Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Level up!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Clock pants, Activate!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
My man realized he had enough meter for super and abused the superflash.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Ok that was some very good punchmans in this chapter.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

yes. YES.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

I fully expect Rihito to manifest a beard by the next issue

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Rihito ascended and invented "dodge other guys punch and counter with your own punch"

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kengan is really consistent with the fact that the most badass thing you can do is master the basics. :v:

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the ultimate epiphany: instead of fighting bad, fight good.

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
I mean, Kengan's always made the point that the most efficient things are simple in theory, but hard to actually pull of in practice. Back in KA when Gensai was wailing on Agito, the narration stated that mastering powerful techniques is not enough, but using the right technique at the right moment is pretty much the ideal of all martial arts, which Kuroki has successfully put into practice.

Which he then demonstrated by countering Agito's one-hit kill Fa Jin Dragon shot with... ...a wristlock.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Warden posted:

I mean, Kengan's always made the point that the most efficient things are simple in theory, but hard to actually pull of in practice. Back in KA when Gensai was wailing on Agito, the narration stated that mastering powerful techniques is not enough, but using the right technique at the right moment is pretty much the ideal of all martial arts, which Kuroki has successfully put into practice.

Which he then demonstrated by countering Agito's one-hit kill Fa Jin Dragon shot with... ...a wristlock.

And it still broke Gensai's hand to redirect an attack with that much power as well.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

"The Dragon Misfires" is one of my top 5 all time favorite pages/panels in Kengan

Warden
Jan 16, 2020

RareAcumen posted:

And it still broke Gensai's hand to redirect an attack with that much power as well.

Well, it damaged the already broken fingers even further and fractured the last intact digit in that hand, his thumb. His right hand was already hosed up, that's why he used it instead of his left to take the brunt of Dragon shot. Of course, Gensai being Gensai, he still used his right hand to punch the poo poo out of Agito after that.

Same thing in his match against Ohma, he blocked the Demonsbane counter punch with his hosed up right hand and delivered the final blow with his intact left, which left his right arm hanging limp when Ohma hit the ground.

Bushmeister posted:

"The Dragon Misfires" is one of my top 5 all time favorite pages/panels in Kengan

It is incredible. And it is soon followed by:

"Even with his brain concussed, even with his hand destroyed, the Emperor would not die. The Fang of Metsudo would not stop. Kanoh Agito would not falter."

Warden
Jan 16, 2020
Chapter 186.

This was a good fight. Too bad the next one most likely won't be.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rihito, don't you dare to job your next fight after this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Rihito, don't you dare to job your next fight after this.

Depends on how good the next fight is.

This was absolutely fantastic though

Scallop Eyes
Oct 16, 2021
Rihito flipped the fight kinda too easily/fast, but it was a cool fight nonetheless. I just hope he can win the next one too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, after 3 years, Rihito has won his second fight

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I wonder how the story is going to keep this consistent, since Rihito being able to solidly beat Saw Paing should put him in the absolute top tier of fighters. Especially after Saw Paing beat Cosmo (someone else who I'd consider among the stronger contenders), which was probably the most genuinely unexpected fight outcome in Omega so far. It'll definitely feel like bullshit if Rihito (who is actually acknowledged as a master of sorts by Gensai himself now) loses to Ryuki (is that who he's fighting next? can't remember). The only way I'll accept such an outcome is if Ryuki outright cheats in some way.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder how the story is going to keep this consistent, since Rihito being able to solidly beat Saw Paing should put him in the absolute top tier of fighters. Especially after Saw Paing beat Cosmo (someone else who I'd consider among the stronger contenders), which was probably the most genuinely unexpected fight outcome in Omega so far. It'll definitely feel like bullshit if Rihito (who is actually acknowledged as a master of sorts by Gensai himself now) loses to Ryuki (is that who he's fighting next? can't remember). The only way I'll accept such an outcome is if Ryuki outright cheats in some way.

The out is that Saw Paing got absolutely hosed up and was going into the Rihito fight already heavily injured and tired.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
There doesnt have to be an out. In KA Cosmo was supposed to have grown into being much more savage and driven during the Akoya+Ohma fights. Then two years later he's back to losing as the nice guy who hesitates too much. Stuff just happens in this series.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

No Wave posted:

There doesnt have to be an out. In KA Cosmo was supposed to have grown into being much more savage and driven during the Akoya+Ohma fights. Then two years later he's back to losing as the nice guy who hesitates too much. Stuff just happens in this series.

Cosmo went for moves that would outright cripple Saw Paing for life without giving a gently caress and would have cleanly won if Saw Paing didn't pull out that insane Hammer of Burma reversal, which blindsided everyone, including the audience. Where the hell are you getting "Cosmo lost because he was nice guy who hesitated too much" from?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I made it up.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Fair enough! :v:

Funnily enough, Saw Paing lost off-screen to Mokichi Robinson out of all people, so I agree that trying to establish power ranking based on who lost to who is fool's errand.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Rihito Was always pointed out as being a top tier contender and talent based on his sheer physical abilities, him blocking the HAMMER OF BURMA with his fingers is not something he trained for, he can literally just do it. Rihito is Frieza after training now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kanos posted:

The out is that Saw Paing got absolutely hosed up and was going into the Rihito fight already heavily injured and tired.

Regardless of where he stands relative to Saw Paing (who is also pretty top tier now, having beaten post-time-skip Cosmo - they're both basically at the highest level aside from people like Gensai or Agito) it's hard to imagine any plausible way of Ryuki beating him. As much as I like Adam, he isn't exactly a top-tier fighter, and Ryuki still had to rely on bullshit to win against him.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Ruyki is going to murder Rihito :(

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Ytlaya posted:

Regardless of where he stands relative to Saw Paing (who is also pretty top tier now, having beaten post-time-skip Cosmo - they're both basically at the highest level aside from people like Gensai or Agito) it's hard to imagine any plausible way of Ryuki beating him. As much as I like Adam, he isn't exactly a top-tier fighter, and Ryuki still had to rely on bullshit to win against him.

We already know the hypothetical how. If Ryuki goes into the fight trying to literally murder Rihito from the jump, it could catch Rihito off guard. Ryuki literally just had his toxic "ah, I must be a true ruthless murderer" attitude confirmed with the Adam fight while Rihito just had a nice fair contest between fellow competitors and fighting-as-a-sport enthusiasts.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

thankfully we don't have to worry about how ryuki will beat lihito because koga will turn ryuki into dust first

LaSquida
Nov 1, 2012

Just keep on walkin'.
Someone hasn't improved their fundamentals.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Pff you’re just using the same moves as two years ago, aside from the completely additional style you’ve added on top.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So instead of having one one-trick pony style that doesn't really work on anyone who roughly knows how it works, he now has two one-trick pony styles that don't really work on anyone who roughly knows how they work. Gensai is shaking his head in disappointment and focusing on his beer.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Artelier posted:

thankfully we don't have to worry about how ryuki will beat lihito because koga will turn ryuki into dust first

i wish koga megamanned other fighting styles than the niko style because that could have some legs, i'm really liking him lately but don't care much for him using ohma's bullshit

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Prowling around with psychopaths and not training for matches seemed like such a winning move, I'm shocked it worked out like this.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Just keep hitting him until the insanity bleeds out of him Koga, I am sure the doctor is around somewhere to patch up any damage you inflict.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Plutonis posted:

i wish koga megamanned other fighting styles than the niko style because that could have some legs, i'm really liking him lately but don't care much for him using ohma's bullshit

The Niko Style deathgrip from his fight with the BJJ guy is still really loving stupid if you ask me. It would be cool if to counter Ryuki, Koga incorporated some Lucha from Jose or something else.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I like how everyone knows Gaoh is explicitly trying to kill his opponents but they refuse to do anything about it unless someone actually dies. Kengan rules at their finest.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how everyone knows Gaoh is explicitly trying to kill his opponents but they refuse to do anything about it unless someone actually dies. Kengan rules at their finest.

I mean, everyone is friends or connected with assassins, individuals or clans

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Kengan is really new at the whole "fighters should try to not murder each other during matches" thing, ok?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

A lot of the people who are skilled enough to realize that Ryuki has switched from "fight mode" to "murder mode" are also old Kengan hands who are used to death fights and also likely view the 1v1 as sacrosanct unless someone actually starts cheating outright.