Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I am not surprised by the outcome. But I am pleased with it greatly. And it seems like this alley gets a lot of traffic, those cracks in the wall look very familiar.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
Koga being just some random punk that Ohma casually destroyed one day, rather than being "tied to him by fate" or whatever was not what I was expecting, but also makes perfect sense.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yep, the outcome was not hard to predict. I am also pleased to see that the Kengan Asura trend where most of the fighters are actually pretty cool people when outside of match continues.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i hope koga does improve enough to get the chance to be a fighter and not job immediately

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jose posted:

i hope koga does improve enough to get the chance to be a fighter and not job immediately

He has to learn to be less of a lovely person first.

It's a good thing he came to Kazzy for advice, he's an expert in that!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

getting chumped by a fighter he's about to see lose that might calm him down a bit

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

It seems Koga hasn’t even learned the rules of the Kengan world. He spent this entire chapter flashbacking, while his opponent didn’t even flashback once! What an noob.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

This wall

Is this wall

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Good lord the loving art progression.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

well the very first chapter was likely without assistants

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I like the new protagonist guy. Wonder what's up with his eyes; seriously doubt he's related to Yamashitakazuo, but it seems like a similar sort of thing.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Seeing the Yamashita eyes in the hands of an actual fighter would be cool.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

RatHat posted:

yikes

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

I thought the new guy would be some random rear end in a top hat jobber but we're already seeing some depth to him. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, though.

RatHat posted:

Yasuo :getin:

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

I like the new protagonist guy. Wonder what's up with his eyes; seriously doubt he's related to Yamashitakazuo, but it seems like a similar sort of thing.
It's a bit odd because he already knew a kick was coming since his opponent put some distance between them. He still didn't see the stinger so I read the slash down the middle as him feeling the attack comong.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Here we go!!!!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/546402/1

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

So I guess "It's Ohma!!!" is gonna be a running thing now.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Plutonis posted:

So I guess "It's Ohma!!!" is gonna be a running thing now.

I like it, it makes it seem like Ohma had a big impact after his performance.

I wonder if the Grandpa is the big dick Niko Style dude.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i like how gensai is in every panel but nobody acknowledges him or knows who he is

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Dias posted:

That's my guess, and Ohma could be another child/grandchild of his since he likely banged a good deal of women while trying to conquer the Inside

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds

AtomikKrab posted:

conquer the Inside

:grin:

Osci
Oct 11, 2016
I spy two familiar faces

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Osci posted:

I spy two familiar faces

Please tell me that Kaneda and Himura are going to start coaching Koga on how to fight better.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I just hope they're finally dating

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Gaoh isn't even wearing shorts, how can anyone mistake him for Ohma?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I love how Kazuo has grown to be casually badass. 50 million yen? ok, no problem.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, we're already dealing with battle damage.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dias posted:

If people are already reacting like that to a reappearance of "Ohma", they are all gonna fall down frothing at the mouth when Gensai turns up again.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Has it been mentioned that Daromen works on a fighting game in his spare time? If not this is some surreal stuff.

The story is that each character represents a member of a family that is arguing among themselves. There is also a pet gorilla that is not Harambe.
There's a playable demo from 2016 that has two characters available. I haven't gotten it working on my rig as it's not playing nice with wine, but there are a few videos of the gameplay. According to an interview Daromen plans to make the game available for free whenever it's finished and this looks like it would be a nice little pocket fighter. Certainly has some unique animations and attacks you don't see anywhere else except maybe a Mugen fighter.
Movelist video for the "head" of the houshold and !Harambe. Also has a working download link for the game
Video on Daromen's youtube channel showing off a third playable character. The pillar of heads
Tournament footage from AGEVO in 2016

I've also seen some videos posted sporadically on his twitter with these characters so he's still working on it to this day. Most recently it seems he's made a beat-em-up using the older sister character.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
That head, hooly poo poo that's creepy. Thanks for sharing that's awesome.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
This is some Cho Aniki level of craziness.

alkanphel
Mar 24, 2004

Wow I saw those gameplay vids a long time ago but I never knew it was done by the Kengan Ashura guy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://mangadex.org/chapter/550613/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/550615/1

sharing bath water is gross

so they boht lived in america for a long time

Jose fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 28, 2019

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

sharing bath water is gross

Agreed. Koga's absolutely gonna find Agito and train with him.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Bazinga

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
Wait a minute, did volume 1 of the sequel come out before the final volume of the original was released?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I wonder if Koga is just gonna pick up all his special moves from other fighters.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mraagvpeine posted:

Wait a minute, did volume 1 of the sequel come out before the final volume of the original was released?

I believe that Volume 1 of Omega came out before all the chapters had even been released in the magazine as a special promotion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
It's actually pretty cool that both the writer and the editor have martial arts experience and they rehearse the fights live for Daromeon.