Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Begemot posted:

"I actually wanted to get pushed into a corner and beaten up by the best boxer in the world. You played right into my hands!"

Also, Gaolang is totally taking time to insult Fang's boxing in that last panel :allears:

it's not blood, it's victory wine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Macksy posted:

Judge Dredd-chan ownz gently caress da h8rz

die by my blade, fool

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
oh no... i didn't realize smiley bodyguard guy is dead

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

it said setsuna killed some of them? i don't get when that happened

that was a while back. the bodyguards were following all the fighters around on the first day of the tournament, and setsuna got cranky and ganked some of them

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Kanos posted:

The problem with relying on being able to predict all of your opponent's moves is when they do something you didn't predict.

ohma has learned the art of Yomi

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Zerilan posted:

It also implies that these guys continue to hang out together after this tournament ends. Wonder who hires Julius after the tournament?

we already know the answer for that. he's joined silverman's gym as a promoter

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
cower before his strong fundamentals

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
Will the dark horse known as the "Farting Cloud" change the course of history?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

• Flashback
  • Uses finisher move at the end of the chapter not the middle
  • lots of focus, cool art, hype
  • opponent still hasn't used his flashback
Sen is going to job horribly, writing is on the wall.

there are fights that have defied one or two of these rules, but not all of them at once. hatsumi, you fool

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i was so hoping the secret mystery guy would turn out to be gensai when i saw the silhouette

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i've liked him ever since he was so nervous about his first fight even though it was a walk in the park for him. he's very conscientious. it's cool

e: also his hair is very hot now

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
every freaking fighter is like "this will all be fine as long as i don't take a direct hit from wakatsuki" and then they go and take a direct hit from wakatsuki. waht the heck guys

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

we're about to find out they didn't call him Kazzy the Massage Therapist for nothing

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

gently caress yes

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Jose posted:

Lol at kogas movement being an issue while Adam Dudley was ridiculous because he didn't need to move

Okubo being an actual MMA fighter would probably do well against wakatsuki because he was bad against grapplers

yeah koga doesn't have dudley's Abnormally Strong Trunk though

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
adam would be way better if he didn't use homophobic slurs

hard to tell if that's the source or the translation's fault though

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
ever since the phone call between toyoda and kazuo a few chapters ago the battle lines have been redrawn away from purgatory vs. kengan association and toward both associations vs. secret worm society

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ohma and Ryuki are going to turn out to be half brothers and both are going to be related to cloak guy. Either that or we'really going full MGS and it's clones. Not going to tackle who got the dominant genes.

koga

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
racism in the first two panels hell yeah

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's obviously a heart from a clone. for all anyone knows that might bypass the limitations of organ transplants.

our own healthsystem could be doing this for anybody if george w bush weren't such a wad

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i believe in julius. his big muscle will win the day

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
el dorado looks loving sick. im rooting for purgatory now

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
in retrospect the guy who carved a wall into a statue with his bare hands was probably a shoe in for tournament winner

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I gotta say, this jumping on a fighter to stay above them thing has to be one of the goofiest things in this series.

street fighter is canon in the kengan universe, so i think it tracks

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the fact is, he wasn't punching hard enough before, and now he's punching hard enough

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
one of the character bios in the original series mentioned that misasa was the most popular bodyguard by a mile, so i hold faith that he will win

that being said monke rules so i'd be completely okay with him winning too

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i hope Edward's match is really good, he's been getting lowkey hyped up ever since the tournament started

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
aw, meguro has a fan! that's sweet. i hope they become good friends

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i cant believe akoya is about to get his rear end kicked by a twink for the second time in two years

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i assume the super technical analysis opening up this fight is like an apology for the last 8 matches being magical fake bullshit

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

To be fair to the series, Rihito v Falcon was alright in this territory.

i get what you're saying but it's still funny to say that of the fight that ended with the falcon goomba stomping rihito for the win

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the lack of a protagonist gives the plot a certain amount of weightlessness, i think. it's not really important to me who wins or loses when there's a maximum of one chapter's lead time between a character being introduced and their fight

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
in retrospect that boat trip arc in kengan asura was insanely important to giving it the impact it had

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i dunno it's nice for the king of mma to get a clean victory after getting hyped up against the fang way back when

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
the website says they're releasing Asura at the same time, 6 or 7 chapters a month