Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Whatever it is, I'm sure Adam Dudley can fix it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
I love how Omega is emphasizing that even the relatively low tier fighters from the tournament are still total badasses compared to normal people and Koga.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Magissima posted:

I love how Omega is emphasizing that even the relatively low tier fighters from the tournament are still total badasses compared to normal people and Koga.

I mean Wakatsuki is a freak of nature, but Adam can knock out someone with a punch delivered while laying on the ground or standing on ice and his mental image versus Ohma couldn't be thrown around with redirection either. Dude has a solid base and now that he's had 2 years to learn more martial arts and shore up his lack of knowledge on grappling I can seriously see him being a bigger contender than before.

In fact, he's probably going to be teaching Koga how to put more force into attacks while standing on uneven surfaces which will go well with Gaoh's footwork lesson. Hence why he asked Koga if he knew how to skate, that's Adam's domain.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
OR they're gonna do some sick inline skating

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
A remake of Yuri on Ice but it's Koga and Adam.

Turns out all the f-words were just misdirection.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Magissima posted:

Hell, they're still badasses compared to your run-of-the-mill Kengan fighters.

Among the 5 people who made it out of the elimination matches, only 1 made it past their first round (Ohma), and even then the other 4 (Hassad never actually made it to the tournament but whatever) managed to get through the tournament without too much issue despite going up against promising/well-known fighters.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dias posted:

A remake of Yuri on Ice but it's Koga and Adam.

Turns out all the f-words were just misdirection.

adam doesn't know the japanese word for homosexual and was looking for a life partner this whole time

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/614484

New Omega

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
I found a leaked picture that depict Koga's future special move

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D6sNkBRWkAAyUwc.jpg

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

adam and cosmo are 100% banging

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Diggin how Koga is willing to learn anything from anyone while Ryuki is pretty shut off and single minded. That's gonna bite him in the rear end in the future

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

where the red fern gropes posted:

adam and cosmo are 100% banging

Adam isn't actually homophobic he just thinks being gay makes you more powerful and is trying to compliment Koga

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

yum posted:

Diggin how Koga is willing to learn anything from anyone while Ryuki is pretty shut off and single minded. That's gonna bite him in the rear end in the future

Koga has been getting owned in fights constantly though

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Apply enough heat and pressure to a stone and it'll become a diamond

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

All this Mr. Miyagi poo poo is very entertaining.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Magissima posted:

Adam isn't actually homophobic he just thinks being gay makes you more powerful and is trying to compliment Koga

This is a world where a fighter's strength is measured by how many friends he has. It must surely follow that having an actual boyfriend makes a fighter even more powerful.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Magissima posted:

he's right

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

gay people can use the f word

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Jose posted:

Koga has been getting owned in fights constantly though

For now!!!

Just wait till they have a skate off to decide the finals my boy Kogas got this

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

I know just for now but it's why he's willing to listen to everyone. Meanwhile ryuki has already won a kengan match

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can someone remind me who Imai's and Adam's master is?

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Some dude who's better at grappling than Cosmo, but never participated in Kengan because he doesn't want to fight for someone else.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Can someone remind me who Imai's and Adam's master is?

Kureishi Mitsuyo

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Thanks d00d

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Apparently he’s a main character in the author’s other series, Fist of the Seeker. The art is real bad, like even compared to OPM or Mob Psycho

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

Apparently he’s a main character in the author’s other series, Fist of the Seeker. The art is real bad, like even compared to OPM or Mob Psycho
It can't be THAT bad, OPM was fairly lovely at the start...
https://mangadex.org/chapter/452505/1
:stare:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
New Kengan!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/621602

It's neat to see how Adam has come, and it's nice to see that he can now do what the fisherman could also do.

Also good to see Koga get over his mental hangups.

EDIT:

At first I thought Adam was punching so hard that the wind pressure from his punch was hitting a punching bag attached to the ceiling.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I for one am enjoying History's Strongest Disciple Koga.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

so the Kengan match the Purgatory guys are attending tonight is gonna end up with someone getting chumped the gently caress out, right?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It's going to be ryukis match which will have some plot significance

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

New Kengan!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/621602

It's neat to see how Adam has come, and it's nice to see that he can now do what the fisherman could also do.

Also good to see Koga get over his mental hangups.

EDIT:

At first I thought Adam was punching so hard that the wind pressure from his punch was hitting a punching bag attached to the ceiling.

Koga's a good boy at heart :allears:

Can't wait for him to get all punchmanny now that he's fixed his worst flaws.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Jose posted:

It's going to be ryukis match which will have some plot significance

Somone in purgatory is gonna mistake him for ohma like everyone else

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I really like how we were all hyothesizing that his weaknesses were like, "You aren't striking with KILLING INTENT", but no, it's "Your footwork is loose and you're tensing up too much".

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

verbal enema posted:

Somone in purgatory Kiryu Setsuna is gonna mistake him for ohma like everyone else

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Agito's favorite food it Katsudon....

Katahara Metsudo...

Katsudo...

Katsudon???

Or it could just be the katsu = victory thing. Or maybe it's just a coincidence. Either way, that's neat.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's already happening!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/627254/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVOL3tMDzEs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

The fact that Gaoh's style has been seen through by two kengan fighters but Jose wasn't able to predict/react to it, admittedly because he was midair at the time, can't just be because people from the "inside" fight in the kengan circuit. I'd imagine you'll find "insiders" in Purgatory as well. It could be that after Ohma fought in the annihilation tournament, companies looked into the Niko style and since there aren't any currently known successors to the public research led to the Gaoh style which is one of the bases for Niko and everyone started drilling in it to avoid losing out to it in the future.

Biggest problem with that theory is that it's not just the old heads that worked in countering it, the new blood also know how to deal with Gaoh's style although it's not universal as Kokuro didn't have an answer for the Earth Dragon.