Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

This is my first year without Starz since this show started. I'm gonna hate not being able to watch along with everyone. I'm torn between reading along with the thread or putting everything off until I can binge it all at once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

PlushCow posted:

UGH ok I've updated the OP hope you are happy :argh:

I'd just wait and binge. Also I'm pretty sure if you have Amazon Prime you can add Starz for an added monthly fee if you didn't want to wait, but if Black Sails is all you'd watch on it I'd just wait. Wikipedia is telling me this season is 10 episodes long, so 9 more weeks to go.

May just wait till its in its last month and buy the subscription for a month. See you all in about 5 weeks then!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

No one knows what happened to Anne. Mary Reed got hanged.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, Hornigold was lost in a shipwreck. I like that they're not following history very much at all because that's not what this show is about and it makes it interesting to watch.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Put a coat on Flint the parrot!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I'd find a modern edit of Pyrates. Makes it much easier to read. And honestly, pretty much anything written after that is just retelling the same information.

edit:
Under the Black Flag was pretty good too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I loved Treasure Island as a kid. I have no idea how it isn't mandatory reading in school but the Scarlet loving Letter is. That book is a garbage fire of boredom and dated story telling. I refuse to believe it was ever held in any esteem out side of disconnected educators, even in its own time.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Season 2 was the best one though.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Ego-bot posted:

Welp, that's one main character dead. Four more episodes to go.

PleasebeMaxpleasebeMaxpleasebeMax:pray:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So what's Max's end game here? Go tattle to a powerful English land owner that an English governor is really a bad guy and that he should team up with the proprietor of a whore house and a rag tag group of pirates that just want their town back? I know she's going to slip away because this show refuses to let her die, but Anne and Jack are pretty much dead meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Elephanthead posted:

Tell me more this sounds like it would make a good book.

I don't know. Sounds more like a cartoon adventure romp to me. Maybe have it take place in space?

• Locked thread