Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Rangpur posted:

Well it's not Ohma, and Cosmo seems exceptionally unlikely since he's fighting on behalf of his cousin. Raian, maybe? It's against their code but he clearly gives no fucks.

It's the Kure guy, their clan has no code as said before, they have a sniper targeting their client, and the Kengan Association leader outright said Kure clan guy was stabbing him in the back and no just having his relative compete in the tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jose posted:

Are people actually scared of kiryuu?

No one knows who the gently caress he is outside Ohma and his patrons

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Don't read this if you're not reading raws. Seriously

Agito broke all of Gensai's fingers, but Agito still went down. Hard. Thank loving god, what a boring waste of a character.
https://i.imgur.com/GfDhZjR.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/YSRmZkr.jpg

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Apr 26, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Yeah fixed that. But was pleasantly surprised enough to want to talk with peeps reading raws, thai, or people not caring about spoilers so I kinda rushed it.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

nettruyen does Vietnamese trans but keeps the newest raw up for your reading if you read Japanese. I can read in both so I'm afraid that's as far as I went looking for it. But here's a link if you want it

link=http://www.nettruyen.com/truyen-tranh/tokita-ouma-dau-si-atula/chap-226/378617

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 26, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Easily. Gotta hand it the creators, Agito's gimmick was dumb but he had one good fight and the (second) best fight in the series. But the later was great because Gensai fought smart and actually had the effects of the match on their bodies play out and have consequences. As soon as Agito was yelling "I CAN'T LOSE, I'M THE FANG OF METSUDO" the fight was done but it played out the conclusion and satisfaction to it perfectly

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kanos posted:

He's a boxer, not a kickboxer.

He's a boxer and a Muay Thai master...aka kickboxing

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Finally the 2ch trolls will be proven wrong once and for all

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jose posted:

Lol will the anime end before the English translations reach the end

It's Netflix too, so zero chance on a fire being lit under the fan translaters butts

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Spoilers were here

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Please do not post about spoilers again, thank you.

I posted the spoiler tag on here man, if you add the op no spoilers that'd be nice considering this is far game in literally every other thread with that caveat.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Hypocrisy posted:

Is the implication that Sen ditched a match to let Wakatsuki fight the Fang?

Wakatsuki mentioned before, his other loss came from Sen

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Been waiting for this...THE NOSE KNOWS!!!!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Brought To You By posted:

"You shall perish before our love" :smugjones:

Rei is what happens when you somehow have less presence and group interactions than Ohma. While having nothing really compelling as motivation either. He's got a hard on for a literal pimp. That's why he's fighting in this tourney.

Rei has a Mommy GF, which makes him unique among Fightman and anime characters in general

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

I like Rei, because he's basically just a comedy character who gave up all his ~warrior honor~ because he wants to rest his head in the lap of big boob lady. That one Kure guy (Hollis?) had a funny reaction to it early on.

edit: Speaking of Kure, I wonder how far Hollis (who is, IIRC, the strongest non-Raian Kure) would have gotten in the tournament, since I doubt he would have had Raian's reluctance to use techniques (and he could still use like 80% removal or something). He would have lost to Fang, but he probably could have beaten at least half of the other competitors.

Karla is the strongest actually, having access to 90% Removal

Brought To You By posted:

Having an older woman love interested doesn't really make him stand out compared to the rest of the cast though. Plus this will be the second person he fights that has something real worth fighting for. Mockey wanted to keep the smiles of the children safe. And Saw is fighting for an entire village that took him and his family in. As far as we know Rei is only here because of the power of love and let me tell you, lightning chidori Sasuke here isn't doing himself any favors dissing two of my favorite fighters.

My line was a gag, just like Rei is. He's a young, sexy shonen/fighting game protagonist like Luffy or whatever, who when they actually confront they MILF or femme fatale, actually are just as or more affected by their charms, then vice versa.

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Oct 11, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

tweet my meat posted:

I have to imagine that while Karla and Ryan both have better removal rates, Hollis would be the better fighter due to his experience and temperament.

While I agree, it's noted that Karla is just as loving rare and weird as Raian, having reached the rate she has at 16 and her success at the family training all together. Hell it's stated she be the dominate/ be female Fang or maybe better if the Kengan fighters were all women despite being insanely youthful. As Hollis, who knows? He didn't ever push Raian as far Ohama did, but he wouldn't be the idiot to reveal his trump card so early or continue a fight after he won, and get a surprise rear end whopping

NutritiousSnack fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Oct 11, 2018

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

I want to make a translation note at the end, because while that is Muteba's hobby, it's a very culturally linked one the translators didn't get quie right. He's more specifically is a Les Sapeur, which is specfically Congo fashion movement

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Make that "Sigh...what an amateur" thing an emote

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

The beard!

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Muteba was someone who would be unbeatable if this wasn't a tournament environment and instead normal single fights. He has a bag of lies that he uses on every single opponent to force them to fight in the matches he wants and the diffculty he has in pulling that off is everyone seeing up close, on a day to day basis how he works.

His heart attack move would have hit and KOed every single fighter here, but now he's not only shown it (which in and of itself isn't important) but how he leads into it AKA but faking the relatively easily dodged eye gouges.

EDIT: Gao's the most popular character in the series, let's see what he can do.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Joseance posted:

All 4 brackets had a monster in it so none of them were easy

Turns out the CEO competent enough to get a grandmaster/monster where smart enough to exhausting them (with the exception of Tokyo Power, abit for decent reasons)

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

rihito is very credulous so he is probably the #1 easiest mark the actor could have faced

It's stated in the original storyboards/plans for Kengan Ashura, that the actor would have made it to the third round. He's a LOT stronger than he appears; he just got a bum match up

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Hate-Senpai posted:

No kidding.

Look at this beautiful man right here like holy loving poo poo.

Gaolang's power is maximum

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Kanos posted:

He won specifically because he fought Gaolang in a brutal punch-up for an entire match that involved Gaolang taking multiple brutal headshots, then snuck in a single grapple completely out of nowhere to wrongfoot Gaolang for just a moment, which in turn allowed him to finish it with a strike.

The point is that the only reason why it worked is because of the switch up, not because "oh he could have owned Gaolang at any time if he just used his grapples". Gaolang is a top tier fighter, it's not like he's never fought a dude who can grapple before in his life. Fang is deadly because his adaptation and improvisation makes it incredibly difficult to actually get a read on what he's going to do.

Yeah, Fang was on the ropes a long time and gave up boxing and then went to striking and even throwing before this. It was his tactics that mattered, along with throwing away his pride. If he had done it earlier and just tried to curbstomp him in the fight, he would have lost.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

No one talking about wheelchair bound Kure massacring people

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Meme Emulator posted:

Oh there goes my dream of an international Kengan tournament arc

There is going to be a sequel series/continuation in a few months

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

where the red fern gropes posted:

"i can't afford to take a serious hit from this guy, otherwise i won't be able to beat him

i took a serious hit from this guy. therefore, i can't beat him, so i forfeit"

muteba is not only strong, cool and handsome, he is also very smart

It's more like continuing fighting at this point, win or lose, will cost him in his actual profession as a mercenary. This was a sidejob, why pull a Ohma or Wata here?

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Pierson posted:

Rei had his inner power unlocked by the power of Gettin That Booty

Being Thirsty and getting laid makes you stronger, sorry Ohma.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jose posted:

Wakatsuki has been weirdly obsessed with beating Agito considering he also lost to Sen

There are probably a couple of reasons.

Sen doesn't fight in the same type of style as Wakatsuki; Agito purposefully beat him at his own game. Sen isn't the number one ranked fighter in the Kengan Association, the Fang is

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Jose posted:

idk Fang destroyed his ankle which isn't very Wakatsuki like

Yeah, but he used a striking style to do so...like Wakatsuki because that was a thing until the heavy weight champ clowned on him

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

Mockey guy was the winner of some other underground league, though it was apparently much lamer than the Kengan matches since he got owned.

Not everything can be cool as the MURDERMURDERDEATHMURDER tournament

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

there's one chapter left... maybe....

Sequel/Continuation soon

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Dias posted:

If the sinister foreigners are American capitalists then I'm okay with it.

Folks the villain is Japanese Donald Trump; I think I'm going to extend them to courtesy here of why they'll be the villains in the future

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

Stairmaster posted:

that guy fucks though

donald trump has never hosed

His dumbfuck kids look just like him; he's never given a woman an orgasm while Japanese fight club Trump has

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

this guy has created numerous successful businesses, from scratch, without inherited wealth. he's muscular, eloquent and decisive. he's only similar to trump if you happen to be ben garrison.

He only gets Japanese McDonalds

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

ohma coming back isn't all that surprising now that i think about it. however, raian treating him with respect? raian treating anyone with respect? wtf?

He's probably family now, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

No chapter this week?