Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I like it his old look never did it for me. Plus it creates some contrast between his resting state and his crazy face.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Mar 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
Daro included this in the drafts

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

No Wave posted:

I like it his old look never did it for me. Plus it creates some contrast between his resting state and his crazy face.

I dig his stubble, really gives him a grizzled murder hobo look.

He's like the only named Kure tonhave facial hair I think.

Even among the Wus, there was only like Edward's brother who lasted a single chapter.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

No Wave posted:

Reminds me of Cid Highwind for some reason.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Holy poo poo Raian gone savage Kuma. loving awesome

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aODxjsyIIg

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

If Raian had screamed BANKAI!!! at any point during this chapter I wouldn't have even flinched given this panel

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Looks like Kengan is on break this week

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
So I've been re-reading Kengan Asura and one thing I'd forgotten that makes more sense given what's gone down in Omega is this page.

I know they mention later after the attack that the worms are backing Hayami and that's why he was willing to go so far. But It is still really dumb that either Toyo Electric or the worms thought it would be a good idea to essentially pick a fight with the whole world. Especially given that Hayami wants to retain economic power but the kengan association only has real influence within Japan. But given that the worms actually pulled that trigger in Omega I guess that means this was good writing all along :dumb:. The coup still remains one of the weakest parts of Asura's writing but there were some interesting plot threads that should and did make it into Omega but never got executed all that well.

Like, it's a forgotten plot point but in early Omega we know someone within the association leaked the Annihilation tournament footage onto the internet, and by all accounts it was likely Takada Seisuke, the CEO of Juoh communications and the guy who hired Bando as his fighter. He got pulled aside by Long Ming right after Bando's loss to Hatsumi to have a talk with someone most likely a worm executive and wasn't seen at all during the coup. He also had as much influence as Hayami while not belonging to any faction. Back in Omega when it still mattered that there was dissent in the association because of these leaks it's weird this guy never showed up again to do anything one way or another. Not even putting up a new fighter for the Purgatory tournament to secure higher standing in whichever side won that pointless tournament.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Oh no, a 20kg sword, how can someone with Superman syndrome and 100% removal possibly lift it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I kneel Sandro. Making Raian on the same level as the Connector with just Offscreen Training. lmfao

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
Julius was curling half-ton dumbells, and this dude, who supposedly has both Superman syndrome and 100% guihan, can't even swing a 20 kg sword? obviously a worm imposter.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Despite hundreds of years of the Wu clan refining it's techniques, honed in actual combat and bolstered by inhuman strength. One of their ultimate techniques is hoping their hand is beg enough to hide your obvious followup punch from your opponent. :dafuq: He should have used the eightfold demolition that Edward used against Raian instead of 13 "schoolchildren fighting on the playground"

It's also incredibly convenient that the Kure have a sword that can teach people how to utilize principles. But apparently Eroih never used it himself because if he did, he probably would have been able to manhandle Edward and turn their fight into Yujiro versus the Kaioh Kaku in concept.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Despite hundreds of years of the Wu clan refining it's techniques, honed in actual combat and bolstered by inhuman strength. One of their ultimate techniques is hoping their hand is beg enough to hide your obvious followup punch from your opponent. :dafuq: He should have used the eightfold demolition that Edward used against Raian instead of 13 "schoolchildren fighting on the playground"

It's also incredibly convenient that the Kure have a sword that can teach people how to utilize principles. But apparently Eroih never used it himself because if he did, he probably would have been able to manhandle Edward and turn their fight into Yujiro versus the Kaioh Kaku in concept.

what?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/onAv8e/chapter-256/

This is dumb both as a fictional technique in Kengan and as an assassination move.

This, at least in isolation is presented as a serious technique for a guy described as a combatant and doesn't look like a complete joke even if it is just a barrage of blows.

The rest has to do with Raian's sword.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Apr 11, 2024

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I would probably also be calling bullshit if I hadn't seen this video before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNdJ9bBkI40

I think the idea is just brute forcing the thing is drastically harder than actually practicing and figuring out how to use it and we're not working on superhero logic where someone picking up and balancing an ocean liner doesn't even phase us.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
*monotone* Wow Raian had won, what a shock, who would have thought that would happen

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Someone loving predicted the sword thing.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1bzsd5i

Vizuyos
Jun 17, 2020

Thank U for reading

If you hated it...
FUCK U and never come back

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Someone loving predicted the sword thing.

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/1bzsd5i

also predicted Raian shrugging off the Superman Syndrome strength like it's nothing

as well as Raian effortlessly dealing with a 100%-released Kure without even bothering to use Removal himself

i miss when Superman Syndrome and Removal were both cool, instead of scrub poo poo that some loser will use to talk himself up before getting effortlessly dunked on. at least it was funny when Xia Ji had Superman Syndrome

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I feel like Release/Superman Syndrome should be more impactful but at the same time... It's the Wu's. They are the stuff of Jobbers, almost to the extent of the Worm.

I'll give it a pass.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

"this is willem, my right hand man. he's a unique specimen even as far as the wu clan goes"

unique in that it took him a few extra chapters to get sonned by raian lmao

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Caidin posted:

I feel like Release/Superman Syndrome should be more impactful but at the same time... It's the Wu's. They are the stuff of Jobbers, almost to the extent of the Worm.

I'll give it a pass.
Why do the western Wu faction still exist in the story when they accomplish nothing besides killing off their own members in pointless internal conflicts and losing to everyone else.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Ah, I must apologize for the Western Wu clan, they are idiots. They were purposely trained wrong, as a joke.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

They're fighting the guy who beat Edward and he's become even stronger since then, if he lost I would've been blown away honestly.

Raian's probably strong enough to give Agito a close match at this point.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Am genuinely surprised anyone is disappointed by Willem Wu, a guy who clearly meant nothing at all.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Willem got knocked out by Medium-Rare Akoya who hid a taser up his rear end in a top hat. He was never going to be relevant

yum
Oct 27, 2005

to someone like
you.
This last chapter just established Raian as the Vegeta of the series. He’s now unstoppable and will cut through infinite swaths of jobbers/potentially named characters until he meets the Connector, where he’ll immediately job to demonstrate how powerful he is + the value of experience through the gap between their understanding of principles.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Brought To You By posted:

Why do the western Wu faction still exist in the story when they accomplish nothing besides killing off their own members in pointless internal conflicts and losing to everyone else.

They actually beat the Kure / Wu Alliance despite murdering themselves and getting some of their best fighters killed for some reason.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Offscreen, not even the Connector could beat them. Onscreen, they're fodder

panko
Sep 6, 2005

~honda best man~

I skipped all the way from 2017 itt but. I just caught up from not having read since they were going to Under and I’m glad this stupid fuckoff series is still kicking. they’re gonna go gauntlet style at this dudes rear end and he’s gonna take on his clones at the same time with left and right brain. sorry if someone already said this.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
at least star is still about extremely shady underground competitive fights.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Chapter 257.

Kazzy does it again!

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Lol Gilbert is just Edward appearance-wise now

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Chill, beer-chugging Jackie is like a million times more interesting than the overpowered martial god Jackie.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i can't hate jackie. hes too chill

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meanwhile, in STAR: Strike it Rich: Jesus Christ, Ichika

Edit: Kengan Omega. It kinda bugs me that nobody carries guys like this when we all know they're superhumans and could make Sisyphus look like a chump and roll his boulder up a mountain like it's Sonic the Hedgehog with no effort.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 17, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hypocrisy posted:

Chapter 257.

Kazzy does it again!

As funny as it would be for Jackie to abandon his plan because he didn’t consider that people die when you remove their brains, I’m guessing his condition is for Kazzy to supply replacement clones. It would save Ohma and Ryuki but wouldn’t solve the issue of 2 people dying to satisfy the connector’s dumb desire to fight himself.

UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

RareAcumen posted:

Edit: Kengan Omega. It kinda bugs me that nobody carries guys like this when we all know they're superhumans and could make Sisyphus look like a chump and roll his boulder up a mountain like it's Sonic the Hedgehog with no effort.

saw a picture of that fight and started going through the whole manga. Sandro is so good when it's just these lower-stakes fights lol.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

at least star is still about extremely shady underground competitive fights.

RareAcumen posted:

STAR rules. There is the obvious (and entirely self-aware) eye-candy aspect of hot, badass women beating the poo poo out of each other, but even outside of that the series has legs. "Three shady losers and childhood friends: a dirty cop, a small-time Yakuza boss and a retired MMA fighter, decide to turn their fortunes around and create a new underground fighting organization and then they simultaneously win a jackpot and get into deep poo poo when they enlist a charismatic, battle-crazy superhuman psycho as their main fighter" is a great hook and Sandro is significantly better when he can write (relatively) semi-realistic, (...relatively :v:) low stakes story about lovable assholes, then the world-changing fighting magic bullshit about martial gods that Kengan turned into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
I just got into Kengan Ashura, I'm just wondering if there's any place to read it legally? I looked around online and haven't had much luck.

I'm about 15 chapters in and I feel like I've laughed out loud so many times. The art is out of this world. I assume most people compare this to Baki? Which one is normally preferred?

Tried to get into Baki last year but had a hard time understanding the watch order and kinda lost interest but I should really pick it up again. The youtube Baki/Breaking Bad crossover anime mini-episodes are a work of absolute art.

Taima fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Apr 18, 2024