Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back
The end of the chapter is very clearly alluding to Masaki being another Wu clone, but this whole arc has been dangling mysteries in front of us and then constantly faking out the audience. How many times has the Purgatory tournament already pulled "are they a Worm agent? are they using the Niko style? nope, even though they're super suspicious, it turns out they're some totally unrelated weirdo with totally unrelated suspicious secrets"? So foreshadowing and allusions aren't worth much anymore, because this arc's already thrown so many red herrings at us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

I won't be surprised at all if that turns out to be true, I suppose. It's just the kind of "GOTCHA!!! REVERSAL!!" that Sandrovich feels like he would throw us at this point. I had forgotten a few details from farther back in the plot that add more credibility to that theory as well.

There was supposed to be a Worm on the Kengan side that was never revealed, wasn't there?

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
I'm personally satisfied with how it ended, Ed was a raid boss, Wu Xing used the power of love and man who cloned a boy that killed his own father realizes that he may have hosed up.

It's a weekly dose of WWE to me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

older ketchup ninja will be a high-ranked worm executive

FAT BATMAN posted:

I forget, has Kengan Omega ever covered what Kazzy’s son is up to these days?

He will be the next character pumped up as a badass. He has worked with the doctor to use genetic engineering or some poo poo to make himself a super warrior

He will then get owned by...I dunno, Sekibayashi or something

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 2, 2022

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Well we know one thing

Xia Ji will live the whole rest of the series but get increasingly hosed up by people dunking on him

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i can't believe Xia Ji did the worm in order to escape

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao I'm betting that Xia Ji is going to turn out to be the head of the Worm and the one with the strongest Wu personality implant but doesn't display it because he is the Doppio to the Wu founder's Diavolo.

Kuros
Sep 13, 2010

Oh look, the consequences of my prior actions are finally catching up to me.

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Oh right I forgot that Asura is legally available.

Guess I can just buy the chapters.

What's the pricing on Comikey?

Asura and Omega are available on Mangahere.

Mary Annette
Jun 24, 2005

I am willing to forgive a LOT in exchange for some meaningful comeuppance for Murdercop.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

FAT BATMAN posted:

I forget, has Kengan Omega ever covered what Kazzy’s son is up to these days?

yeah it came up when kazzy decided to get DNA testing done on ohma's hair. His son noticed it and explained he'd talked done some work for the worm who just up and vanished one day. Same as Bando had been too before he murdered all the yakuza. its why he wanted to talk to bando after the KA tournament

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.
They stole Xia Ji's shoes

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

they took turns wearing them and made him watch

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that sounds like a really specific fetish

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Did Sandrovich forget that Masaki killed his dad and 4 other students before Toyo did the surgery?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/UwcHR5o/1/1/
Hayami is a genius.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

That was an absolutely phenomenal chapter.

Brought To You By posted:

Did Sandrovich forget that Masaki killed his dad and 4 other students before Toyo did the surgery?

No, he did not, but Toyo certainly did!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's a pretty great un-twist: how is this new Masaki different? Oh he isn't, actually :allears:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
how are these villains so STUPID?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

lmao it would be funny if Rino seduced Masaki or something and got him to do this so she could inherit the company. and how the gently caress did hayami forget that the serial killer which he adopted precisely due to his strength was a nutjob?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
if there's anything I've learned from this series is that all weapon users are jobbers

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

yum posted:

if there's anything I've learned from this series is that all weapon users are jobbers

I imagine Koi is probably used to being able to control an opponent and disable them by inflicting substantial amounts of pain, which our psychotic son here doesn't care about.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
I expect nothing less from Toyo "Just blow up the dome and cause an international incident" Hayami.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Authors’ brain went limp to disperse the impact of writing this chapter

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
The next chapter is gonna be the head of the worm doing a video broadcast to explain their evil plan, then tripping on their way to the podium and impaling themselves through the eye with their own mic.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
And as his body flops on the table, it will accidentally hit a button that triggers a bomb secretly implanted in every single Worm member, killing them all instantly. Xia Ji is the only one who survives, because it turns out he was never a proper Worm member, they just let him think he was, as a joke. He will become the final villain.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Oh yeah so does Hayami giving meguro Hui Sheng audiobooks actually make him the fifth Wu? Or is he a knockoff Wu?

EDIT: Wait, he was getting Hui Sheng to make him more like his crazed brother? And Hayami was surprised he turned out psycho????

Rabid Boar
Apr 16, 2020

Soon, all of you will feel my hate, and suffer as I have suffered!
Hayami is so loving stupid

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Not to be a conspiracy theorist but.... Do you think that the Worm might've replaced Sandrovich?

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

No Wave posted:

Oh yeah so does Hayami giving meguro Hui Sheng audiobooks actually make him the fifth Wu? Or is he a knockoff Wu?

EDIT: Wait, he was getting Hui Sheng to make him more like his crazed brother? And Hayami was surprised he turned out psycho????

Hayami is consistently a moron in KA, so him being a moron in Omega to the point of indirectly killing himself is really just par for the course.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

hmmmm owned

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
did daromeon forget that meguro killed a bunch of people, including his father, for no reason before meeting hayami

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this idiot thought that he had created the ultimate warrior based on ???. so naturally hayami's bodyguard, who is not the ultimate warrior, could easily subdue him. it's the perfect plan!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
also i don't know why having the ultimate warrior would even matter?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

its clearly part of his master plan that he will reveal in the upcoming chapters

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

If he had The Bestest Fighter Who Ever Lived, if there was another Kengan Annihilation Tournament at some point, he could win it and take over the Kengan Association.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

It made sense when he was vying for a renewed standing in the Kengan Association so having a fighter that's basically immune to pain and can keep his cool while having top combat skills would be a major asset. The whole instilling Masaki's ruthlessness via brainwashing is still dumb but Toyo is not known for his good plans.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
He needed the ultimate warrior for ~prestige~ since in this world having the strongest meathead in your roster is Super Important

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Hayami was stupid as gently caress the entire time he's been in kengan do this is just s fitting end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

He wanted to take over, and crush Metsudo