Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

FoolyCharged posted:

My favorite thing about postmodernism is that it's over half a century old at this point. The incongruity of the name and the reality of how long ago it was coined is so great.

I mean, take that up with the root problem. Postmodernism is called that because it came after and in response to the Modernism movement. The eternal modern of the early 1900s.

But yeah it's probably only a post modern game in the sense that it's "sarcastic" and not some sort of well founded rejection of the concept of objective or universal truth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
White Wolf made those, but those all had tons of other edgier supplements under the Black Dog imprint and then later Onyx Path. Sometimes you get Charnel Houses of Europe where they make a real effort to treat the matter with sensitivity, but then you get the moronic rape contest in the Infernal book in Exalted. And the Baali in VtM. I think a lot of the people from those two ended up in control and that's how you get "actually the Chechens were secretly hunting vampires too" and "Some good Brujah examples are neo-nazis."

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

Lodin posted:

Ok, why would vampires want to have a bunch of gay humans in Chechnya killed? Is there at least some reason beyond the author being homophobic?

And on that note, Vampire the Masquerade: Night Road is very good. Chose your own adventure that easily feels the most like a pen and paper I've ever experienced. And it lets you be non-binary if that's your thing.

You see the vampires are using it as a distraction in the Masquerade and bllluugurhughrg. The real reason is WoD regularly incorporates some real world stuff and they're used to doing edgy poo poo because the game's dark, man, and sometimes that means they just have to place down then step on every rake they can.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jun 18, 2021

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
Doggy, cowgirl, reverse cowgirl, amazon, reverse amazon, amazon lariat, the spinning top, the settled top, Joshua, spider, lotus, spider-lotus, lotus-spider, REDACTED, political, cool sex, airplane, irish whip, mating press, birth control press, double irish, wild style, the ol' wink wink nudge nudge, and regular.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
It's those loving Van Gogh experiences but in this one you can press A/X to pop a bat

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
good, gently caress gary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
A 2D fighter with a skeleton that drags you to a ring out from midscreen is certainly a choice. Honestly it just looks like the video game equivalent of a wacky gamer t-shirt.

I guess it has rollback at least.