Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Thuryl posted:

Stardew Valley. It's pretty well known by now that everyone at Valve thought it was a game about doing boring poo poo nobody cared about that looked like garbage and would never sell, and they were absolutely gobsmacked when it passed Greenlight and went on to sell millions of copies. Never woulda passed a manual gatekeeping process by Valve staff.

On the other hand, if we're comparing Steam Greenlight to Steam Direct, I'm not sure the latter has meaningfully improved things for anyone.
I honestly hadn't heard this before, what the gently caress, had none of them ever even heard of Harvest Moon because SV wears its influences on its sleeve and it owns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I like how there's a thumbs DOWN button

and also that the "thumbs up" count is at 860

suffice it to say that if it's a net I sure made that poo poo go down

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Imagine that you're a young woman with some tasty curves; and it can only mean one thing - you're a perfect sacrifice to the Boobs King!

- Unique weapons (gatling boobs, strapon-plasma gun and more);

e: oh my god Recent Updates - News 1 (Furry) rofl

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
I'm actually curious. Is "put them on a bottle" a typo or is that... why they're using (literally)?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Come on, someone spent good money on :umberto:

Gotta take the opportunity to use it whenever it's even slightly appropriate!

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pigbuster posted:

It's one of my favorite emotes and I've never seen it in the wild.
There was an excellent post in... apparently PYF Idiots on Social Media:

Mak0rz posted:

Gonna be straight with you: I've never heard of Umberto Eco before now and had to Google the legible text in that gif to find out where it comes from.

Now I'm confused about what the emote means because I thought it was supposed to be mocking people who speak pseudo-intellectual gibberish :shrug:
I enjoyed it a lot because it was suggesting a completely viable alternate use of "old guy just spouting :words:" but not out of malice, just ignorance :shobon:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Quicksilver6 posted:

All I know is that Umberto Eco wrote The Name of the Rose that got made into a movie starring Jesuit Priest Sean Connery
Book is good! He also wrote Foucault's Pendulum and the essay that emote quotes, Ur-Fascism. (and died of pancreatic cancer in 2016.)

I know this is kinda far afield from terrible awful games but I won't stop recommending good books because I'm a goon :goonsay:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Tombot posted:

'Voxel' as far as I know is just a term describing how information is stored, so it could very well use voxels to store its maps or somthing.
A "voxel" is just the three-dimensional unit of space, like a "pixel" is for two - technically yes, they could be storing their maps three dimensionally and everything would qualify:

Wikipedia posted:

A voxel represents a value on a regular grid in three-dimensional space. As with pixels in a bitmap, voxels themselves do not typically have their position (their coordinates) explicitly encoded along with their values.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Dareon posted:

I unlocked a husky disguise and got a Moon Moon joke.
you got Moon Moon :(