Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

I marathoned this manga. Why do I like disgusting eyepoke genocideman now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Danberu also owns, you wouldn't think the horny manga has better infodumps about exercise than a lot of actual fitness things but here we are

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Gensai is immune to mid-battle powerups :eyepop:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

That's some Miyamoto Musashi tactics right there.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Plutonis posted:

RIP the intelligent barbarian, got his neck twisted by Setsuna

he lived to write about it

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah, Ohma is every overpowered hothead protagonist ever. Good thing we have Judgement Kazzy pulling his weight as the real people's champion.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I was wondering if the manga would pay off the machinations behind the scenes at all. gently caress yes.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Plutonis posted:

Lmao Hanafusa and Murobuchi playing football while this poo poo happens

owns

I want Hanafusa and THE Murobuchi Gozo to be best friends forever

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Sindai posted:

Oh, I guess he's a good guy.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Judgement Kazzy :hellyeah:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

All these matches will happening in one day is a huge advantage to the left side of the bracket

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

bunch of people jealous of rei's lifestyle itt

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I was eyerolling at Ohma's obvious boring win going in but this fight loving ruled, that last moment especially

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Wakatsuki had seed 13 and didn't elect to be placed in the matchup next to Fang's. He's a huge loving idiot.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

It's still a really dumb plan because it assumes the rest of the field is cans he doesn't have to use his two secret aces against

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Muteba is the smartest guy in the tournament.

I love that it's perfectly consistent with his character. When he gets his eyes his thought process is not "now I can win the tournament", it's "now I can make SO MUCH MONEY at my job"

Tonfa fucked around with this message at 13:54 on Nov 27, 2018

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Getting the feeling this is leading to breakup angle and then Rei discovering the meaning of friendship

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Getting tired of Kanoh's fights getting carried by vastly more charismatic opponents and him winning. gently caress him up Sen.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Fang sucks.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I enjoyed noted crazy person Kiryu calmly thinking "Hmm, perhaps I should call my foot-based technique Rakshasa's Sole instead"

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

This is exactly what should happen with our half dead protagonist going out there against King Muscle tbh. The eventual reversal is undoubtedly going to be

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

holy poo poo

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Castle Kuroki hasn't left his feet even once in the entire tournament, right? Dude is terrifying.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Holy gently caress the typesetting for this

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I have to wonder what would require Dr. Hanafusa's attention, though.

Also dang Long Min is just loving dead offscreen. Dude seemed like a major villain set up for the sequel so I am shocked.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Rihito has never killed a man in his life.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Yeah Muteba described this guy as a top 3 nonlethal disabler in the world, it's not like he's some comedy jobber Rihito should have chewed thru

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Brought To You By posted:

It doesn't make Falcon look that great despite his reputation and dominance in this match, because anyone who has to debilitate their opponent to win is conceding they were outmatched in the end.

That's the Kengan mindset

In the Purgatory ring, the winner is the winner. There is no such thing as outmatched in pure strength because pure strength isn't what is being measured. The better fighter won.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

I am indeed enjoying this arc because the Kengan guys are in hostile territory and are losing because they don't realize their opponents do not subscribe to the Manly Man Hotblood Punch Club attitude.

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

People were complaining about Carlos/Gaolang and Rihito/Falcon at the time but they were honestly pretty sick fights, Ashura tournament worthy stuff compared to anything that has followed. Fang off was ok too. Not feeling these boring mirrors where two guys just go at each other in a straight line until one loses (with cutscene intermission by Ryuki and dead guy).

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Paul Phoenix deathfist or go home

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Lt. Lizard posted:

The way how each chapter ends with an awesome and devastating finisher that deffo ends the match for real this time!, is getting a little comical.

Also how the guy making the first offense after a standstill almost always fails and ends up eating a sick counterhit for 200% damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Begemot posted:

Honestly, I think the whole like CEO-fighter pairing concept of the first series was a brilliant idea, and the sequel is weaker for largely dropping it.

good point tbh

It gave an easy window to express personalities of the characters and having hypemen on both sides makes for a big fight feel. Omega is like, here's this jackass in a mask, nobody cares about who he is.