Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007
Son Of Northern Frostbitten Wintermoon

Wanna see the big-rear end fishing industry grandpa fight soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

I don't think that's true at all.

I concur, there's like 3-4 choices that are plot-necessary or scream "bleeding obvious" in that chart, but overall I am quite interested in how things shake out. Like, unexpected curbstomps is about half the fights in this series so far.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

You name a sharp and/or edged object and chances are that somewhere a fat pro wrestler has fallen back-first onto it

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This is some Baki-level pseudohistorics and -sciencebabble

I loving love this

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

stay safe burger ghost

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

I honestly think Robinson might take it, leaving the kures to take a more behind the scenes role for the tournament. The kure clan seems important to the story, but none of the important ones seem to be on the bracket. This guy doesn't seem to have much to him other than "is really crazy and obnoxious"

I'm worried that his skillset of grappling and jointlocks is gonna overlap too much with the gambling tournament-crasher who stole a spot on the boat, but otherwise I am too hoping for his win. I am anxious to see the ways an insanely overprotective priest fellow is gonna let loose.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This release schedule is literally killing me, knowing there's so much more stuff out there

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah, he who shows his superpower first generally loses. Kinda wish they would mix it up a bit more than they have to make things a little more unpredictable, maybe this will be the fake out and Robinson takes it. He's a much more interesting fighter, but that never stopped buff justice cop from winning.

Bartitsu is hardly the limit of Robinson's secret powers. The assassin blood flow technique or whatever REMOVAL turns out to be is gonna be countered by the deep-seeded sis-con of Mokichi.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Shipping girl continues to be the #1 character of this manga

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Ah yes, my favorite manga martial arts of all time: He Big

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Bushmeister posted:

Ah yes, my favorite manga martial arts of all time: He Big

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Just re-read the whole of the translated manga because of the latest chapter, and I can't loving wait to get on over to the other side of the tournament brackets (FISHING GRANDPA! CRAZY MICKEY MOUSE GUY! MURDER DOCTOR x2!)

... then I look at the brackets and see that one or two of them are losing to the Gold Pleasure fighter in their block, and the doctors are fighting each other :smith:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

AtomikKrab posted:

Sekibayshi is not one of his (as far as we know) neither is his opponent as his opponent was targeted on the boat by Toyos people in an attempt to take his slot.

Sekibayshi might not be, but the plot hook is there for his CEO to be in on the Hundred (though so obviously, that he probably isn't).

I think whatever Scarface-affiliated fighters there remain, are going to be their CEOs pledging for him, rather than having the fighters themselves being bought.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Sweet jesus let Muteba win, Meguro is too disgusting to live

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Jesus, that fight :stare:

But now it is time for the PRO WRESTLER'S DUTY C'MOOONNN

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

verbal enema posted:

sumo guy has a cool robe and belt(?) or sash or w/e

Yeah that's a seriously cool design, also seconded that "Primal Sumo" is up there as badass martial arts goes.

Jun is so HYPE.

This fight is gonna own.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

One stands the tallest in the lineup

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I think that if you're writing/drawing a fighting manga involving pro wrestlers you are obligated to put in any combination of the three as a promoter/boss type. 95% of their time their role is to get chumped by the protagonist as the big bad of some early arc.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Kanos posted:

A policy of taking every blow for the sake of putting on a show is a really bad policy to have when your opponent is a guerilla warfare assassin who specializes in permanently killing/maiming people.

lol if you think Sekibayashi just can't grin and will a new eyeball into existence by sheer guts alone

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Man the next few fights up until Murder Doctor Duel are gonna be so HYPE as well

this is the best series

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Ytlaya posted:

Gozo is the creepiest looking character in this comic, followed by the ex-medical student guy. Gozo's smile scares me.

However, having just re-read it, Gozo's fight is one of the best in the series. Its short, but it hits all the high notes of the series. Crazy backstories, peak muscle man, supersonic action, bone-crunching damage. All in the span of two chapters

edit: also im betting the not-Disney fighter is gonna be some sort of anorectic super-freak to rival Gozo in the expression department

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

And up next, it's

FISHING

INDUSTRY

GRANDPA

time!

edit: I hope he enjoys kicking rear end as much as he enjoys beer

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Sep 21, 2017

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Zerilan posted:

My prediction for Dudley is that his friendship with Cosmo continues to get more adorable.

The true ending of this manga will be when Cosmo gets Dudley to try mayo with fries

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

He doesn't have any martial arts experience or training, but instead fights with the hatred and disillusionment one can only get after working as a Mockey Mouse mascot for 20 years without breaks.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Since the Niko style is all about body control and you get that thoom thoom thoom sound effect whenever Ohma uses it, I imagine its something dumb but shounen-y like overclocking your heart to increase circulation that puts deadly stress on his body or smth

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Two chapters of backstory is such blueballing after the last amazing fight and with this release schedule god dammit

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Fishing Grandpa #1 MVP of this entire series

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I loving love this manga and I loving love these dudes

edit: also since this is lethwei theres gonna be some headbutting about to happen

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Nov 25, 2017

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Was there someone in the Baki series who punched their own heart back into rhythm, or am I misremembering things

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Finally, anime will be good again

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

How they gonna make the Muteba/Meguro fight in any way palatable for airing is gonna be interesting

edit: also they need to rewrite the script so Lenne Hardt can do the voiceovers for the entrances https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsN3OtLE8kk

Bushmeister fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Dec 9, 2017

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

this is truly the worst timeline

And now it's the Mickey Mouse psycho! Who's gonna get wrecked.

So many cool fighters on this side of the brackets, so many of them without a real chance of victory :(

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

New chapter is out

Shipping girl owns

the mickey mouse dude owns

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol-011-Ch-088-Read-Online?id=395135

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

where the red fern gropes posted:

i can't believe kazzy beat the fang

They don't call him "Kazzy the Fang-Beater" for nothing you know

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

This loving dude You are foolish, you are arrogant, and above all you are weak :unsmigghh:

this series is the best and i cant loving wait for the anime

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

It's my second favorite manga martial arts style - Do-Nothing Karate! I am blessed :allears:

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Jose posted:

i thought nikaido ren was a woman this entire time tbh

For the enjoyment of us all (and the shipping girl), such is not the case.

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

Does the Muscle Prof count as a flashback? I don't think that it was, at any rate

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

I really wonder what the purpose of that assassin dude hired by Nogi was. I mean, so far Nogi has picked Hatsumi and Ohma to be his representatives, sooooooo.... why would he cheap out when hiring a dude who's meant to be committing a no-nonsense intimidation/murder job? Unless this is literally the best tier of assassin you can get in the Kengan Asura universe after the rest of them have been drafted into the tournament

Also am hella hyped what the muscle wizards actual power is (well, something to do with imitation) but he got one of the shortest introes of the fighters so far, so there's potential for hijinks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bushmeister
Nov 27, 2007

That is 100% my exact experience when first playing the latest UFC game on PS4.