Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just love the facial expressions here. They're both going completely berserk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
it owns how letting agito see your moves means he knows how to handle them leading to this

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Both from meta perspective and from hints in story so far, it is likely that Wakatsuki will win, but I am personally cheering for Julius here. C'mon German steroid muscle beast! Man over nature! :black101:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Oct 2, 2018

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Julius has no chance because he's not Japanese.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

frajaq posted:

that Baki-like punch and slap :allears:

Yeah, the bitchslap and the kick transitioning into a double hand hammer from Julius were so loving beautiful.

You could fuckin' feel that slap.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Julius still has a chance. He didn't reveal his technique first, and this is only his first fight. As the fighter directly representing the main antagonist (for Kazzy's story), it would make sense for him to win.

Then Jun can beat him in the next round, imagine how amazing that fight would be!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

frajaq posted:

that Baki-like punch and slap :allears:

The eyelids flapping around really is the closest to Itagaki this series has gotten.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pewdiepie posted:

Julius has no chance because he's not Japanese.

Muteba, Gaolang and Saw Paing are not Japanese and they beat their respective Japanese opponents (Meguro, Kaneda and Fisherman Grandpa).

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Begemot posted:

Julius still has a chance. He didn't reveal his technique first, and this is only his first fight. As the fighter directly representing the main antagonist (for Kazzy's story), it would make sense for him to win.

Then Jun can beat him in the next round, imagine how amazing that fight would be!

Julius doesn't use techniques; techniques are for the weak!!!!!

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bushmeister posted:

Funny then that both guys got picked on purpose for the first round, while everyone avoided Gensai like the plague. I wonder if the second round is gonna shed more light on him and his CEO, they've both been pretty distant to the story so far.

Quoting from two or three pages back, but it really is intriguing and striking just how isolated Gensai and his CEO are. Literally every other fighter (whether directly or through the fighter's CEO) has a known relative, friend or rival, or at the very least a non-battle interaction with another fighter, all except for Gensai and the Motorhead Motors CEO.

Cosmo is friends with Wakatsuki and Adam Dudley, and his CEO is friends with the Penasonic CEO.

Adam Dudley has become a friend of Cosmo.

Haru has become the student / apprentice of Jun.

Akoya has an abusive relationship with his CEO.

Raian is a member of the Kure clan with many known relatives.

Mokichi has a sister (Elena) and made friends with Kure Erioh.

Inaba is a member of an assassin's clan and is close to his CEO.

Ohma pals around with the four stooges and Kaede, and hides from Karla.

Gozo is a rival of Wakatsuki and a friend of Okubo (from co-starring on TV shows).

Wakatsuki is a friend of Cosmo and a rival of Gozo.

Sawada is a frenemy of Rihito and close friends with his CEO.

Julius is the fighter for Toyo and therefore a part of the Toyo CEO's plot.

Muteba once fought Kure Horio when Horio tried to assassinate someone that Muteba was guarding.

Meguro was a fighter for Toyo and therefore a part of the Toyo CEO's plot.

Jun is a mentor to Haru, drank beer with Karo and teased Cosmo over Cosmo's flirtation with the Under Mount Inc secretary.

Kiozan has two elder sumo brothers and acts as the responsible adult to Kiozan's CEO's secretary.

Saw Paing is a rival/friend of Gaolang.

Karo was involved in the Toyo CEO's plot through Karo's CEO having agreed to a rigged match against Saw Paing.

Nezu has a girlfriend (Miki, the Honald Duck suit-wearer).

Rei has a known grandfather, is in love with his CEO, and is rivals with the Kure clan.

Rihito is a member of the four stooges.

Nikaido Ren was a fighter for Toyo and therefore a part of the Toyo CEO's plot.

Setsuna has a gigantic boner for Ohma.

Chiba played Shogi with Okubo when they were on the ship.

Sen is the ex-boyfriend of the Koyo CEO and flirts with every woman in sight.

Hanafusa has treated many of the injured fighters and went fishing with Kazzy.

Bando is the ex-classmate of the Teito University CEO.

Gaolang is a devoted servant of Rama and a friend/rival of Saw Paing.

Kaneda is a member of the four stooges.

Okubo is a member of the four stooges.

Agito has talked to, interacted with, or previously fought Wakatsuki, Ohma, Okubo and the other bodyguards.

Gensai spends his free time punching holes in steel plates or carving statues out of concrete by himself, and his CEO also hasn't interacted with the other CEOs or been involved with the Toyo plot.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Well, Gensai seems to be acquainted with Niko, so I guess he'll have some connection with Ohma.

And maybe Setsuna, given how much Setsuna loathes Niko's influence on Ohma.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

I feel like Gensai is going to be a finalist because of that. Like no backstory at all until the finals

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe
Doesn't Gensai face Setsuna in the next round? I feel like that's a good time to introduce more of both of their back stories

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Gensai killing setsuna would be pretty funny

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
That would own, I hate Setsuna

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

Doesn't Gensai face Setsuna in the next round? I feel like that's a good time to introduce more of both of their back stories

poo poo, either of them would be a problem for the Fang, if you think about it. Kiryu's spin technique and how he gets behind people seem pretty advanced and I don't know if you can totally copy them by just seeing it in the ring a couple times. And Gensai's hands are so well tempered that I doubt the Fang could stab like that if he wanted to.

Those are gonna be some wild fights before the Fang demolishes them.

Fereydun
May 9, 2008

gensai is going to make it to grand finals because he is akuma and the master of the fist

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Fereydun posted:

gensai is going to make it to grand finals because he is akuma and the master of the fist

I have Gensai pegged as a final boss or almost final boss figure. He seems to have knowledge about Important Stuff like Niko and everyone who is theoretically in the know avoided him like the plague while seeding, even preferring to fight the Fang instead.

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

RareAcumen posted:

poo poo, either of them would be a problem for the Fang, if you think about it. Kiryu's spin technique and how he gets behind people seem pretty advanced and I don't know if you can totally copy them by just seeing it in the ring a couple times. And Gensai's hands are so well tempered that I doubt the Fang could stab like that if he wanted to.

Those are gonna be some wild fights before the Fang demolishes them.

I reread these chapters and I’m mad hyped for that match now

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Gensai is basically Final Rihito

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can never tell with this series but I do think Agito will be the final boss, if only so Ohma can repay him for that kick.

Plus Agito seems to know Niko as well.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The skill vs strength theme is a repeat of Wakatsuki and Agito's match too.

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Dr Christmas posted:

The skill vs strength theme is a repeat of ...
Is this a spoiler or are you confusing Waka with Okubo?

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

Suspicious Lump posted:

Is this a spoiler or are you confusing Waka with Okubo?

Edit: Crap, maybe I am talking about a spoiler.

But the strength v skill thing isn't just something I'm kind of assuming now that I think of it.

Dr Christmas fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Oct 3, 2018

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I do not recall the ankle thing being brought up yet. Or how their fight was a matchup of skill vs muscle.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/458305/1

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm liking Julius more and more.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
"Flesh is Knowledge"

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
The Intelligent Barbarian may have been defeated by Kiryu, but one who shares the same will as him has arrived!!!!!!!!

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Steroids and books. I really want Julius to win now.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

i also think julius is cool and it would be interesting if he won

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I want Julius to win regardless to see how muteba thinks he'd be easy and how ohma is going to beat him

This just helps

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Waka is going to lose because he is desperate to fight Agito but ohma is going to the finals on this side of the bracket, so after waka loses he can go fight for Whoever is up against Agito next

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
"Julius is no muscular fool. He has studied sports physiology, sports medicine, psychology and even physics"

Maaaaaybe he should have also studied a martial art or two?

Also, just how much intelligence does it really take to grasp the principle of "When your enemy tries to punch you, you should step back"?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Considering the level of supernatural bullshit going on, I'd say he's pretty smart for figuring out it's just a really well executed punch.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Julius' ability to read a book allows him to make plans even after getting punched in the mouth.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Have we seen any of the other non-doctor fighters show they know how to read?

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

JosephWongKS posted:

"Julius is no muscular fool. He has studied sports physiology, sports medicine, psychology and even physics"

Maaaaaybe he should have also studied a martial art or two?

Also, just how much intelligence does it really take to grasp the principle of "When your enemy tries to punch you, you should step back"?

Martial arts teaches you techniques, you don't need techniques when you're swole!!!!!

Julius's first backstep was to get a measure for the distance at which Wakatsuki could fire off his punch.

His second backstep had to be done right before Wakatsuki connected with him, cause if he put too much distance Wakatsuki wouldn't have attempted his Blast Core and opened himself up to the Bear Hug from Hell, and if he moved back too late he would have gotten hit in the vitals and gone down.

Dude also noticed that Wakatsuki's ankle was the reason for the vulnerabilities in his technique.

He ain't dumb, just arrogant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm still #TeamTiger.