Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

next purgatory gimmick: the two CEOs have to fight each other

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

next purgatory gimmick: the two CEOs have to fight each other

Toyoda punched through a slab of Meat. Nogi stands no chance but he can probably finagle a substitution so that Kazzy can pull out the W.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Wait, wha?

drat I need to reread this series if I forgot info like that.

Yeah it's when Monke punches Koga in the liver. The beard & trenchcoat guy (wait, there's their Kuroki!) mentions Nicolas lost to Jose.
Nicolas then wonders if Kengan is better than Purgatory, as there he'd be able to kill as he pleases.

Nicolas is totally going to fight Akoya, isn't he?

Char fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Oct 20, 2020

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Akoya gets picked, they make it a deathmatch since they know they can't control him and Nicolas volunteers.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Char posted:

Yeah it's when Monke punches Koga in the liver. The beard & trenchcoat guy (wait, there's their Kuroki!) mentions Nicolas lost to Jose.
Nicolas then wonders if Kengan is better than Purgatory, as there he'd be able to kill as he pleases.

Nicolas is totally going to fight Akoya, isn't he?

Can't believe I remember Jose's 0-2 record against Yuga but not his victory over Nicholas.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Wondering if Ryuki might either lose or just barely win, for it to act as a spur to develop his combat abilities seeing as the Gaoh style isn't meant to be very good in this kind of fight.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think anyone including ryuki himself really knows how capable he is in a non-lethal official match.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
New chapter
Ryuki's gonna have a hard road ahead

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

New chapter
Ryuki's gonna have a hard road ahead

Everyone but Hikaru is a worm.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Honestly, the Worm is slowly beginning to win me over with how ridiculous their shenanigans are and how....gleeful every Worm member seems to be.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Worm be Multi-Track Just as planning.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so what are the odds nicholas le banner fights using savaté or will that be considered too close to mokichi?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

so what are the odds nicholas le banner fights using savaté or will that be considered too close to mokichi?

Subvert our expectations with Dutch Kickboxing

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

With today's reveal that the other guy from the end of ashura is fighting for purgatory will he fight ohma, which seems obvious and agito fights lolong donaire or the other way round since they both have a connection to the worm

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1321255930520956930

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJUmD3ZYS38

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

How is Julius not front and center what the gently caress

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
New chapter is off the hook

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i knew he was immature, but i didn't quite catch that ryuki is mentally a child before now.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Ryuki is gonna lose this one by killing that guy

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i knew he was immature, but i didn't quite catch that ryuki is mentally a child before now.

He pretty much grew up being trained as a martial arts weapon and his time with Koga is pretty much the first time he's interacted with human beings in a normal way, so it's not that surprising.

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sensei Koga, forgive me, but i'll have to go all out, just this once

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Link to the chapter.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

In ryukis defense the worm have been trying to kill him and all of his friends it's reasonable to so the same back

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
drat what a great chapter. I really enjoy this manga and after what Kuroki pulled, you never can tell!

GrudgeOnion
Oct 25, 2010
I've felt that Omega was in a slump, but this chapter has some of the old magic.

Char
Jan 5, 2013

GrudgeOnion posted:

I've felt that Omega was in a slump, but this chapter has some of the old magic.

Same. The blurred vision panel, Naidan who should be the bad guy here, being... well, less than the psycho I would've expected? Collected and less malicious than Gaoh?
Also, a Purgatory fighter that is being actually scary.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
I feel that this fight really accentuates how different the Gaou style is compared to the Niko style now that Ryuki is showing off more techniques. Even though they already explained that the Gaou style is an underhanded assassin type martial art, since Ryuki was basically just spamming 1 move repeatedly intermixed with Niko style katas, I didn't really feel he was that much different from Ohma. Now we're really getting to see the little tricks Ryuki does that separates him from Ohma's brawler type fights.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
yeah, like, what are even the stakes to this tournament? oh no, a different rich rear end in a top hat might take over the kengan association with his 'improved working conditions' nonsense. until just now none of the fighters have had much of riding on it; they just want to fight.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

yeah, like, what are even the stakes to this tournament? oh no, a different rich rear end in a top hat might take over the kengan association with his 'improved working conditions' nonsense. until just now none of the fighters have had much of riding on it; they just want to fight.

tbf that's more or less what the stakes were in the first tournament.

Char
Jan 5, 2013
But this is a survivor series match, not a tournament. No "guess who'll get to next round" here.

Anyway, I'm hype for the Chinese-attire guys. Liu looked pretty confident.

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I read an interesting theory that Le Banner could be another Worm infiltrator, on the basis that his loss to Jose makes him a pretty strange pick for Purgatory's top tier fighters against the Kengan characters that remain, and when it was mentioned to him he reacted nonchalantly, perhaps because he doesn't remember the defeat. I thought it was interesting even though I'm more of the idea that his loss could have just been due to a bad matchup or whatever in Kengan logic.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

The kengan association know the worm have infiltrated purgatory but purgatory seemingly do not. Considering everything we know about toyoda so far an interesting end would be the kengan association losing but toyoda purging purgatory.

I think that's unlikely though and we'll be shown toyoda is either fallible/an enemy insteaf

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

yum posted:

I feel that this fight really accentuates how different the Gaou style is compared to the Niko style now that Ryuki is showing off more techniques. Even though they already explained that the Gaou style is an underhanded assassin type martial art, since Ryuki was basically just spamming 1 move repeatedly intermixed with Niko style katas, I didn't really feel he was that much different from Ohma. Now we're really getting to see the little tricks Ryuki does that separates him from Ohma's brawler type fights.
Gaou style is for the guy who doesn't want to be bothered in a dangerous place, Niko style is for people who want to DO something with it in a dangerous place.

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.

Fabricated posted:

Gaou style is for the guy who doesn't want to be bothered in a dangerous place, Niko style is for people who want to DO something with it in a dangerous place.

It's kinda weird that Ryuki's grampa taught him a style that is apparently easily countered if you know the techniques and then told him to go kill people in an organization that is specifically keeping tabs on him

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

yum posted:

It's kinda weird that Ryuki's grampa taught him a style that is apparently easily countered if you know the techniques and then told him to go kill people in an organization that is specifically keeping tabs on him

I'm kind of assuming there are counters to the counters, etc, because frankly given what we know of Ryuki's Grandpa (if he is the same guy that created the niko army + if Ohma is his clone) Dude was a crazy badass.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

yum posted:

It's mostly weird because the Niko style was developed to overcome the issues with the Gaou style really just being a utilitarian style to get by. Gaou developed the Niko style and trained a bunch of people, presumably an entire generation.

So what's the timeline? Was it really only like 15-20 years ago? It felt like the Niko style had been kicking around a while with the various Nikos, including the one who trained Ohma, but Gaou was still alive to train a kid in an older style? Or did he develop Niko style after?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Maybe it's not the original gaou

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Why're we so sure we've been reading the real Kengan Omega this whole time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

It's going to be lit when agito fights aizen