Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

I feel like Kengan Omega has by now succeeded in fully undermining the surprising amount of gravitas built up slowly over the duration of Kengan Ashura and it is a significantly worse manga for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New Danberu is channeling as much Kengan as it possibly can.

The difference in art aside, this is the closest we'll be getting to a women's division.

Pewdiepie posted:

I feel like Kengan Omega has by now succeeded in fully undermining the surprising amount of gravitas built up slowly over the duration of Kengan Ashura and it is a significantly worse manga for it.
I'm more or less in agreement. Death should never be cheap nor faked out like this but here we are with convenient hearts showing up.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
No chapter this week?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pewdiepie posted:

I'm enjoying Kengan Omega and it'll be cool to see Chill Ohma interact with people(which he didn't really get to, given that he died almost immediately after becoming Chill Ohma in KA), but I thought the ending to KA was basically perfect and the recent plot developments have undermined that ending pretty badly, yeah.

whoa tie
Oct 1, 2007
stupid nub picture goes here
https://mangadex.org/chapter/833751

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm guessing Ryuki is the original and Ohma was a clone from the start.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

RatHat posted:

I'm guessing Ryuki is the original and Ohma was a clone from the start.

Ohma is 7 years older than Ryuki though

I think Ryuki is a clone that his grandfather adopted and trained after busting up a Worm facility. Maybe he ended up destroying all the other test tubes babies but couldn’t bring himself to murder a toddler Ryuki

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
Guessing that Ohma is a clone of Gaoh and Ryuki is just a biological grandson, which would explain why they look alike but are not identical.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Andrew Lime posted:

Guessing that Ohma is a clone of Gaoh and Ryuki is just a biological grandson, which would explain why they look alike but are not identical.

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. It would also explain why Ohma is so good at the techniques Goah invented. If Ryuki knows all this it would explain why he hate the Worm so much.

Not sure why you wouldn't clone someone like Takeshi or Bando instead whose strength is mostly from genetics though. Maybe they're too recent, it seems like the Gaoh cloning has been going on for quite a while.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 20, 2020

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
I think the sooner the Kengan Association can get Ryuki and Ohma to meet the better things will look for them. I can't remember if anyone worm related knows about Ryuki rn

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

verbal enema posted:

I think the sooner the Kengan Association can get Ryuki and Ohma to meet the better things will look for them. I can't remember if anyone worm related knows about Ryuki rn

Worm dudes have been tailing Ryuki for a while now so they definitely know about him

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

RatHat posted:

Yeah this makes a lot of sense. It would also explain why Ohma is so good at the techniques Goah invented. If Ryuki knows all this it would explain why he hate the Worm so much.

Not sure why you wouldn't clone someone like Takeshi or Bando instead whose strength is mostly from genetics though. Maybe they're too recent, it seems like the Gaoh cloning has been going on for quite a while.

If I remember correctly, Ohma is considered one of the vessels for something. So it makes sense with this in mind, also It has something to do with Niko.

There's some weird rituals in Kengan universe so I wouldn't be surprised if Niko, Ohma, cloning and the Niko style are all part of some ritual.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
They're such a nice couple

https://mangadex.org/chapter/839554/1

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Ohma is NTR-ing Koga out of the protagonist's seat. :allears:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

You cant do this Ohma...

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Saw this coming from the moment Ohma showed back up, boyfriends unite and whoop his rear end.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
just realized that ryuki got glasses that look just like yamashita's

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Really happy ohma is finally meeting up with ryuki and koga, his big return was kinda wearing out its welcome. I really hope ohma stays in more of a supporting role for most of the rest of the story.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Can't wait for Koga and Ryuki to rebury Ohma.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Found this on the Reddit thread.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The nurse lady with the cool hair from the prequel chapter about hanafusa makes an appearance too.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Saint Goddamn's Hospital

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Found this on the Reddit thread.

Anyone who can hold their own in training with The Beard has got to be tough.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
The Kure Clan are a pretty chill family of killers for hire.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Dudes were so polite... when did they become 'mad' monks...

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

it's an ironic nickname

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Hypocrisy posted:

Can't wait for Koga and Ryuki to rebury Ohma.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

It's a bit of misinterpretation. They aren't really mad at you, just... disappointed.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
https://mangadex.org/chapter/846781/1

New chapter, don't much like it but at least Julius is here.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I actually think its quite interesting, because with Koga not participating in the tournament, it's seems like it's setting up the pieces for a conflict past it, instead of it being basically the whole story the way it was in Kengan Ashura. And it also opens the possibility that it won't go that well for the Kengan side. That, or the author basically just went "phew, thanks for putting up with those two dolts till now, Ohma's back and he is main character again, now let's kick them out of the story and bring them up again in epilogue at the soonest. But that's pretty unlikely (I hope).

Also gotta love Raian. "Toodles Bitches!" as he falls backward from the 5th floor.:allears:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
It was always a bit implausible that Koga would compete because he very clearly isn't their level but depending on how long this is set over he could end up subbing in for someone

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Gaoh's last face pretty much is my feeling of it.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Do you think Raian jumped up there or scaled the building?

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
I kinda like this new "chill" Raian.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Not a fan of this development, but still more or less on board.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
This makes me wonder if the story is just gonna go in a whole different direction, considering that if we follow the Kengan Krew throughout the entire tournament it'll be extra rehash city with Ohma present while Ryuki and Koga are out.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

Jose posted:

It was always a bit implausible that Koga would compete because he very clearly isn't their level but depending on how long this is set over he could end up subbing in for someone

Yeah, this makes a lot of sense considering the general feel of the Kengan series. A big part of KA was that there's a limit to how much someone can just rapidly evolve and that it's not substitute for years of training and experience, with Gensai being like the living incarnation of that. Ohma kind of sidestepped it a bunch by having his weakness be amnesia more than inexperience based, but if he had the level of knowledge about the Niko style/advance at the start of the tournament as he developed through the finals poo poo probably ends a lot differently.

KO is pretty focused on the long-term growth of Koga, who at the start of the series is probably weaker than literally anyone we saw fight in KA.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I guess this means Muteba declined the request... or the favour was for something else, maybe investigating the worm/Purgatory?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

OnimaruXLR posted:

This makes me wonder if the story is just gonna go in a whole different direction, considering that if we follow the Kengan Krew throughout the entire tournament it'll be extra rehash city with Ohma present while Ryuki and Koga are out.

No way this is going to go like the tournament in previous manga, the Worms have had such a spotlight in this series something real bad is gonna happen both inside Kengan vs Purgatory tourney and outside of it that will give Ryuki/Koga and other characters their time to shine.