Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

i feel like this fight would be better suited to a series of "what-if" side chapters, where we would get interesting fights like setsuna vs muteba (guy who moves when you blink vs guy who doesn't need to blink) or cosmo vs julius (david vs goliath) or jun vs seki (face vs heel)

instead i'm just waiting for it to end

That wouldn't make sense since this fight is the climax of both of their character arcs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Im cheering for the guy in the Gogeta vest

So theres this instagram account of this american guy who moved to the Inner Mongolian steppes to become a full time wrestler. Its a really cool glimpse into what it takes to succeed in a sport where every competitor grew up wrestling horses since they were 5 https://www.instagram.com/p/CBvZoHDpcrb/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I think theyre also trying to show that the title of Fang isnt what it used to be. Metsudo is retired, he doesnt need the biggest baddest guy to be his fighter anymore

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Waste of a world class fighter. I hope this tiger vessel nonsense turns out to be an actually fruitful plan worth spending all these resources to acquire

this is so loving funny to me that people are concerned about the proper allocation of resource of a shadowy organization of assassins in a manga. Like "oh no, I hope the HR department at the worm is ready for the influx of new hires after raian and ohma killed like 50 of their members"

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Alan is getting DQ'd for starting the fight before the ref was ready

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Masaki is about to show us the power of being a pain pig

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
I hope they also reconstructed his dick and balls

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
This fight owns

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

:sigh: Goddamn it, again with the slurs.

Least homphobic texan

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

:bang: It's not judo-only if you never used strikes which Judo has Sandrovich

Nobody cares about atemi waza

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Of all the fight manga out there, this one tends to foster the most pedantic discussion. Yes, of course the guy won a fight with a cracked sternum, these are superhuman cartoon people. Watch MMA if you want realism

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Larry Cum Free posted:

I think it's because it didn't really start out that way. Fights used to be more about strategy to set up a finishing move that would work because the characters were really good fighters with inherent human weaknesses. Now it's about guys who have learned not to breathe and tanking ultimate finishers through samurai spirit.

Basically it's become Baki without the muscle-cult homoeroticism, which is the whole point of Baki.

:drat:

Dog they had Julius chained up to a race car to test his strength, cmon now

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
The judo guy tanking the sternum crushing punch is to show the reader that what he learned from.his loss against Hayami was that in order to reach the highest levels he needs to literally sacrifice his body to do so. The old Jurota would have gone down, the new post-Hayami Jurota will literally let every bone in his body break if it means he will achieve victory

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
He's got that dog in him

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009
Lucky...

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Sextro posted:

I on the other hand am clapping my hands, hooting and hollering. This is great and I want to see where it is going.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eustace
Feb 26, 2009

Despite hundreds of years of the Wu clan refining it's techniques, honed in actual combat and bolstered by inhuman strength. One of their ultimate techniques is hoping their hand is beg enough to hide your obvious followup punch from your opponent. :dafuq: He should have used the eightfold demolition that Edward used against Raian instead of 13 "schoolchildren fighting on the playground"

It's also incredibly convenient that the Kure have a sword that can teach people how to utilize principles. But apparently Eroih never used it himself because if he did, he probably would have been able to manhandle Edward and turn their fight into Yujiro versus the Kaioh Kaku in concept.

what?