Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It's okay he's still acting...

Right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hate-Senpai posted:

Jun's greatest weakness (disregarding the whole taking every attack that comes his way) seems to be attacks that he doesn't expect.

Since he has a self-enforced rule of taking every blow that comes his way, he's aware that they're coming and is mentally prepared to take them on, which helps him steel himself mentally for every strike.

But two times he's been caught off guard.

The first time was when Ouma pinched him, and the second time was when Koizan kicked him this fight.

Like, while he recovered pretty quick against Ouma, and did have his whole pro wrestlers are good actors talk, I do think his initial reaction was purely reflexive.

This has got me real worried how his next fight is gonna play out. Mutaba seems like the worst opponent he could have.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Man Ohma is gonna get hosed up next round.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Are people actually scared of kiryuu?

Probably not until later when he fights. At this point the people in the manga who have never seen him fight probably only know him as the guy who is incredibly horny for Ohma.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I feel like whoever wins this match could make it to the finals. How is a normal fighter even supposed to deal with either of them?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's the second match after this, the next match is the grappler versus the super police guy.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

AtomikKrab posted:

Oh right we have an entire day of downtime before the next round.

My question is, will hatsuma advance unopposed if the doctor of deaths disease ends Gumby the Murdering med-student? Or weaken him... or since this is a punchmans manga, have no real affect?

What if Hatsuma decides to wander off like usually does from time to time? So neither fighter is present for the match.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Stairmaster posted:

Cosmos's master is going to give a speech about how you need to know your limits before you can exceed them and cosmos is going to take this to heart and forefeit

That's what he has been trying to doing, but the rear end in a top hat cop won't let him.

Adam Dudley is right, ACAB.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Goddamn

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I like how Akoya is frowning so hard his chin is all wrinkled up. Dude is like a half a second away from crying.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Lol if that's the fight over already

The true fight is gonna be Kenzo Vs. The Kure Clan.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I bet the ref is happy he was able to stop a match without having someone threatening to kill him.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Kure wheelchair grandpa continues to be great.

Bushmeister posted:

Funny then that both guys got picked on purpose for the first round, while everyone avoided Gensai like the plague. I wonder if the second round is gonna shed more light on him and his CEO, they've both been pretty distant to the story so far.

Well he seems to knows Niko. Dude looks like he is going to become more important with that panel.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Julius has also been reading up on business and he ends up pulling the rug under his CEO.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

I want to believe that the chairman made the sub rule for this fight only. Just so Jun could pull this off.

If this is the only sub in the tournament I'm not gonna be mad.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That might be my favorite bonus chapter.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Brought To You By posted:

You can infer it from this chapter if you look at Muteba's hands in the page he goes for the eye-gouge. Also note the sfx for "Tap" and where it is
But it will get explained next chapter don't worry.

drat that's real subtle.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Suspicious Lump posted:

Dude he just got heart punched a la Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique from kill bill. Especially the line where they compare a mercenary to a martial artist.

Our boy is a goner.

There's doctor who managed go bring back someone who got their heart twisted into a knot. He's going to be fine.

Fight ruled, God Bless pro-wrestling.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

One of the chapters in this volume is called "Friend" so I hope we see Saw create another Gaolang style friendship with Rei.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

blizzardvizard posted:

It's not over yet

I BELIEVE

This, Saw is gonna get up in the next chapter and kick Rei's rear end.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

gently caress Rei

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

This doesn't bode well for Setsuna. Gensai was friends with his master and presumably knows how his style works

I just thought about this.

Also Setsuna got blueballed which is another advantage for Gensai.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Too many people underestimating the guy who beat Rihito.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RatHat posted:

The extra chapter is a bit of a retcon. Originally Muteba approached that ship on a little dinghy, and the pirates definitely would've noticed a helicopter.

I'll take it because it made Muteba a lot cooler.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

It makes a lot of sense to get Setsuna out of the tournament now, since Rei vs. Setsuna or any future Setsuna fights would just be the same poo poo. Rakshasha's Palm basically being a OHKO makes it real hard to write fights around.

So gently caress him up Gensai.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Devil Lance can pierce any armor.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

That's some Miyamoto Musashi tactics right there.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fellis posted:

Pharma CEO just betrayed Nogi I guess, I wonder if he’s working for Toyo or just making a run at the throne for himself. They know Sen is a big threat and this is a good opportunity to get some damage on him.

Too early to tell imo, that medicine Bando took could have side effects.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

We still don't know why he was grinning menacingly just before Gensai vs. Setsuna.

Could he be working with Gensai's CEO?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

So what you're telling me is he is going to use the substitution rule to get himself in the ring.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Oh no, I mean like, he's already doing Flicker stance and everything so I don't know what else he could possibly steal from Gaolang.

Fang is going to befriend Saw after the match.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Begemot posted:

I like how Muteba is shocked even though he's blind. Maybe he heard Agito taking a stance.

Don't forget he's testing out his cyborg eyes before hit next match.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

New chapter

https://mangadex.org/chapter/472652/1

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fang's infinity movement in the beginning reminds of that one Shaq gif.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

RareAcumen posted:

Every Rei fight has been bad.

I got high hopes for Gensai brutally destroying Rei.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Plutonis posted:

I think Sen is hosed because I see Agito trying to do Aikito on him for a bit, saying gently caress this and then caving his skull in with a punch

Yeah like how Bando got Sen into Peak Condition it looks like Gaolang got Agito to stop loving around.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Hell yeah I love The Beatoes.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I hope Mockey gets some punches in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Jose posted:

Seeing as how nobody dies and there is supposed to be a sequel probably not

That doesn't mean anything the sequel could be about Rihito or Jerry Tyson.