Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
Wasnt there a scene a while back of wakatsukis CEO meeting Hayami that never got resolved? Its possible Hayami is going to do something tricky and wakatsuki wont get to fight Julius at all. Obviously the manga isnt going to end without wakatsuki getting another fight but i suspect some crazy stuff is going to happen towards the end and therell be fights outside of the tournament

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
Gaolang is badass and i wish he could win this one but he wont

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
I was really thinking wakatsuki would win before this fight started but now it feels like we've seen all wakatsuki's backstory and techniques while muteba is a lot more mysterious. also it seems like this fight is already playing out the same way wakatsuki vs. ohma would have to, i dont know where that matchup could go besides ohma having to outthink wakatsuki and avoid getting into a slugfest. i think the author is smart enough not to repeat things like that so if wakatsuki wins theres going to have to be some kind of massive change in his fighting style. like maybe muteba cripples him in some way

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
In the marvelous seki fight it seemed like muteba was getting more into it and his attitude towards the kengan matches was changing to resemble that of the other fighters. i guess fighting wakatsuki is a lot less fun though

I hadnt thought about it like this before but thats a testament to sekis skill as a performer... he was able to get a cold and pragmatic fighter to warm up and enjoy the fight for its own sake. Muteba may have won the match but seki won his heart and ours.

e: and he also made muteba cool since he wasnt that interesting in his 1st fight. thats the mark of a great heel, he pumps the audience up for his opponent.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

Something I like about this comic is that it is such concentrated martial arts battle manga bullshit that it almost feels kind of academic in how it demonstrates stuff.

That being said, I have to say, I definitely prefer more out of left field abilities like Doc's body mods and Muteba's Daredevil senses to increasingly granular methods for counters. Realism was kind of thrown out from the moment we had a berserker mode for Ohma, so the more conservative special abilities feel kind of like being lazy in the name of some faulty sense of realism. Either that, or it's all just setup for one big "BUT WHAT IF THE ULTIMATE ABILITY IS BEING TOTALLY UNPREDICTABLE?" bullshit, which would also be boring. That was entertaining to me approximately once, in a Deadpool comic from 1997

I'm not saying I necessarily want full bore fighting game insanity but like... okay maybe I want that, but for a slightly less crazy fighting game? Like maybe Soul Edge levels, there were no beams in that and only one 100% supernatural entity

Personally i think its cool how all the guys with super modes and ultimate finishing moves have lost to people who just have good punching technique and/or can punch really hard

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
in the gensai vs the fang match the fang is going to power up an attack and someone in the audience is going to go, Wait... is he going to use... that technique? and then before he can do anything gensai punches him in the face and kills him instantly.

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
The fang is cool its just that he has become somewhat less cool as the manga progresses, rather than more cool like gensai, and its kind of a bummer

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
The cop was a good villain and if hes killed or maimed i dont want it to happen offscreen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

halleys comet
Feb 29, 2012
We saw kenzo meeting him at the end of kengan ashura so im expecting a new and improved bando with laser eyes and acid for blood