Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Exact loving same.

They say voxel but it doesn't look voxel...

'Voxel' as far as I know is just a term describing how information is stored, so it could very well use voxels to store its maps or somthing.
Also, that game kinda dissapoints me because I would really enjoy some kind of a more aporachable Elona style title. But whenever I hear the term 'Monster girls' I turn away because I know exactly the kinda crap thats gonna be in it..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I'd just like to say that a battle royale anime sounds like a lot of fun, especially if everyone keeps coming back to life. Also I didn't even skim over that article, but what the actual hell?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I know that they didn't want to put exploitative microtransactions into this game but 30$???

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I don't think anything in the 'Adult only sexual content' category looks like the kind of game I'd like to play anyway, mostly low effort cash-grabs, slideshows, and machine translated japanese dating sims.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008

bessantj posted:

Do you think these games are generally profitable? Low cost to make and sell just enough to make it worthwhile.

I'd say they could possibly make more money than your typical grey-market card printing scam-job as your average horny teen may buy it in a moment of weakness. It also seems to be the current dumping ground of the 'something something-BOOBS' sub-genre of lovely games, which means hopefully I'll be able to escape games like that showing up in my reccomended list all the time.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
One of the games that have been banned recently (according to that banned games list) is called Far-out: Selene. Didn't look that bad at all, I wonder what happened with it?

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I've seen footage like that before, its probably lifted almost directly from one of those Pre-assembled asset packs.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Well that escalates fairly quickly.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Its less patronising if theres a story reason.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
They never should have released Male pregnancy v1.0 the way it was, oh god the blood.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I always wonder who the hell these people are too. Especially the those who just give away money to seemingly anyone. Even if they barely stream at all.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Just looking at the page makes it extremely obvious its one of those dime-a-dozen cut-and-paste store bought game templates with unspeakably generic furry pictures slapped on. Where the hell do they get the pictures for these games anyway? Its like those generic weirdos you see on forums with anime avatars, but not just any specific anime no, its always some generic face.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I mean in general really, not just furry stuff. Either they steal it from an unknown source, or they buy it in bulk somehow.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The biggest problem I have with Subverse is that there is no prototypes or past games made by this team, just mockups, 3d models and animations. I've seen projects with more pedegree than this fail before, plenty of times.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
To me they always looked like department store mannequins come to life. Also in the sense that they all have same body with different hair and clothes.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
Brooks Cracktackle

(how do I still remember that, it was years ago).

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The most obvious solution is to grow an extra arm.

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
The way I'd do it is that there would be a list of moves on screen and you would have to type each one out in order to perform them, the names of the moves would change to something else after you typed them out and if they are extra long or complex then they become more effective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tombot
Oct 21, 2008
I wonder if there is an achievement for bequeathing everything to the cat.

Edit: I love the tags on this one.