Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Captain Hygiene posted:

Isn't that the game that someone ate a probe for praising it as great in the same sentence as they mentioned their character getting raped multiple times?

I think it was that game, or a similar erotic fps, that led to someone having a breakdown in the steam thread and threatening suicide when people said "we don't want to talk about rape/bondage in the video game thread." .

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Antivehicular posted:

I'm mostly disturbed at this point by the poster's lack of pattern recognition. How many probes does it take to realize "hmm, maybe I should stop posting about my favorite hell rape game on SA?"

Judging by what became of the Visual Novel thread in ADTRW, too many to be counted.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

The number of people who really want rape to be a thing in videogames is disquieting.

This was on display in a big way when the Exalted kickstater backlash popped off on these forums. More then a few people arguing that you could use any of the standard spells like sleep, charm, dominate etc. to roleplay raping someone in a regular ttrpg so they didn't see the problem with the actual spell "rape person" in Exalted.

pentyne fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Jun 15, 2021

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Zurtilik posted:

Oh no what happened to Exalted. It was just kind of a weird high power TTRPG when my brother picked it up like 15 years ago.

New Exalted was darker and edgier to the max in 2013, so basically 31 flavors of rape.
https://www.somethingawful.com/dungeons-and-dragons/burn-down-whitewolf/1/

Coincidentally, the publishing company White Wolf which runs Exalted and World of Darkness is no longer allowed to publish their works without supervisory approval from the company that owns them, Paradox, checking it first to make sure it is acceptable after repeatedly including white supremacist stuff in their books and writing very weird and hosed up things about LGBTQ world issues.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The White Wolf staff involved loved describing themselves as a bunch of Swedish edge-lords with no limits or filters on their content.

You can guess the gender and ethnic make up of the staff.