Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

What the hell does loosely-canonical visual novel mean? He's the sole creator of the game and whatever this hiveswap thing is, right? So he's the only one who decides what is or isn't canon.

It doesn't even make any sense anyway. Something is canon or it isn't. I am angry.

Side stories can just be for fun, and maybe later you take some of the cooler stuff from it and make it count in the sequel, but mainly you don't have to worry too hard about it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
The Christians have finally come for my animes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Kanfy posted:

One day the truly filthy stuff will get on Steam and on that day all hope will indeed be lost.

Can I spoon with Honeydew? Asking for a me

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"Intimacy Mode" seemed really euphamistic, so I looked it up and it's a model veiwer mode were you squirt girls with water and grab their boobs like they were Mario's nose in Mario 64 and they go "AAHH NOO"

I don't understand video games.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

frogge posted:

Gonna throw this one into the pile: Blood and Bacon. One map. Tons of pigs.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/434570/Blood_and_Bacon/

Doesn't belong in this thread at all, Blood and Bacon is brilliantly stupid

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Is undertale an rpg maker game? Or just game maker?

Any good game using a stock engine has had enough work put into it that you won't recognize the engine.

Game Maker. Both Hotline Miamis were too, which is why the collision is weird sometimes

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Nah

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
More agreeable than Hitler, by like... a bit.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

ultrafilter posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1109130/3/

I have no idea if this is a terrible game or not, but the DLC being $390 worth of in-game items seems like a bit of a red flag.

From the tiny amount of English available it looks like the dlc is various amounts of paid currency. For what looks like an rpgmaker game :eek:

Edit oh wait that's what you meant by in game items. I just woke up :sweatdrop:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Doc Hawkins posted:

There is an officially licensed game for the anime "Rise of the Shield Hero," and even with how bad that show is (i'm clenching my rear end for the inevitable derail about it), the game looks INCREDIBLY bad. Like, early 2000s RPG Maker bad.

Oh, and not in english, so I'm definitely unclear why it's in my queue, except so that I can post it here.

I was gonna ask if that was that anime that you think will be someone's D&D campaign but actually ends up as a Harem anime, and then I realised I was thinking of Goblin Slayer and then realised that its its own genre of anime and now I'm sad, thanks

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
"What is Isekai?" I asked the thread, nervously.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I was gonna compare the genre to Thomas Covenant and woah I guess I was more right than I thought???

(Or Gor, oh Jesus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Being able to cut yourself in a video game sets my teeth on edge.