Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

EAT WELL, SLEEP WELL, SHIT WELL! THERE'S YOUR ANSWER!!
I believe in Gensai, because if Setsuna beats Gensai then next round is Setsuna vs Rei and who the gently caress wants to see that? I want to see Gensai stomping Setsuna into the ground and then the big assassin vs assassin fight where he'll also feed Rei his spleen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

The Lord of Hats posted:

Look at that masterful feint by Gensai. He's made it look like he's having the first flashback, but it's actually a flashback for Setsuna's teacher. This not only gets Setsuna to let his guard down, thinking flashbacks are now safe, it obliges him to also flashback at length about his training, weakening him further.

Also I like how the teacher was initially portrayed as basically Akuma, but we now see he was a pretty chill guy.

This guy was right. Gensai feinted Kiryu into having a flashback.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Gensai's flashback bait was even better than expected. At this point Setsuna has had not only two chapters of flashbacks of himself but also two chapters named after him. Setsuna's done. Stick a fork or a lance in him, Gensai's going on.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

Fang's already stolen Gaolang's fighting style so I'm not sure what else is left now.

Fight's only just started but if it's just going to be a boxing match and Gao's flashbackstory I'm less interested than when Okubo's abilities getting assimilated.

I feel like even losing fighters tend to get a bit of spotlight by the manga, so I don't think it'll be just that. My bet is that he'll be able to beat Agito as long as Agito sticks to boxing only until Agito consciously abandons the boxing style - at which point Agito has won the match, but essentially lost on pride? At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Oh, that's actually a real good point. I still see Fang having to win (because he needs a rematch against Sen), but somehow I totally forgot that Muay Thai is on the table.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

I like that Kazzy's incredible visual acuity was foreshadowed back when they had to pick brackets, and Kazzy picks an absurdly high number, thinking it bugged out and slowed down a little so he could pick it.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

verbal enema posted:

He actually asks about this

He does, it's just nice that it was actually set up instead of suddenly being a thing.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

Problem was he only landed a single punch and like two kicks before he started using his ripper. So it's not like he could have bled the falcon too much prior to when he started his own offensive.

Because he was trying to predict Falcon's moves instead of just going "gently caress it, tanking that hit and taking his pectoral muscles"

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Brought To You By posted:

It's still left ambiguous, but Tiger eyes was said to have received a fatal blow but given how Ohma's own death turned out I don't think that matters much.

other way around. The Devil is how Setsuna refers to Ohma's Niko. Tiger Eyes died but dealt Niko a fatal blow. Everything else still stands, obviously, Setsuna can be wrong.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

Plutonis posted:

Theory: Masaki is Meguro's little brother, was the true killer and somehow mindfreaked his big bro into believing he was the actual culprit

I would be very surprised, because Masaki is 21 years old and the killings were 22 years ago at this point.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1443137188644868100?s=20

Let's fuckin' go. Judging from the trailer, it's HnG, but now official.

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

doublepost, but gently caress it:

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/owLN1k/chapter-128/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Exercu
Dec 7, 2009

OnimaruXLR posted:

I'm just relieved that it's actually good. I guess I shouldn't be shocked, considering Daro's grasp of English means he probably wouldn't tolerate any AI translated horseshit, but when it comes to official releases I've been burned too many times

now put out all of asura in comparable quality so i can buy it

I mean, it's quite literally the same hokuto no gun team that did all of Kengan until they went *wink wink nudge nudge* "we're not fantranslating kengan anymore because we want to get an official translation" *wink wink nudge nudge*