Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

I don't think Flint threw Bill from the ship.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

They turned Billy Bones over to the slaves but they had to leave him alive... that's the most absurd deal all series I think. Shame about Madi, I know we didn't see her actually die for sure but if that's a fake out that's too many fake outs since they already did that a few times this season. Somehow that nobody Spaniard not only took down Eleanor and Madi but the four guys with guns still protecting the house haha.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Phenotype posted:

I tend to assume a scene that's actually shown on screen is real, unless it's specifically called out as a fantasy. If Silver had just told Madi "Yeah, we sent him to a farm upstate where he can run around and chase the cows," then I'd think there was a chance he was lying, but the fact that they actually cut away and showed them arriving at the colony, all the way up to Flint embracing Thomas, makes me assume that this is what actually happened. It would feel kinda cheaty for them to "show" a fantasy, right down to the details that Silver wouldn't have known about.
I don't know, if it's shown while Silver is telling his possibly false story to Madi, then it could just be part of his story. On the other hand we actually did see someone demanding to know if a certain prisoner was at a place at the beginning of the episode. And I just don't think Silver would kill Flint especially after Madi has already been rescued. I guess if Flint just refused to give up his war he might have to, but then we did see that scene at the prison early on, and that's the same story they gave Grandma Guthrie even though she wanted him dead. I feel like they left it up to interpretation but it seems to be leaning on the he lived side.

• Locked thread