Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

Ikari Worrier posted:

It's a bold new world out there, folks. One where you are free to swing your Nerf Sword and hit stock combatants in a generic village until you get bored, which takes about 60 seconds. Definitely watch the trailer for this one, but here's a couple screenshots that the developers decided looked better with a ridiculous amount of jpg artifacting:

If you told me these were shots from Catechumen 2, I'd probably believe you.

CommissarMega posted:

If they've got trading cards, then game sales would only be part of their potential income. See, devs receive 10% of whatever marketplace actions relating to items received from their game- basically, they get 10% of all transactions involving their trading cards and the like. Sure, you sell a game for only $0.50 (at an permanent 75% discount to attract people looking for 'a good deal'), but if you give players 3-6 trading cards worth $0.10 to $0.25 apiece, then you'll get a massive influx of people buying your cheapo game and selling cards, which in turn would generate deceptively massive amounts of revenue. I have to admit, that if any of these games came up on Steam at extremely low prices and cards, I'd readily buy and Idlemaster them.

Sales don't even need to come into play, when you can just solicit Greenlight votes for keys and then rake in the trading card money from all of the suckers who I have to assume just want the game to get their 15 cents worth of cards and then never actually play it.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 22, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
I feel like this is a good time the bring up those devs who went in the other direction, and all of their emotes and backgrounds are of their fursonas and it's basically a dumb scheme to import stuff into Steam Community for their own personal use.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/582290/

That UI looks rather familiar....

Edit: I didn't realize how bonkers this really was until I looked a bit closer.

George Lucas? Mobil Oil? :psyduck:

Original UI do not steal.

Oh, well that explains everything. This game is Early Access, btw.

:thumbsup: This is literally one of the screenshots they uploaded to the store page.

John Murdoch fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Mar 8, 2017