Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I was eyerolling at Ohma's obvious boring win going in but this fight loving ruled, that last moment especially

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Artelier posted:

I also love the reaction shots of everyone watching the final moment of the fight. He's made the most friends, and they were rooting for him.

Especially his best friend, murdercop.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
New Ohma is a lot more fun to watch than the old one. That was a great fight all around

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

RIP Cos, thought of arms and died.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Last chapter
Imai: "All going in accordance with my plan!"

This chapter
Narrator: "It did not, in fact, go in accordance with his plan."

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like that the ultimate water technique is just "if you can't strangle them with your limbs, use theirs instead"

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
Yeah I think I would call that an idea, not a technique

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

JosephWongKS posted:

Last chapter
Imai: "All going in accordance with my plan!"

This chapter
Narrator: "It did not, in fact, go in accordance with his plan."

The problem with relying on being able to predict all of your opponent's moves is when they do something you didn't predict.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't really like ohma that much compared to the other fighters. the others reach an epiphany, analyze their opponent, enact a plan, try a new move they came up with, etc. ohma just pulls out another move niko taught him.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kanos posted:

The problem with relying on being able to predict all of your opponent's moves is when they do something you didn't predict.

ohma has learned the art of Yomi

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I'd be down for that. Cosmo has been pretty cool so far

I am having a hard time seeing Ohma lose at this point. His limiter is now gone and he seems fairly serene. Classic shonen protag is about to school someone pose

I'm guessing Cosmo learns that prediction technique with him getting off zone as a cliff hanger. Then it cuts to showing what the Niko secret technique is and how Ohma is fine

I was pretty close with my guess. Though it was an ultimate technique and not the secret technique womp wom

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i don't really like ohma that much compared to the other fighters. the others reach an epiphany, analyze their opponent, enact a plan, try a new move they came up with, etc. ohma just pulls out another move niko taught him.

Ohma is only capable of doing this stuff now because he reached an epiphany, he just had the good sense to do it before somebody was killing him in real time.

Ohma digging deep and focusing on his martial arts training to win matches instead of going berserker super mode at the drop of a hat is just as much of a development as Cosmo beating Akoya because he decided to start fighting dirty because he didn't want to die.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its cool that despite getting his memory back and using the entire niko school he still had a pretty hard time

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The next part of the manga/new arc(no spoilers) will launch January 17th. The anime is also getting its premeire on the 27th.

If we're not caught up by then we should be really close.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh poo poo 3 chapters in a row

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

That's a quick face graft on Waka...

e: lmfao

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

those omakes are probably the best chapters in the entire series

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

P chill that Julius is now mixing with the other fighters

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Plutonis posted:

P chill that Julius is now mixing with the other fighters

Julius was only working for Toyo in order to maximize his muscle growth potential. Now betrayed he has no animosity towards the others.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like I've learned a lot about Japan today, thanks Kengan Asura!

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

They can’t show that Muteba is considered to have a low chance of winning and still have him lose right?

Right?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad the Niko style has joke techniques as well now.

BONE BINDING *Bends pinky finger*

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

El Burbo posted:

They can’t show that Muteba is considered to have a low chance of winning and still have him lose right?

Right?!

Muteba is going to lose because he is not Japanese.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

:negative:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Muteba is going to win because the CEO girl needs to be a millionaire

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

AtomikKrab posted:

But Muteba wasn't at the Foreign Fighters Meeting, which implies that he's considered to be Japanese.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

RareAcumen posted:

I'm glad the Niko style has joke techniques as well now.

BONE BINDING *Bends pinky finger*

All the Niko Style Ultimate Techniques seem to be about providing an alternative solution when you are crippled in one way or another.

Water Kata Ultimate Technique - Are your arms too mangled to strangle your opponent? Use your opponent's own arms to strangle him!

Adamantine Kata Ultimate Technique - Are your bones and joints fractured or dislocated? Move them with your muscles!

Looking forward to seeing the Flame Kata and Redirection Kata Ultimate Techniques too. :allears:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

All the Niko Style Ultimate Techniques seem to be about providing an alternative solution when you are crippled in one way or another.

Water Kata Ultimate Technique - Are your arms too mangled to strangle your opponent? Use your opponent's own arms to strangle him!

Adamantine Kata Ultimate Technique - Are your bones and joints fractured or dislocated? Move them with your muscles!

Looking forward to seeing the Flame Kata and Redirection Kata Ultimate Techniques too. :allears:

Well, when you put it that way it's like this martial arts style was built for cancer patients or something.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

JosephWongKS posted:

Flame Kata Ultimate Technique - Are you too cold? Bearhug your opponent and warm up!

Redirection Kata Ultimate Technique - Are you taking too many hits? Blame a bystander so your opponent redirects their attacks!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

AtomikKrab posted:

Julius was only working for Toyo in order to maximize his muscle growth potential. Now betrayed he has no animosity towards the others.

It also implies that these guys continue to hang out together after this tournament ends. Wonder who hires Julius after the tournament?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
God Julius really shines in omakes. Well, everyone does.

I love these dorky men.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

AtomikKrab posted:

I mean that didn't pan for his first round opponent and the winner here is just gonna job for Ohma anyway. He has a shot!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also the only fighter to hold an actual grudge instead of a desire for a rematch is probably Sawada against Julius, given how Julius was complicit in the blackmail of his employer.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

JosephWongKS posted:

But Muteba wasn't at the Foreign Fighters Meeting, which implies that he's considered to be Japanese.

they said they'd invite those who couldn't make it next time

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Zerilan posted:

It also implies that these guys continue to hang out together after this tournament ends. Wonder who hires Julius after the tournament?

we already know the answer for that. he's joined silverman's gym as a promoter

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Also love that Saw's feet are poking out cause Jul takes up too much space.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Wait a loving second Adam was sitting next to Jul in the second page!!!

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
The omakes were very powerful although they sullied my boy Imaicosmo's innocence.

Also Ryo, you deserve the poo poo you're getting, you lost to Kengan Ashura's Krillin, for gently caress's sake.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Also the only fighter to hold an actual grudge instead of a desire for a rematch is probably Sawada against Julius, given how Julius was complicit in the blackmail of his employer.

Sawada is just tsundere.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.

JosephWongKS posted:

I forget, did the series explain what each of the 4 styles are? I think the water one is grappling and holds, but otherwise I don't really know.