Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Yo as brutal as this series is, the little relationship things are super heartwarming and make everything own that much more. I know it's been said a lot but drat do I enjoy the slice of life of this setting and the CEOs/Fighters

Also can't wait for the Kure clan sniper to crossover into the other series

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

there's only one man who can take this primal sumo warrior down

AND HIS NAME IS JUN SEKIBAYASHI

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Yo this series rules. The two page spread with the powerbomb is magnificent

Jun is awesome can't wait to see him hanging out in the slice of life segments

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That was the wrong Kure to crossover where is Kure sniper chick :mad:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Busy hanging out with her cousin while they spy on their client.

Yeah but she keeps texting her pals, which are obviously the danberu girls, gotta have that backstory!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Danberu anime when

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I forgot about the shipping girl and thought this was for the mascot fighter before i read he chapter

That would have been different

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I hope the mockey delinquent gets more screentime in the peanut gallery because he seems like a fun dude when he’s not jobbin

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I R SMART LIKE ROCK posted:

I shotgunned this series over the past week and holy poo poo this is amazing

I agree, you should also read the campanion manga, Kengan Ashura. It’s pretty good too

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/292593/1

For the kissmanga adverse people

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

To me it reads that he became a boxer from muay thai, and I’m guessing that his backstory, like all the other crazy fighters, is that he has been trying to find more competition after mastering muay thai, and boxing just had a wider range of opponents to face.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Fang looks really boring but I'm excited to see him fight, his design is just way less extravagant than expected.

He’s likely been made boring intentionally so it contrasts with his eventual craziness

I don’t think this series can underdo anything, gotta be intentional

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Man y’all are really into the spinoff manga from Danberu, neat

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Smdh y’all forgot about ohma’s cool new fighting shorts already

E: they look really good on him

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’m glad everyone is correctly excited for the best round 2 matchup

E: but when will the next danberu update hit

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’d like an Advance
What for?
The Fang is in town

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Now i see why danberu was started, the author needed an outlet for drawing sexy anime ladies while doing the punchman comic

But it wasn’t enough

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Danberu is the origin story of the sixth fang of metsudo dude

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

how is every character so drat good

quiet Saw Paing is amazing

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

Nor am I in any way awed by the prowess of this pro-tier translation.

He posted later that a google translate quality level is acceptable to him, but admits even G-translate can’t handle japanese.

The way he said “HONOR AMONG MANGA PIRATES HAHAHA” or whatever, that guy def thinks he’s the Jack Sparrow of scan groups lol

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Can’t wait for kazzy to become next chairman

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Plutonis posted:

Yeah, Netflix announced it in june.

W-what about the main comic, Danberu?! :mad:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

That’s a pretty big mixup, the brackets don’t even matter now because there could be tons of changes. Interesting! A lot of the hyped matchups between people on opposite sides of the bracket could now happen before the finals

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

If Hatsumi Sen fucks off somewhere and Nogi forcibly retakes Ohma back, his next three fights could be

Round 2- mystery fighter to replace Bando
Quarterfinal- Kanoh Agito
Semifinal- possibly Setsuna
Final- Julius or Wakatsuki

Kazzy would obviously pick up ADAM DUDLEY, AMERICAN EXTRORDINAIRE to replace the stolen Ohma

There is definitely going to be swapping though, if not this round than next. They’ve said before that endurance through the tournament is important and even the Fang could take enough damage to be beatable. This rule sorta puts a reset button on that if you have talented people in the wings.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I went back to reread some of the earlier chapters and dang the art style has evolved a bunch. Early Cosmo looks completely different.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Ch 125: This is a power level past stonk, I think i’ll call it Stonk 2

Ch 125.5: ...and this is to go...even further beyond!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

When Cosmo wins I hope they put both of these psychos in prison.

Why would they put some corpses in prison? Cosmo’s gearing up for his first kill man, that’s what his teacher was trying to teach him

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

Seems like every round there's a short-term personal peril to Kazzy at stake. Round one was the ten Penasonic TVs, and this round it's his son's life. How are they going to keep raising the stakes in Round Three and beyond?

Ohma can’t fight so Kazzy has to. Matches are completely decided by if he can get the fix in because whatever psychopath he’s up against will mulch him immediately

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

It’s implied when he uses it in his early pre-tournament fights too, he’s in a room with a ton of candles and blows a lot of them out

Highly recommend a re-read of pre-tournament btw, it goes fast and the design changes are interesting. Also interesting was no explanation why Nogi chooses Kazzy for this job. I’m thinking some reveal that Nogi knows about his son also.

There were also design notes that stated Kazzy has glasses just to make his facial expression more varied, and I think that has been extremely successful.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Man that chapter had so many good bits there’s too many to call out.

Except, gently caress yeah Kazzy!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

I can’t get over just how much the art style changed. I think it looks better currently, but still.

I mean its been 100 chapters or so? I dunno what other works this artist has done, if any, but drawing professionally with feedback from editors for a few years is bound to give you some improvements/changes in your style.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Waka is going to lose because he is desperate to fight Agito but ohma is going to the finals on this side of the bracket, so after waka loses he can go fight for Whoever is up against Agito next

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Muteba can’t read

cause he’s blind :downs:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Julius loving killed an F1 racecar driver in an F1 Car for an exercise warmup

He’s hype as gently caress

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Stay safe in the next match Jun :ohdear:

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I think it would have been interesting if the backstage CEO conversation had been a bit more ambiguous and we would have to wonder if Jun was intentionally jobbing and if Gundai and Heavy Power were working together. He certainly has the acting chops to sell the fight performance.

Then Jun shows up on the other side of the bracket via the substitution rules of course.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I let out an audible gasp and paused on the page where it looked like Muteba had gouged Jun’s eyes out. But I did not have enough Faith in pro wrestling and drat it is impressibe how the author is making this fight dramatic

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

Nice finish.

Tactics wins the day again.

And strategy! Muteba being brutal with his fighting all along to distract from some of his more dangerous one-hit-kill attacks is impressive. And his line about finally being able to fight as a warrior means he probably has some more power to pull out for the watasuki, especially because I think we don’t know how he lost his sight or what he was doing before he became an assassin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

I’m glad that there will be another Kengan Ashura arc starting up, because Hibiki and Machio need some time in the main comic