Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

iMac is a p good tv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

I use an apple tv and airplay to my frontal lobe

Uncle Enzo
Apr 28, 2008

I always wanted to be a Wizard
i needed a large expensive electronic device that gets put in the main living space of my home and used daily by my whole family

so naturally i swung over to walmart and just bought whateverthefuck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
curved like my penis, that my wife also never misses an opportunity to criticize publicly

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
led projectors are better. can't waste daylight, and you get to laugh at people who care hard about picture quality.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Phoenixan posted:

holy poo poo his wife just owns him repeatedly

Lol

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Also we haven't had a good "gently caress the verge and tech journalism in general" thread in a while so thanks

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
:tipshat:

post your finest tech journalisms here

moron izzard
Nov 17, 2006

Grimey Drawer

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

curved like my penis, that my wife also never misses an opportunity to criticize publicly

Much like your penis, it's incredibly uncomfortable to look at from most angles.

AtomD
May 3, 2009

Fun Shoe
heres my opinion piece: "the bluetooth toaster only happened because we don't want to admit a 40hr work week is too much"

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

qirex posted:

vizios are usually considered the best of the poverty tier but they got bought by le eco so they'll probably be terrible real soon

ultra lol at dude having a $500 tv budget

https://www.vizio.com/tvs/rseries/rs120b3.html lol vizio make a $130k TV

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

my bedroom tv is a vizio i got in like 2008. it works great.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I enjoy my Lifes Good Lucky Goldstar Absolutely-Not-Smart television A+ would buy again but they don't exist

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
my tv is actually too dumb, it doesn't hdmi-cec so i have to turn it on and off separately like a cave man

blugu64
Jul 17, 2006

Do you realize that fluoridation is the most monstrously conceived and dangerous communist plot we have ever had to face?
my bedroom tv has a vcr and dvd player in it

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008

DuckConference posted:

I'm trying to buy a TV and it's loving terrible

Like they all monitor your viewing habits now gotta have more garbage data for the garbage data throne

buying a non-"""smart""" tv is really hard these days but lol if you dont just disable the network connectivity immediately

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

my dad wants a smart tv and what i think he means is he wants free cable tv

burning swine
May 26, 2004

Arcsech posted:

buying a non-"""smart""" tv is really hard these days but lol if you dont just disable the network connectivity immediately

I want to buy a bigger tv but I'm terrified of the current market

Like those LGs that connect to public wifi to spy on you even if you never connected it to anything. I'm gonna have to crack open the case and physically remove/disconnect the wifi antenna on the next tv i buy

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

what you're looking for is a computer monitor. hope that helps

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

COACHS SPORT BAR posted:

I want to buy a bigger tv but I'm terrified of the current market

Like those LGs that connect to public wifi to spy on you even if you never connected it to anything. I'm gonna have to crack open the case and physically remove/disconnect the wifi antenna on the next tv i buy

the firmware is likely poorly written and will hang of it can't detect the wifi antenna

Trashman
Sep 11, 2000

You trash eating stink bag!
Fun Shoe

Endless Mike posted:

my bedroom tv

blugu64 posted:

my bedroom tv
smdh

DONT THREAD ON ME
Oct 1, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Floss Finder

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

i have a 2007 samsung that was the first 120hz model that suits my needs i wouldnt mind thinner bezels and a larger size but i use it so little and it works fine so i guess ill keep it

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i might get an oled in a year or 2

Bibendum
Sep 5, 2003
nunc est Bibendum

LastInLine posted:

i have a 2007 samsung that was the first 120hz model that suits my needs i wouldnt mind thinner bezels and a larger size but i use it so little and it works fine so i guess ill keep it

This exactly.
When it breaks I'll get one of those commercial/institutional displays. if they can operate for ten years hanging over a deep frier in the McDonald's it will suit my needs fine.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Bibendum posted:

This exactly.
When it breaks I'll get one of those commercial/institutional displays. if they can operate for ten years hanging over a deep frier in the McDonald's it will suit my needs fine.

please dont watch tv in your kitchen

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

akadajet posted:

i might get an oled in a year or 2

have they gotten the lifespan of those up to something reasonable without the colors shifting/dimming all over the place

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

have they gotten the lifespan of those up to something reasonable without the colors shifting/dimming all over the place

idk i never heard about those problems.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

yeah, the issue was that different colored oleds would degrade at different rates, so you'd have color shifting. lg's current design is all white oled subpixels with a colored filter over them. (lg is the only company making oled tv panels)

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

lol well that's better then having the whole thing go green or whatever, but people who run their sets with the brightness at 100% are going to be upset after a few years unless they're figured out the degradation curve and start driving it harder as the service hours go up, which is only going to accelerate the degradation

I hope its like SSD wear rate where there isn't a realistic use pattern to cause problems but something tells me this first gen will be broken poo poo in 5 years

Tankakern
Jul 25, 2007

who the gently caress has a tv in the bedroom

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Tankakern posted:

this kind of person

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/747428415343452160

thirsty for the content dicc

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

please don't appropriate crip culture

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

The Management posted:

vergin editor

Oh gently caress Lol

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

yeah, the issue was that different colored oleds would degrade at different rates, so you'd have color shifting. lg's current design is all white oled subpixels with a colored filter over them. (lg is the only company making oled tv panels)

lucky goldstar is a great company

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Tankakern posted:

who the gently caress has more than one room you bougie scum

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

the point is u dont want to make ur computer jealous

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

me.
I have a room for television, a room for computers, and a room for sleeping.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

The Management posted:

me.
I have a room for television, a room for computers, and a room for sleeping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

bump this thraed every time your not a suit and will never be one except for when you were a lawyer

• Locked thread