Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like kengan ashura and i'm going to marry adam dudley

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kengan ashura is kind of like baki if everyone in baki wasn't covered in grotesque tumors

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like the insane ceo ladies. capitalism is violence, too!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even though the story has come to a complete stop, i am glad that all of these funny and/or cool minor characters get full coverage of their matches.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
once again the boring dude wins, but i guess that's one way of establishing villains even though everyone there (except for one person) is pretty darn villainous to begin with

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
huh. rihito looks surprisingly good for someone who got ganked by a psychotic assassin from a long line of slightly less psychotic assassins.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
usually the "ohoho my fighter is sure to win" stuff comes from their employer. this time, the vicious ancient petrified chairman is the one saying it. he doesn't have a vested interest in the outcome of this match.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope he does because then for once the obvious underdog gets to win.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
rip latest underdog

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
but really, "deranged martial arts eugenics program that lasted for centuries combined with constant research and refinement of fighting techniques" vs. "one of his ancestors was like, really badass"? that sure is a battle between bloodlines. how suspenseful!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if mokichi was gonna win he would have needed a much more impressive background. he is the master of an obscure martial art, but that's just not enough narrative weight to tip the scale. but who knows, maybe he has something else up his sleeve.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is no world kengan cup, or even international kengan matches. corporate arbitration deathmatches are unique to japan, though foreigners are more than happy to spectate.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there are other fighting leagues, but not corporate arbitration fighting leagues. bringing business into it paradoxically makes kengan matches less corrupt than usual competitive fighting, as there are very large incentives to not throw matches.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
nah, those were generic tournament enforcers. fang there is the chairman's fighter, meaning he is effectively the reigning champion.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
a superior physique doesn't guarantee victory. unless you count narrative weight, there aren't any power levels involved.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think she's an obvious spy but everyone around her is so oblivious that they don't notice.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
aide a likes sexy men and is shady as gently caress. aide b also likes sexy men but she likes it even more when they make out and is not shady at all.

they are both pretty great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
what a fearsome man

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the funny thing is that rihito could probably rip the hair apart with his silly gimmick.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the chapter said it very plainly- the reason inaba lost so badly was because he pushed ohma just far enough to make him take it seriously

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
more chapters at a faster pace would be nice, but a steady release schedule isn't bad at all. so many good manga end up incomplete due to translator group woes, you know?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
why would you read that as seconds? it is very, very clearly 1 minute 52 seconds.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
based on wakatsuki's personality, he takes every opponent seriously. he's not like ohma, who goes easy until he is sufficiently entertained.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hope the eccentric gay dude wins

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like when the ceo and their fighter are buds

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i thought kazuo was the protagonist but not the hero. i was obviously mistaken.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the characters in kengan ashura are recognizable as humans, for one thing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think it is a spoiler that the two vicious assholes without sympathetic backstories are gonna tear each other up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it was a very passionate 5 seconds per woman

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i want to see the friendship between two girls

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's okay if cool dudes lose so long as they aren't killed or put in a coma. that way, they can hang out with the other fighters. meguro can go gently caress himself, though. dude sucks.

the bartitsu guy sucked too!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm glad the boring one-note dude lost

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the only way to stop masaki was to kill him, but he ended up fighting a dude who was perfectly willing and able to do just that

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
jun is a pro wrestler who takes pride in his profession, while his opponent is a huge jerk who looks down on sumo wrestling. i don't think it'll be completely one-sided, but jun ain't losing here.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

in the liner notes i think it said that their resemblance was unintentional, but it looks like they've decided to just roll with it now

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the 4komas were the best part of that omake chapter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
this is a huge change of pace from the last fight, but it also owns.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
*rad as heck sumo vs. pro wrestling fight happens*

in an extremely wienery voice: "oh, no thanks, i'd much rather get back to the main plot"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we only have partial backstories for some of the fighters, like the jerkwad cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
sometimes a fighting manga where the main conflict is explicitly not tournament-related is still entirely about a tournament, for no particular reason. actually i think that's just anzai nobuyuki, who is a hack.