Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

He's interesting. Most manga would just leave him as a menacing Africa mercenary. But the genocider from the Congo coast has a more detailed origin as well as several hobbies and passions that go beyond just "is a mercenary" and "is black". An actual 3-dimensional black character is rare in manga. Besides, he's not much more amoral than the typical Kengan Asura character. The tournament has a good share of assassins, battle-crazed maniacs, and serial killers as fighters, with some of the CEOs being just as bad, morally speaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

What? Sekiyabashi fought Kiozan Takeru in round one and Muteba Gizenga in round two.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The preliminary rounds showed that even fodder fighters in the main tournament like Sawada and Rihito can beat a dozen average Kengan fighters without too much trouble. It's just hard to remember that when the main tournament is full of total freaks and once-in-a-generation talents.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It is remarkable how Rei manages to make "assassin wants to leave his past behind and go honest because of love" seem boring.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

It's based upon the urban legends about the real life Aokigahara forest. Aokigahara forest has a normal magnetic field, and it is full of living creatures. To quote the translator

quote:

I chose to transliterate this as Gakigahara instead of translating it as Ghost Forest to strengthen the association with the real-world Aokigahara. I'm guessing that "Mortuary Mountain" is supposed to be a morbid analogue of Mt. Fuji (if you look on the map, it's just about where Fuji is).

Kengan Ashura Japan is way more metal than real Japan.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

CharlestonJew posted:

he was "crushed" by Hassad, not necessarily killed

His head wasn't censored, so I assume he is alive but anime injured.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I can't believe Silverman's gym would be OK with the most roided man on earth.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

RareAcumen posted:

And small side note, did Byo seem bizarrely shrunk all of a sudden to anyone else?

Manga has always been about exaggeration. A panel about how Byo can still help out against the coup will exaggerate his swoleness. A panel about how Byo is retired will exaggerate how he is much less swole than he used to be.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

The art is great at showing the dynamic movement in these fights, and

THE MAN FORMS A FIST ONCE MORE!

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Other tournament arcs need pages of text to explain how a fight flows. Kengan Ashura doesn't. The art stands alone, and it does so proudly.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Mraagvpeine posted:

In the newest chapter of Danberu, someone makes a special guest appearance.

https://mangadex.org/chapter/1020624

I hope one of the new fighters in KO has learned Macho's art of somehow fitting in clothes half the size of his body.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

Finally, we get to see purgatory rules hurt the purgatory fighter. Jurota is too hyped to throw Masakai for a ring out, and he can't kill him either for a win. That makes it really hard for him to deal with Masakai's pain stuff.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

That's part of what I like about Kengan. The evil forces aren't some monolithic block of pure evil. They have as much or more factionalism and in-fighting as our protagonists do.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

In another reminder of how manga numbers are BS, I'd like to remind everyone that Nicolas is officially the same height as Ohma and a kilo heavier than Ryuki.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

I get that Ayoka is built like a tank. But Nicolas looks small compared to him in this match, even with his six pack showing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/GZVfuIn/1/1/

"I hope you will change your impression of Tai Chi after this match"

And then he swaps to other martial arts before half the chapter is done.