Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
(jump to votecount)

(source)
The village of Podłima used to be a small hamlet in a cold corner of Arrentia's frontier. The people fished the river and farmed the fields and hunted the forests, and on clear nights one could see all the way to the edges of the Cavot mountains.
But that was then. Four years ago, word spread that gold could be found deep in uncharted Ruzelia, and Empress Hecate II gave land grants to thousands of enterprising women (and even some men) who agreed to settle there. Podłima, located at a confluence of rivers and at the mouth of a pass to Ruzelia, became the most logical first step for the would-be prospector. The city's size exploded from 300 to over 70,000. The forests were cut down to build tenements, taverns, and brothels in what was once farmland, while the river became filled with waste and excrement. And as prospectors arrived by the boatload each day, they brought with them scoundrels and cutthroats to part them from their purses (and their deeds).
Almost overnight, Arrentia's newest city also became its most dangerous. Local constables and politicians were paid off by newly-formed crime syndicates, calling themselves "Mafias" after the Savomarine word for "legitimate businessmen." With no one willing to protect the innocent from the predations of the powerful, it seemed as if there was no hope, no answer for Podłima's mournful cries for justice.
At least until last week. At a council meeting for the heads of the mafia families, someone entered the room and murdered everyone save for a frightened cook. She called herself "Stalpłaszcz" - The Steel Cloak. "This is my city now," she told the cook, who has repeated it to anyone who would listen. "I am the revenge of the light. I am the darkness of the night. I. Am. Stalpłaszcz."

(source)

Welcome to this game of mafia! This is a 15 player closed-setup game. However, it is a "traditional" game; there will be little that isn't featured on the SA Mafia Wiki or the Mafia flash thingy. However there might still be some surprises thrown your way! Who knows?

The standard mafia rules apply: don't do anything that could be construed as "not in the spirit of mafia." But I'm not a huge stickler for rules, so as long as you don't break the game it'll probably be fine. For instance, feel free to edit your posts to fix minor things like formatting, even if you get caught by the ninja; just be reasonable about it.

However, please remember that I reserve the right to punish someone as I see fit for whatever thing they do.

My unique quirk: please ##unvote before re##voting. I will not count revotes without unvotes unless you are a double-voter. It doesn't matter what votebot says; votebot is just for your convenience, only the votecounts I present are to be assumed accurate and reliable. If you think you see a mistake in a votecount I have posted, please contact me privately so I may check it.

Posting is very important to me, however I will not expect you to be abuzz with posting things left and right. If you haven't posted for a while, I'll probably prod you with a PM casually, maybe with a "hey go post GO POST NOWWWW". If you have a reason why you're not posting, feel free to tell me -- I like to think I'm fairly reasonable. If you aren't posting and it's going to be a chronic problem, I'll ask if you want a replacement; it's up to you, I just want everyone to have a good time, you included. However, if you're put on probation for more than a day, then I will replace you without warning. So don't get probated!

Deadlines are the most effective and easiest way to encourage participation. To that effect, every game day will have a deadline. If majority voting has not been reached by then, the day will end with no hanging. The Day 1 deadline will be at most 5 days long, and they'll only get shorter! Note that if I am ever for some reason unavailable for a deadline I've set, you should assume it to be floating.

To sign up, simply say whether you want to play or be a replacement, whether or not you have PMs, your AIM if you have it (but I know you don't anymore), and your email address. I'm "eccoraven" via g-mail. I only check my email every other day or so, so if you don't yet have PMs you should really consider getting them!

If you are living with, or otherwise have direct RL contact with, another player in the game, please tell me when signing up. It won't affect your chances for playing the game, I just like to know these things in advance.

Here we go!

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jan 31, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
:c:

NOTE: just an estimate, not assumed to be accurate!

Current Phase: N / A
:h: N / A
:d: N / A

1) Amoeba102
2) Anomalous Amalgam
3) Asiina
4) CCKeane
5) chaoslord
6) got some chores tonight
7) Grandicap
8) Moatillata
9) peramene
10) Pinterest Mom
11) Quidthulhu
12) Rarity
13) SirSamVimes
14) The Ninth Layer
15) Tobbs Gnawed

Night 0: A bunch of mafia dudes got themselves got.
Day 1: Moatillata, Guillaume Hardouin, Pauper (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 1: SirSamVimes, Adam Patecki, Mafia Don (mafia-aligned goon), died. got some chores tonight, Emanuel Fleck, Pauper (town-aligned vanilla), died.
Day 2, Morning: peramene, Skłodowska Sabina, Donna de Sabinae (mafia-aligned tracker), daykilled.
Day 2, Afternoon: Grandicap, Czesław Dygasiński, Pauper (town-aligned vanilla), executed.
Night 2: Nobody died! Or at least nobody in the game. How unusual!
Day 3, Morning: Tobbs Gnawed, Sir Albert Vartgrosz, Butler (steel-aligned butler), was daykilled by Ninth.
Day 3, Afternoon: Quidthulhu, Lady Loughrea - aka "The Stalpłaszcz," Dark Crusader (steel-aligned serial killer), executed.

:dance:
TOWN VICTORY
MAFIA VICTORY
GAME OVER

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Feb 16, 2017

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
join

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I'd like to play

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

bonjour

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Ecco game ecco game put me in~

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Altho there is a sad lack of kings in this game I will play

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Ecco

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

I will read along and will commit to being a sub if needed. Not an outright signup at this juncture unless desperately needed.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I will mafs.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ecco game... Goes unfilled?? Could this be the end?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Sure, ok.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Hey I'll play.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fine

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I will play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I can't read it as anything other than "The Paupers of Podima".

I just can't. After a few reads I can mentally jam the "l" in the middle, but I can tell that it doesn't want to be there.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I can't read it as anything other than "The Paupers of Podima".

I just can't. After a few reads I can mentally jam the "l" in the middle, but I can tell that it doesn't want to be there.

this is not a coincidence, podima requested to be the flavor for a game! also it may help that the l with a slash through it is pronounced as a "y". that's weird and therefore notable!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EccoRaven posted:

this is not a coincidence, podima requested to be the flavor for a game! also it may help that the l with a slash through it is pronounced as a "y". that's weird and therefore notable!

Ahhhh I missed the little slash because it wasn't in the thread title.

When I lose I blame Podima.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Ahhhh I missed the little slash because it wasn't in the thread title.

When I lose I blame Podima.

Yeah imma blame pod too. He's probably in this game and we don't even know it.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Moatillata posted:

Yeah imma blame pod too. He's probably in this game and we don't even know it.

lol that's my trick

but ##vote Podima just in case.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

lol that's my trick

but ##vote Podima just in case.

:wink:

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Who would do such a thing!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Asiina posted:

Who would do such a thing!

Me.

I would.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Ok

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Does anyone remember that one game where winvirus was the Eye of Chaos outside of the game or whatever and would send messages to people. That was cool. I think it was like Baldurs Gate or Planescape: Torment or another 90s windows rpg.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

good to have you Dr. Slord

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I would never run a game where a player in the game was not listed in the OP, that's foolish.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

EccoRaven posted:

I would never run a game where a player in the game was not listed in the OP, that's foolish.

she stated, knowing full well that Podima is in the OP.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

EccoRaven posted:

##vote Pander

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

I will play.

Well hey there ;-*

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Rarity and Asiina?

Come on ladies' scumteam. Come on.

Alright Ecco but understand I'm doing this half under duress and half out of raw gross lust for brutality so bring it the gently caress on. And also because you asked me specifically and I'm fond of your brain. My posting content will not be up to usual pera standards and I apologize for that up front. But for you, yes. I will play.

Hey everybody :hist101:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

peramene posted:

Rarity and Asiina?

Alright Ecco but understand I'm doing this half under duress and half out of raw gross lust for brutality so bring it the gently caress on. And also because you asked me specifically and I'm fond of your brain. My posting content will not be up to usual pera standards and I apologize for that up front. But for you, yes. I will play.

Hey everybody :hist101:

Did she bribe you with a spot on the scum team?

Did she?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Did she bribe you with a spot on the scum team?

Did she?

##vote pERAMENE

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello frands.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Hello frands.

You misspelled frauds. My life is a lie.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

hello, peramene.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

If you need someone still for this, I'll sign u[. I'd probably end up having to sub in anyway.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

peramene posted:

Rarity and Asiina?

pls no

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

If this happens then ##vote Rarity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I missed Amoeba, meaning we have a full house!

role PMs are being written as quickly as they can be. I am shooting for no later than a Sunday morning start time, but if I can get them earlier, the better, right? right.

• Locked thread