Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Under purgatory rules, gladiators never lose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
EVIL IS ON THE MOVE (while 1 guy is an outsider ally and the other was a middle management weakling). At this point, Worm is just a gag about evil organization hijinks and failings.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Well, I guess Ed kept his promise to Mr. Goat, Alan secured the victory.

With Murdercop coming up next, it could be 2 wins in a row for purgatory.

JamMasterJim fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Feb 3, 2021

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Catpetter1981 posted:

Remember how Koga's karate master uncle said that biting is a fearsome finishing move?

Jurota's gonna reveal that he can throw with his teeth.

All 3 characters who have tried biting in a fight have lost, 2 of them died.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter is out.
https://manga4life.com/read-online/Kengan-Omega-chapter-110-page-1.html

Liu has interesting taste in music at least

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
At this point I just feel bad for Liu.
2 of his 3 friends are Worms, and the other is just the latest vessel for Nicolas Le Banner.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
>Grab a few thousand students in the inside
>Grab a few more in china
>Flip flop between teaching the Bullshit Super Kata style or turning into liquid style
> Hold dozens of Gu Rituals
> Use said winners as Guinea pigs for 2 or 3 super doping techniques
>Most of them die or become crippled or just lose
>The biggest success of said rituals is a guy who relies on no doping and is no longer working for you

So what is the next step for Other Tokita Niko and his master plan?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Your feeling I feel deeply, Liu.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Lt. Lizard posted:

Wasn't Medel described as "Gensai-level" only in side-material and even that in a context of "I wanted to make Medel a Gensai-level boxer, but he turned out too strong in a boring way so I scrapped the concept and went with a dude who learned Capoeira from podcast?" I'm pretty sure he doesn't count.

He was technically the Gensai of boxing. Too strong to face any challenge there.
People take Ohma's quote ' so strong he was lonely, I know somebody like that' and reference it, while ignoring that right afterwards, he says ;Is he on Kuroki's level? Let's see what he is made of'.

In other words, people can be the Kuroki Gensai's of their respective field. It's like the power level measurement in the Kenganverse.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Kanos posted:

You know, that's a good point, since they've made it Kazzy's thing to be The Guy Who Scouts Top Tier Fighters and keeps a rolodex of them. "This guy is a champion in one of the largest underground leagues in the world and has fought hundreds of matches and also went fist to fist with Gensai" should definitely put Rolon on his radar.

It' because everyone referred to him as Lolong before and it did not click.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter is out.
New layers of bullshit.
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/EtlkYqN/1/1/

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Use Demonbane already

The greatest hidden secret in the Kure familly, passed down for millenia , taught only to family heads.
Ankle Kick

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
5 halves?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Chapter 144
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/dlo7XOL/1/1/

The power of Wu. The power of Conquerors.
It's probably the 5th guy

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

:mad:

Xia Ji wins! Maybe!

Tokugawa secret technique.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Chapter 145
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/5grICEP/1/1/

At this point, I just want our boy Xia to succeed. Drama, "stakes", and twists about everything else, I am just numb.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/UwcHR5o/1/1/
Hayami is a genius.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
So Edward Wu(Wu Fei) died 5 times in his first 2 fights.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Bets on a 10 year old timeskip coming?

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Alternate link
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/qRDqyA9/1/1/

One step closer to perfecting the Niko style.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
New chapter
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/vy3srPn/1/1/

I have never rooted as hard for a villain before.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Now that Xia was written off in a pathetic way, I will be rooting for Luca 'this bullshit is rigged' Tyrant.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Collapsing Farts posted:

I like that these huge muscle bound men with comicbook physiques only weigh 80kg lol

Mr. Olympia winners and finalists are usually shorter than 1.80. Bodybyilding and martial arts are not very related, Julius aside, but still. Even UFC heavyweights are closer to 1.85-188 IIRC

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Brought To You By posted:

So I'm 100% down for Chiba creating his own variant of formless but it's not a technique the same way Gaolang's flash jabs or Okubo's tackle are techniques. It's a mindset where Agito leverages his years of martial arts expertise and the many techniques he's acquired to adapt on the fly to his opponent. Chiba ironically already was doing this even in his first fight against Sen but made a bad call when switching to Aikido.

So I like the idea that he would try and refine his choice of techniques by becoming a better martial artist and learning not to just string together moves but create a gameplan against his opponent by doing so. You know, "becoming" a better martial artist in not just form but mind.

Then Sandro had him swinging his loving shoulders because that's the only way the reader would know it's formless in the first place and I am beating a dead horse when I say I hate that formless got devalued to just a shoulder shimmy. Fusion is also an interesting idea, could have been a unique gimmick of Chiba because of his career choice and history, merging roles together to create composite personas and subsequently composite moves. But it's all wasted in a throwaway fight when it should have had as much time as a round 2 kengan fight. Instead he literally eats poo poo in the same amount of time he lost to Sen.

Formeless is a technique as much as copying poo poo instantly is a tecnique, which you can learn from the Kures apparently

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

CharlestonJew posted:

Was he flexing his forehead muscles super hard or something?

Yes.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Kure Clan invented BJJ
Koga uses Niko Style

FFS, Sandro

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

At this point why doesn't everyone just learn the Niko style?

Everyone does, whether they know it or not.
"Clenched his muscles? Niko style.
Redirected attacks? Niko style.
Face to fist attack? Niko style.
Get high blood pressure and die? Niko Style

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

No the Guy who invented BJJ stole from the Kure clan and made improvements, and I guess his daughter or something shagged the Kure guy.

Also Koga using Niko style is fine, his whole thing is he has the ultra instinct eyes and has been learning from literally EVERYONE else on the cast.

Maybe, but it'[s a bit annoying. Learning from so many teachers and the moment grappling, ground game, throw etc comes up, we do not get a flashback to say Kureishi and thinking of fellow student cosmo. We are back to Niko style swallowing nearly everything. At least it's unlikely he will use removal or advance (for now)

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Scallop Eyes posted:

The idea of this moveis fine, but it really should be something only Rihito could pull off. It's stupid if basically anybody can just learn the Niko style and get to crush bones.

We will find out he went to the Kures and learned a bit of COPY first

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

drat I'd like to see waka and Julius fight again

Remember when Julius was involved in killing that F1 driver

That's filed under the 'pointless thing Hayami does because he thinks it's brilliant'.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

my parents boyfriend posted:

I like how everyone knows Gaoh is explicitly trying to kill his opponents but they refuse to do anything about it unless someone actually dies. Kengan rules at their finest.

I mean, everyone is friends or connected with assassins, individuals or clans

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Caidin posted:

Ah man, the Inside even has one of those underground bonus dungeons full of high level weirdo's and a randomly generated layout.

And nobody knows how many even live and how deep it goes.
Kenga Zetton will reveal the ones who blessed the worm with their tech are aliens who settled there 4000 years ago

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
This clown and the one Mukaku chopped were the ones assigned to Jia back then apparently

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

Jose posted:

still kind of wild julius was sinvolved in killing a guy by standing still with an F1 car chained to him

It's just one more thing in the big list of 'pointless evil poo poo that served absolutely no purpose and had no real effect' that Hayami did.
Julius would rather just lift a bit more, but oh well.

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

yum posted:

I want to see Julius fight someone who isn't a muscle bound freak like he is. And the ballet dancer doesn't count, that person got eliminated in the jobber rounds of Koga's b-team tournament.

I am sad we did not see Julius vs Carlos

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
Ah yes, the good old chapter 0 spread.
IN THIS UNDERGROUND ARENA THAT WILL NEVER SEE THE LIGHT OF THE DAY, ONE MORE WORM IS JOBBING

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Put a recognizable brand in the mix, I cannot care about the Worm when they lose as many fights as Piccolo. Bring in Cobra or the Foot Clan or Shadaloo, something for God's sake

"Did you know Bison got his body vessel idea from the Worm? And Shredder with all his clan were eradicated by the Connector alone. "

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010

He can pull all the knives he wants. At this point he's racked up a dozen other death flags in just a couple chapters even without it.

At least he is not retiring from the beat in 3 days.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JamMasterJim
Mar 27, 2010
I like how the 3d panel is unchanged.