Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Even in a fetish game,
F.O.E.!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Bug report: logged in to find myself transformed into a hideous abomination.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'm the untextured, primitive-shapes-only robots with pumpkin heads and no death animations

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The title translates to "Barbarossa! ~Onwards? Red Army Girls' Brigade~"

I don't... know what to say about this.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

What the gently caress is it with all these bad games themed specifically around poop

Like, is it a glimmer of self-awareness? Are they made by literal 12-year-olds? Or maybe just dudes with the minds of 12-year-olds?

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Which class gets the ANGST attack

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Can't wait to install a new terrible storefront for each game I want to play.

Don't worry, it'll only be a few years before a huge predatory international corporation buys them all up and "updates" them to be dramatically worse for both comsumers and designers.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

Don't have Steam already?

That'd require Valve to update Steam at some point.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Flat Justice: Ace Attorney

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Dorks made up a name for the thing they were already doing, i.e. picking some genre or whatever, blindly supporting and replicating it, defending it from all criticism regardless of merit, and crowing that the lovely bits are what make it good. Why is your game a boring grindfest? Because we've grown past hating on games for being boring grindfests.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Desperate publicity stunts, mostly. I think they tried to go all woke and no longer have nudity, for about five minutes.

"Our fans read us for the articles."

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Elephant Parade posted:

I don't like Azur Lane and I haven't even tried Kancolle, but anthropomorphizing historical battleships isn't bad as a concept, and given nautical tradition it kinda makes sense to have all of them be female. Yes, the fanservice can be a bit much, but that doesn't mean the fundamental premise is worthless.

If you think people need a solid historical reason to make stuff into anime girls you haven't been paying attention

megane
Jun 20, 2008

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Plastic Love seems like the kind of game I can see Youtubers playing ironically but then actually kind of enjoying it

Ironic Game Purchase Leads to Unironic YouTube Stream

megane
Jun 20, 2008

OwlFancier posted:

I mean if the team proposed it that rather suggests they thought it was a good idea initially and now realise people think it's weird and don't want the bad publicity so they're trying to retcon thinking it was good in the first place :v:

Yeah, it's pretty clear the story goes:

1) Make game with all-male all-white characters, think this is totally 100% great
2) "What? People are mad? Ugh, I guess we can maybe eventually get around to thinking about adding some ladies etc."
3) "Oh, haha, don't worry, you'll be able to turn the ladies off. We get you, WhiteStrike88 :wink:"
4) "What? People are mad?"

megane
Jun 20, 2008

the terrible awful games were us all along

megane
Jun 20, 2008

I'll give it a try:

There's a distinction to be made between consenting to something vs. actually wanting it. You can not want a thing, but consent to it anyway (for instance, because somebody has power over you); on the other hand, you can want something, but feel like you can't say so. The author is claiming that erotic fanfiction lets people safely explore, learn, and argue about this distinction, because it's easier to talk about it when it involves Spock turning into a sex werewolf and having to marry Sephiroth.

I don't feel I have a right to comment, but maybe I should be writing my dissertation over the contents of this thread instead of category theory.

Somehow I don't think the game in question was created by an uncertain, sheltered young lady exploring and questioning the norms and taboos of her society.

megane fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Jul 15, 2019

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The Pirate Captain posted:

It says it's "definitely unauthorized", but who would authorize it? Hitler?

The 'definitely' implies that they asked him and he expressly said no, even.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

The first things on the "more like this" list are Major\Minor and Hatoful Boyfriend :discourse:

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Maybe each character carries around a bust, you know, of Julius Caesar or something.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Only registered members can see post attachments!

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Terrible Awful Games: too much monster dick for german censors

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Terrible Awful Games: how to get bobs ...... . ?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Rotten Red Rod posted:

it looks like rear end
Well, I mean,