Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

At least CyberLowtax likes me.

I realize this tournament will probably take another 60 weeks just to get through the first round, but I really want to see more of Yamashita being a doofy everyman. "Did I get the right size?" :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Petiso posted:

Why did they make such a fuss about Yamashita's bet? If I'm not mistaken he's done for unless Ohma wins anyway, so he doesn't have anything to lose.

a) Yamashita being over a barrel is the long-term threat. This just helps raise the stakes in the short term to give us, the audience, yet another reason to cheer on Ohma. Who to be honest isn't terribly interesting on his own.

b) It's funny.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Aaaaand sad trombone.

"Aw heck, he lost me a gigantic fortune but I can't stay mad at this kid!" Yamashita remains best character.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

It's in a dome. They opened the roof a chapter or two ago.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Since when was Ohma a cocky jerkball? Yeah, let's wander around throwing shade all of a sudden.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

RareAcumen posted:

Ah yes, known not-cocky shonen protagonist Tokita Ohma

Ohma's a good boy who's suffering from brain damage.

Yeah, okay, good point. I haven't read all the way through in a while. Mostly I was remembering his more low-key personality as he dealt with Kazzy.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

"With this button, thousands will die, including President-Elect Frump --"

:mad scramble to push the button:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Twist: Setsuna is 100% sane and Kazzy really is a shapeshifting monster.

... I'd hate that, but it sure would be a surprise ending.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Thank you for reading! Please look forward to the author's next work!

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Koga being just some random punk that Ohma casually destroyed one day, rather than being "tied to him by fate" or whatever was not what I was expecting, but also makes perfect sense.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

AtomikKrab posted:

conquer the Inside

:grin:

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

I would eat at a place called "Yakiniku Bastard."

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

"Mechanical watch: A watch powered by a spring. It's activated by turning the crown."

... I am so old.

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Silly Kazzy, thinking the Kure clan wasn't watching over him the whole time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

Umm ... wasn't that a ringout?