Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

FirstAidKite posted:

Where were all of you guys the first time that pic got posted and I felt super dumb because I was the only one seeing fatal frame's long armed ghost in that pic :P

I suspect that a dating sim about dating long armed ghosts would handle its subject matter with considerably more maturity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

jonsicoli posted:

Because when I think sexy, I think moderate back pain and waists that are prone to shearing themselves apart.

"Moderate?"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Truga posted:

this is a different ship show

I'm not sure I can handle the knowledge that there is enough demand to support two properties about battleships being anthropomorphized into anime girls.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Parody covereth a multitude of sins.

But I'd also bet that they didn't think that far ahead, either.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Ape Escape was ahead of it's time.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Would it be possible to make a human-powered Bitcoin miner and disguise it as a game? Like the protein folding thing?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StoryTime posted:

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by 'human-powered', but if you can convince anyone to run an executable file, it absolutely can be used to mine cryptocurrency for any shady party. There's plenty of that kind of malware going around these days.

Right that's the easy way. But "mining" a Bitcoin is just adding transactions to a bitcoin's block chain, right? So technically there's no reason a human couldn't do that instead of using a gpu; it'd just be way slower.

So could you make a game where the player did that? It's be as some kind of stupid art project, rather than being profitable, obviously. But I'm just amused by the idea of instead of sneaking a Bitcoin miner into a game, making a game where the players form a distributed biological miner.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Sindai posted:

No, it's doing a bunch of math. That's why people buy hundreds of graphics cards, design specialized hardware, or hide mining software in trojans to do it.

Math that humans could do. My point isn't that it would be effective, just that it's an amusing meta idea.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
What the devil?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Wait, the entire army is the main character? That's innovative.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StrixNebulosa posted:

Nothing too horrible today, just a pair of games that decided that when people complained about games being brown and gray...they should double-down on the brown.

"Ah yes, these are the screenshots that will sell my game."

I've never played it myself, but I thought Flotilla is supposed to be pretty good, mechanically? I agree that art style is pretty poo poo, though.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

StrixNebulosa posted:

prostitute flirting with a pirate captain, getting handed her hat (as the pirate flees from the guards) and the lady winding up as the captain of this ship. 

That's a much better/funnier concept than I was expecting out of a gay furry visual novel, so props to them for that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Oh, Jack. If only you'd known. :smith:

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Nature and capitalism both abhor vacuums, it would seem.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

OwlFancier posted:

I don't want to know how you pour anime in someone's ear, or how you liquefy it prior to that step.

Audiobooks?

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

double nine posted:

imagine a boot, stamping down on a racist rear end in a top hat, forever.

Except the boot only actually stamps down when enough people are actively complaining about the racist to it, and it stops once they get bored and wander off.

Keeshhound fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 30, 2018

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

At first I was laughing like it was the funniest thing I'd seen in my life. But then I kept scrolling on and on and the desperation and terror set in.

"Dark_Swordmaster, a perfectly normal goon. Except. Today, they find themselves... in the waifu zone."

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Jamfrost posted:

I keep thinking sexy Bugs Bunny when I look at that picture.

Man, I've watched the original Warner Bros. shorts, Bugs is way classier than that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

OwlFancier posted:

No, coming out of a vagina is how you create life, ergo shoving someone back into a vagina kills them.

Man, you got a way different version of "the talk" than my folks gave me.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I did not expect that.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
Practice does make perfect, I guess.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

XTimmy posted:

"What are you making?!"
A gun Preston. I am making a gun, just like the last hundred times you asked me when I glanced at the crafting bench. Now shut the gently caress up.

Also radiant quests are like an antithesis to good game design. So very very lazy.

There's nothing wrong with having a set of busy work quests that encourage the player to go to new locations, but they probably should just go on a notice board instead of having an (ostensibly) important NPC cram them into your quest log without asking if you want them.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

I don't think you get the appeal of Bethesda's open world games, and that's ok.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

Improbable Lobster posted:

The radiant quests are loving garbage

I didn't say they weren't. What I said was "There's nothing wrong with having a set of busy work quests that encourage the player to go to new locations"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

That looks like they put a lot more effort into it than I was expecting.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
It is kind of weird though; it's not like anyone buying those games stateside doesn't know what they're getting into, so cutting content seems a little old-school. Then again, it is Sony.

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

CuddleCryptid posted:

Just admit that you want to buy the cat girl banging game, it's okay

To be fair, it is surprisingly well developed for what little standard exists in the genre

"Terrible Awful Graves Thread: Just admit that you want to buy the cat girl banging game, it's okay"

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger

quote:

Club Naughty, Grav Blazer, Professor Watts Word Search: Into The Ocean, Professor Watts: Memory Match, Trivia Vault: Mixed Trivia, Trivia Vault: Science & History Trivia, Trivia Vault: Super Heroes Trivia, Trivia Vault: 1980's Trivia, Trivia Vault: Classic Rock Trivia, Trivia Vault: 1980's Trivia 2, Trivia Vault: Classic Rock Trivia 2, Trivia Vault: Science & History Trivia 2, Grav Blazer Squared, Trivia Vault: Super Heroes Trivia 2, Trivia Vault: Mini Mixed Trivia, Trivia Vault: Mini Mixed Trivia 2, Trivia Vault: Mini Mixed Trivia 3, Trivia Vault: Mini Mixed Trivia 4, Trivia Vault: Video Game Trivia Deluxe, Trivia Vault: Technology Trivia Deluxe, Trivia Vault: Health Trivia Deluxe, Trivia Vault: Mixed Trivia 2, Trivia Vault Football Trivia, Trivia Vault Baseball Trivia, Trivia Vault Olympics Trivia, Trivia Vault Basketball Trivia, Trivia Vault: Boxing Trivia, Trivia Vault: Auto Racing Trivia, Trivia Vault: Golf Trivia, Trivia Vault: Hockey Trivia, Trivia Vault: Tennis Trivia, Trivia Vault: Soccer Trivia, Trivia Vault: Movie Trivia, Trivia Vault: Celebrity Trivia, Trivia Vault: TV Trivia, Trivia Vault: Art Trivia, Trivia Vault: Business Trivia, Trivia Vault: Toy Trivia, Trivia Vault: Fashion Trivia, Trivia Vault: Food Trivia, Trivia Vault: Literature Trivia, Trivia Vault: Music Trivia, Professor Watts Word Search: Space Voyage, Professor Watts Word Search: Pirates Life, Professor Watts Word Search: Yummy Foods, Professor Watts Memory Match: Cute Animals, Professor Watts Memory Match: Yummy Cupcakes, Professor Watts Memory Match: Fresh Fruit, Puzzle Monarch: Vampires, Land of Puzzles: Castles, Puzzle Monarch: Super Natural, Puzzle Monarch: Zombie, Land of Puzzles: Knights, Land of Puzzles: Battles, Professor Watts Memory Match: Expressions, Puzzle Monarch: Mummy, Puzzle Monarch: Forests, Professor Watts Memory Match: Cats, Professor Watts Memory Match: Puppies, Land of Puzzles: Elven Princess, Puzzle Monarch: Egypt, Puzzle Monarch: Nile River, Puzzle Monarch Nile River Wall Papers, Mentai Uncensored

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keeshhound
Jan 14, 2010

Mad Duck Swagger
That was really more of a tagline than a subtitle.