Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Stairmaster posted:

But which man will kiss him???

setsuna, duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Stairmaster posted:

But which man will kiss him???

That's why they gotta have another tournament in the sequel!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
He seems pretty dead to me.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

He's saying that Kazzy is the Main character

ok yeah id be fine with that

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Brought To You By posted:

He seems pretty dead to me.

i mean he has a grave and poo poo but yeah i guess this thing that could be easily interpreted as metaphorical means he's alive

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Im hyped for the sequel

And also that it seems to be doing the open ended Baki thing so we may get 20 years of it

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
I thought it was super refreshing (and super sad :( ) that he died. Especially with all the bullshit near death experience some of the other fighters had.

I reckon he comes back as a ghost and we see more flash backs of Ohma, similar to how we never got Niko but we got to know him. Of course, Setsuna will be the new protag.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, now on top of hungrily waiting for more info on the sequel, I'm super sad that all of the manga I like aren't blessed enough to get someone this passionate about translating them.

And also already be finished.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Suspicious Lump posted:

I thought it was super refreshing (and super sad :( ) that he died. Especially with all the bullshit near death experience some of the other fighters had.

I reckon he comes back as a ghost and we see more flash backs of Ohma, similar to how we never got Niko but we got to know him. Of course, Setsuna will be the new protag.

When you really think about it the doctor fighter was the real hero of the tourny. He saved like 3 fighters from dying, and probably extended Ohma's life quite a bit as well. Granted he also tried to kill another so I guess it balances out.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
I'm fine with Kazzy slowly growing a stable of fighters over the next 20 years, each new season him picking up a new one and nurturing them until they're completely loyal. Eventually he becomes Chairman just because nobody can put up any fighters that remotely compare to his, and he becames Kengan Dad

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
checked the thread at 9am sharp this morning because this manga has spoiled me

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I want Kazzy to hire Setsuna.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
So Adam can still probably win the tournament retroactively in the sequel right?

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
To pass the time until the sequel comes out, what other series is Hokuto no Gun translating that's worth reading?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Otokojuku

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Literally all of them.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

K. Flaps posted:

Literally all of them.

This, but also the Case Records of Professor Munakata and Yokai Hunter are great, monthly releases.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
it seems mean for a young guy like Ohma to be senselessly dead. I wouldn't mind either way, his death wasn't so affecting that I would feel ripped off if he came back (unlike the source material of Ohma's death picture).

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

If Ohma is in the sequel series I feel like it's going end up being someone just actually using his name for some reason, probably to lure out the bad dudes at the end.

Maybe it'll go even further and there will be a bunch of Ohmas running around like Niko.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

No Wave posted:

it seems mean for a young guy like Ohma to be senselessly dead. I wouldn't mind either way, his death wasn't so affecting that I would feel ripped off if he came back (unlike the source material of Ohma's death picture).

OTOH, he fought his way out of Mad Max Chaos City, forged a personal moral code, and died(?) satisfied that he had lived up to it while giving 100% effort in pursuit of his goals. Doubt many kids from the 'inside' could say that, which is why I kinda hope the sequel includes the Kengan Association All-Stars fighting to bring the whole rotten thing down.

EDIT: no murdercop is not an all-star gently caress that guy forever

Mary Annette fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Jan 10, 2019

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Any fighter whose CEO was associated with the coup is potentially now a free agent.

We could have any and all of Julius, Adam, Haruo and Nikaido Ren in Kazzy’s stable. Haruo could actually make for a great protagonist given that there is a growth arc ahead of him.

Edit: Kaneda too, given that he took someone else’s spot and also has sigificant room to improve.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The sequel series is actually a Football Manager like game where you play as Kaz.

Fantastic Flyer
Aug 9, 2017
A Kengan Asura dating sim, where you play a CEO trying to woo a strong fighter into your employ

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Fantastic Flyer posted:

A Kengan Asura dating sim, where you play a CEO trying to woo a strong fighter into your employ
This would be loving amazing. Holy sheeeet.

Trying to workout all the kinks of each fighter to seduce them into fighting for you, actively working to cutoff other CEOs from acquiring fighters and using other CEOs as pawns.

gently caress this game would be awesome.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
How did the 5nby bet even work

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

tweet my meat posted:

So Adam can still probably win the tournament retroactively in the sequel right?

Adam has already won our hearts, which is the most important prize.

Uncle Khasim posted:

Any fighter whose CEO was associated with the coup is potentially now a free agent.

We could have any and all of Julius, Adam, Haruo and Nikaido Ren in Kazzy’s stable. Haruo could actually make for a great protagonist given that there is a growth arc ahead of him.

Edit: Kaneda too, given that he took someone else’s spot and also has sigificant room to improve.

Adam's already working for Cosmo's employer Nishihonji Security Services.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i saw a good theory that the cloaked guy at the table with the other two dudes was hassad.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Stairmaster posted:

i saw a good theory that the cloaked guy at the table with the other two dudes was hassad.

I suppose it could but it would feel weird. Hassad was doing his own thing and when and how would he be trained by a niko?

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Why exactly did Hassad qualify for a prequel chapter? I could see him being important

Mimir
Nov 26, 2012
A game! Which looks terrible!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9D2OSzNuHgM

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Mindblast posted:

I suppose it could but it would feel weird. Hassad was doing his own thing and when and how would he be trained by a niko?

Hassad could have met Niko or a Niko during his travels.

Also we don't know what happened to the guy who trained all the Nikos, he just vanished so there's another possibility for someone who could train Hassad.

tweet my meat posted:

Why exactly did Hassad qualify for a prequel chapter? I could see him being important

He is popular, that was the whole reason he came back and chilled with Medicine Man after being knocked off the boat.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Of course Kengan Asura, a well written and well illustrated battle series gets a mobile game that for 2 seconds looks like something mDickie would have made.

That Guy Bob
Apr 30, 2009
mDickie games are good though? I'd play a Kengan Ashura game made by mDickie.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Mindblast posted:

in the prequel chapter he masters a japanese martial art just by reading a book so a mentor isn't strongly required.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

in the prequel chapter he masters a japanese martial art just by reading a book so a mentor isn't strongly required.

"Mastered" it so hard he got jobbed before the tournament, love my Arabian prince failson

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

He was literally jobbing considering the next time he fought that guy he was moving so fast that the dude and two other bodyguards couldn't keep up with his movements.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

got his rear end kicked and finally started putting effort into his training after living as a hobo for a few weeks, good character development imo

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the bodyguard he fought was wounded from getting neck twisted by Setsuna earlier right?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

the two guys standing next to him weren't and wounded guy still thought he could take hassad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

im sorry everyone hassad is part of the illuminati and going to be a sick boss fight in kengan asura 2: ohmas millions