Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Seconding that the portrayal of pro wrestling and indeed everything else about this manga is Top Notch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

This fight is so good. I can't stop re-reading it. I'm even re-reading the fight with him vs Ohma just to get my fix of the magnificence that is Hell's Angel Sekibayashi Jun.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

I can't stop rereading this fight even though I've reread the raws a million times.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i want to believe that the muscle professor is still alive despite that being pretty darn impossible.
If Danberu is canon then he lived long enough to write a book about it.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

The conversation they have when he is first introduced is amazing in context as well.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

edit: deleted spoilers

When the anime hits I’m hoping Kazuo gets more screen time, or even a spin-off series!

Uncle Khasim fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Apr 27, 2018

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

This is the best all these fights are the best this series is the best

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

where the red fern gropes posted:

we all knew gensai was going to job

his job is loving people up
jumped out of my seat at that final line despite having read raws

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Am I the only one who is super interested by Taira Genzan and hopes he comes back for a prequel?

It’s interesting to hear the different perspectives on the guy who (reportedly?) killed Niko.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Starting to really warm to the Fang as a character now.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

this one time I strangled so hard I..

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Callbacks to Fist of the Seeker coming thick and fast. Really want to read it all now!

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

did Our Guy Gensai seriously just hit him with the wrist of his broken hand

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Any fighter whose CEO was associated with the coup is potentially now a free agent.

We could have any and all of Julius, Adam, Haruo and Nikaido Ren in Kazzy’s stable. Haruo could actually make for a great protagonist given that there is a growth arc ahead of him.

Edit: Kaneda too, given that he took someone else’s spot and also has sigificant room to improve.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

“Fighter’s Apprentice” implies there is a fighter to apprentice to..

Edit: “He hardly comes to see matches Yamashita Trading Co isn’t involved in” also implies that he already has a fighter, or is at least on good enough terms with other companies to let him borrow theirs.

Uncle Khasim fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Jan 18, 2019

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

dude loves his tv shows that’s for sure

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

God I love Julius in these omakes.
Holding out hope that we’ll see him in Omega!

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Rihito can’t lose here but I fully expect these two to become friends after this.

Actor guy or Marvellous Seki would have been great fights for this guy as well.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

kazzy_the_mark.jpg

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

everyone acknowledged rihito’s potential :unsmith:

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

BROS BROS BROS BROS

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Also Julius picking up on the Niko Style-esque movements of his opponent and mentioning it to Ohma was a nice detail.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Kengan Ashura - Absolutely absurd, all of it.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

I enjoyed this fight because I feel it was part of a larger setup. This entire series is all about references.

Misasa was a character from Ashura and was framed to be part of something bigger in Omega; all the bodyguards are watching him, he’s had a fair few lines for someone who isn’t a main character or an affiliated fighter in Ashura, and there just something about how he carried himself. Nitoku and Akoya, for example, haven’t had near as much presence.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Legitimately expecting the Worm guys that we’ve seen to have been Trained Wrong As A Joke so the real ones can get things done. Xia Ji just seems to be constantly getting clowned on all of the time.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Okubo has suffered enough, I have the feeling Ohma will lose in some plot-relevant way.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

cut to Kazzy shouting “No Ohma! Don’t waste your flashback this early!”

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

I’d given up on Omega and clicked this on a whim. Why couldn’t the entire manga be this good?