Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

What are the games with the coolest shotguns? Like the ones where when you pick one you know that anything in a close range of you is utterly hosed?

Super Shotgun - Doom II

This motherfucker is the primo shotgun for me. Blasting out crowds of tightly packed enemies with the Super Shotgun made me feel like a loving god.

Striker - RE4

This hefty dude feels like you're carrying a loving cannon! And the way it gently caress ups Plaga zombies reinforces that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Striker ftmfw.

Jedah
Sep 1, 2001

YOU CAN NOT BUST THE KRUST
The super shotgun from Resident Evil 2 was one of my all-time favorites. The sound it made was so satisfying, and its kick could actually knock you back to the previous screen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0rBXQiwCq0&t=201s

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
The sawn off shotgun from Hitman 2 that made people ragdoll 100 yards into the air is my favorite

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

the action half-life hand cannon. if something was next to you when you shot it, it was dead as a doornail.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blasting someone with a shotgun in any Halo and then finishing them off by smashing them with the butt, or vice-versa, is a top-tier gaming feel.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

The first ones that come to mind are two of the Shotguns from Killing Floor. The AA12 and the Hunting Shotgun.

There are few things that make you feel more powerful than a 20 round automatic shotgun. Unloading a full magazine of the AA12 is gaming ecstasy.

The Hunting Shotgun is always a blast to use, and the alt-fire lets loose both shells at once. But the real joy comes from crouching near a skrake, lining up your shot and unleashing all 20 pellets into the skrake's torso and head, eliminating him instantly.

The Shotguns in Doom, the roguelike feel great to use as well. It's an ASCII game but the sound effects and blood spatter makes Shotguns feel especially nice. My favorite type is the combat shotgun. It automatically reloads when you move, so you can fire, swiftly dodge an enemy's shot and fire again. It's hard to explain but it just feels awesome.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
That 'shotgun' that fires really concentrated sound waves in Advanced Warfare

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Roadhog's shotgun

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

sector_corrector posted:

the action half-life hand cannon. if something was next to you when you shot it, it was dead as a doornail.

Action Half Life ftmfw

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Deus Ex 1 you can get that auto shotgun and pump one million weapon mods into it, activate 3x movement speed and smoke a map before anyone even knows youve arrived.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNuXLu-LrVg

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

sector_corrector posted:

I used to love Action HL and that shotgun was the bees knees

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol that reload animation

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
The pump action shotgun and Jackhammer in Max Payne 1.

The sawed off in MP2.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lumpy the Cook posted:

That 'shotgun' that fires really concentrated sound waves in Advanced Warfare

frankclub laugh looping infinitely

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Roadhog.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

The Swag 7 from CS has some good running accuracy so you can get away with flying round corners and doming unsuspecting terrorists.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

There are few things that make you feel more powerful than a 20 round automatic shotgun. Unloading a full magazine of the AA12 is gaming ecstasy.

i play support in KF for this reason. the AA12 just erases Zeds and it's great.

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
F.E.A.R.: First Encounter Assault Recon

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Doom 2's super shotgun is the best gun that has ever been in a video game.

UT's flak cannon is also really great.

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

Skylark
Apr 27, 2007

︵‿୨🤍୧‿︵
༶⋆˙⊹。⋆ʚ🦢ɞ ✩ ˛˚.

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Blasting someone with a shotgun in any Halo and then finishing them off by smashing them with the butt, or vice-versa, is a top-tier gaming feel.

Tower of Power in Halo2 ftw.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_h5lI1tbY&t=51s

Capcom gets shotties.

Hoodrich
Feb 4, 2011

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6TSO_LipDag

Soral
May 30, 2009

the shotgun from half life that lets you shoot 2 shells at once with the alt fire

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Yeah. Don't forget the DMC shotguns as well.

I don't really like the RE7 shotgun though.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
[dons flame suit] i like the UT flak cannon a great deal

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pablo Gigante posted:

I used to love Action HL and that shotgun was the bees knees

it was cool because they made it high risk high reward. the limited ammo and the amount of spread made it very bad for you if you missed your shot.

competing dive hand-cannon attacks where the winner is decided by a split second makes you feel like an actual action hero.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the grudgeraker in vermintide feels very super shotty and is therefore good

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

sector_corrector posted:

[dons flame suit] i like the UT flak cannon a great deal

its actually the only weapon in ut that feels super satisfying to use

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

trying to jack off posted:

its actually the only weapon in ut that feels super satisfying to use

Uhhh :hellyeah: much?

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bU6d1XQSfNw

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
turning feds into ground chuck with the betty boom/depezador

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

The super shotgun of doom 2 gets a lot of credit for shotgun feel among gamers, but the lowly single barrel shotgun in doom 1 AND 2 with faster reloads in more satisfying to this gamer

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009
Battlefield 3 -- Canister Shell for the tank.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Twopiecing with the gnasher

PleasingFungus
Oct 10, 2012
idiot asshole bitch who should fuck off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8r_h5lI1tbY&t=210s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
The shotgun in the new resident evil is satisfying and probably my favorite gun in the game.

• Locked thread