Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jedah posted:

Hm... Kengan Ashura is kind of like Baki if everyone wasn't male, and there were actually some female characters.

But Jose is right, both are good.

There's only 1 that's a fighter though, and she's not even in the tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Hate-Senpai posted:

The writer's note about visiting an actual wrestling match and seeing actual thumb tacks being used in matches terrified me, like holy poo poo, what the hell.

Yeah that's called extreme wrestling, it's pretty gross.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It started in 2012, it just won a poll in 2015.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty much every character is crazy in some way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Kazuo and his CEO are better developed characters so I think they'll win. And then their next opponent will beat their strategy.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
RIP Rihito when he goes up against Setsuna in the 2nd round. He's gonna get murdered to get to Ohma.

So for the semi-finals I think Ohma(top left bracket), Setsuna(top right bracket), and Fang(bottom right bracket) are a given but I have no idea who's gonna win the bottom left.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Also keep in mind these predictions only work if the tournament goes as planned. We've still got Hassad and Medicine Man as wild cards afterall.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Takeshi was said earlier to be the only fighter that could go toe-to-toe with Fang so yeah he's very strong. He's gonna be dunked by Julius to show that Julius is a real threat though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I guess the whole breathing analysis thing is so Akoya can beat his opponent's without killing them?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah it's probably just a coincidence.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
That's someone else. You'll know him when you see him, IIRC he's still wearing prison stripes.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Haha "Medically impossible". What manga does he think he's in?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hassad wasn't beaten by Ohma, he got wrecked by the bodyguards.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
3 posts up

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

This is correct. One of the best things about Kengan Asura is that defeated opponents usually come back instead of disappearing forever like most manga. Makes it feel like the world doesn't just revolve around the protagonist.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah I was tempted so I "read" through the raws too. I look forward to reading the translated versions in 2019.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Begemot posted:

I bet that's the counter-powerup he uses to beat Raian :allears:

Weapons aren't allowed in Kengan matches.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
As mentioned earlier in the manga there are definitely other fighting leagues in Japan/the world though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
It doesn't allow weapons though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

with there being like another 10 volumes already made i wonder where the story is going after this tournament

Yeah uh the tournament isn't even over yet. It's up to the final 8.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Yeah, there are some unexpected wins/losses. I'll say that no one in this thread has correctly predicted every fight.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ytlaya posted:

I wonder how Inaba would fair against a lot of the other fighters. I imagine that, at the very least, the strength based ones would be a big problem for him.

Yeah with how specific his gimmick is he'd have a lot of trouble with certain fighters.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

The Lord of Hats posted:

For the people who've read the raws: is Nezu Mazami (Mickey Mouse guy) as amazing as I hope he is?

He's not bad but he gets overshadowed by pretty much everyone else.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

where the red fern gropes posted:

im just wondering why the fang is matched against someone who was not placed last

they voluntarily chose to go against him first?

Yeah if you look at the order in the lottery they were like #6 so they chose that spot because they wanted to fight Fang.

vvv We're over 100 chapters behind.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

ZeroCount posted:

Reinhold revealed his power first, he gonna die

I'm not sure being jacked as gently caress counts as a power.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
By the way that was the last chapter of volume 8 so we'll probably get the omake next which is about Inaba and his CEO when they were kids.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jose posted:

i was more thinking of the side story where the guy deflects bullets anyway

It does mess up his arms though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I was referring to the Kengan Asura side story.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Hell yeah Ive been waiting for this fight to be translated.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Venuz Patrol posted:

based on mr ballet caving his skull in earlier, my guess is that judoman has a rare genetic defect and his brain is actually in his stomach or something

Yeah no, this ain't Baki. There's weird medical anomalies but nothing as extreme as that.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

AtomikKrab posted:

The real question as well is who are the other fighters owned by Toyo power scarface, We know of 3 and what matches they are/were supposed to be in. We therefore have 3 more hiding in the second side of the bracket.

There is one more fight in the left bracket though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I'm looking forward to E. Honda vs Zangief.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The Street Fighter crossover continues for the next 2 omakes by the way.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
You probably shouldn't question how unrealistic some of the injuries(and healing from them) in Kengan Asura are.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The 2nd bracket definitely has the more interesting fights, yeah.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
There's another grudge match: Naoya vs Agito(aka Fang). Muji TV had 4th(iirc) choice for the bracket but they chose the "worst" spot.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Pretty much all the fighters in the 2nd bracket have some gimmick that hasn't been revealed yet so the matches are mostly unpredictable.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really hope the chapters start getting pumped out more often. At the rate we're going it'll take 2 years to catch up the raws(which are only in the quarterfinals). I guess this manga is pretty wordy so it makes some sense why they take so long to come out.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
If it's a character from Kengan Asura that means potential spoilers though. So be careful if you care about that.

EDIT: It's 99% Julius
EDIT2: Wait doesn't Danberu take place before the tournament anyway?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 29, 2017

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Please don't spoil unreleased chapters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Sawada what's wrong with your faaaaace

tweet my meat posted:

Honestly, after saving Mokichi's life, tending to all the wounded, saving Sawada's leg, the creepy dissection doctor is pretty consistently the least evil character in the manga.

When he was introduced wasn't he looking at a photo album of all his patients that had died?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Sep 30, 2017