Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
It's kind of funny to me that Julius's entire gimmick was being a giant man-mountain juiced up on every possible piece of human science to make himself bigger and stronger and Purgatory just happens to have a guy who is even bigger and more muscly completely naturally I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
I think it's a testament to how unpredictable the series is that I'm even worried about it. If this exact situation happened to Biscuit Oliva I would be 100% sure he'd win with pure power somehow.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

my parents boyfriend posted:

I think it's a testament to how unpredictable the series is that I'm even worried about it. If this exact situation happened to Biscuit Oliva I would be 100% sure he'd win with pure power somehow.

To be fair what Oliva did to the pocket guy in the Raitai Tournament ruled.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
julius owns

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1010163/6

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Muscle magic is about to begin. It looks like he's growing scales or something, gently caress.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

also that was 100% the Blast Core lol

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Plutonis posted:

can't believe julius would just lie about techniques like that

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

I would be horrified if that wasn't just Julius punching really hard.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Toa wasted his flashback gloating

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Toa wasted his flashback gloating

Toa made a callback to Raoh, he's destined to lose now. On top of him joining the likes of Koizan and Raian who are figures that disrespect their lineage in favor of propping themselves up. Julius has this in the bag

Plutonis posted:

Clearly it's the Hochofen Kern technique and the two are nothing alike.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Plutonis posted:

I hope he stubbornly insists it's something completely different he invented after reading some books on physics.

Andrew Lime
Oct 9, 2012
I think he just punched really hard, but even if it is a blast core-like, is that really a technique?

It's just punching super hard.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh poo poo Julius can use Haki

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Andrew Lime posted:

I think he just punched really hard, but even if it is a blast core-like, is that really a technique?

It's just punching super hard.

well it looks like he moved his fists into position and then did whatever he did which is a lot more blast core-esque

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Julius just figured out where you can't twist your body to minimize damage with his indepth knowledge of human anatomy. Incidentally, this is NOT a technique.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Julius played MegaMan and questioned the idea of needing a gun to charge and fire at enemies.

Why not simply charge energy into your body and pun- *lightbulb turns on over his head*

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Julius is just using tactics, totally not a technique.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

It would be bomb if it was Julius just calculating the exact point that Mudo can't twist away the damage and punching.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

AtomikKrab posted:

It would be bomb if it was Julius just calculating the exact point that Mudo can't twist away the damage and punching.

I see that, he got a flash and chose that exact moment to attack. But this is starting to sound suspiciously like a technique

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
He read Kengan Asura and saw the Tactics chapter of Gaolang vs Fang

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Meme Emulator posted:

I see that, he got a flash and chose that exact moment to attack. But this is starting to sound suspiciously like a technique

Does strategically flexing count as technique? Because he pulled that kind of stuff against Sawada so I don't think it counts against his philosophy. Heck, I don't even think him hypothetically copying blast core counts as using a technique since Blast core itself is just contracting and explosively expanding muscles. Now if he applied torque as per a karate punch that'd be a technique and Julius would die a hypocrite.

Meme Emulator
Oct 4, 2000

Im gonna say countering isnt a technique, youre just applying your overwhelming force at an opportune moment. Its the opponents fault for leaving an opening in front of the Hulk

Edit: That being said, sitting around and doing NOTHING until your opportune moment comes certainly sounds like a technique, and Julius was just getting beat to hell until he attacked.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the question is whether blast core really counts as a technique when, assuming thats what julius did, its only possible because of his insane muscle power. he's just using his muscles after all and technically a punch is a technique

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Julius would never do a "technique", those are for the weak that try to surpass the strong.

He just knows how to throw a punch :colbert:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lotta people conflating strategy with technique itt.

Of course you have to be punching in a way to injure whoever you're fighting, you can't win a fight by punching in entirely the wrong direction the entire match.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the fact is, he wasn't punching hard enough before, and now he's punching hard enough

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Throwing a punch is a technique

Julius is a big phony

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Julius is merely forbidden from using the TECH button to open the menu, nothing ever said he couldn't hack the FIGHT command to do it for him.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat

Fartbox posted:

Throwing a punch is a technique

Julius is a big phony

I agree, the only move that truly involves no technique is crushing your opponent in a bear hug

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Julius just has a passive that lets him keep punching harder as long as he doesnt get KOed

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Julius is gonna pull a Kenpachi and unleash the ultimate secret technique of punching with two hands.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Ah, the ultimate technique from Tough.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1020098

good palm technique at the end

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The art is so loving good