Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

God. I've read the raws for this chapter already but I still went :stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Kazuo screaming "YEAAAAH" is me every chapter of this match

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah, Kengan Ashura has some of the most dynamic fights I've seen in any manga, not surprised to hear they do a lot of demos and stuff. Every page of a fight just hits you in the face and hooks you in and it's why I love this manga so much

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Hypocrisy posted:

I believe in Rihito.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I'm pretty sure Chiba is jobbing but knowing Kengan Asura we can't actually know that for sure. And I love that about this series.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

:gonk: Jesus loving Christ

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

This manga really knows how to hit it where it hurts, jesus

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

gently caress yeaaaah

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

Really doubt Cosmo will be fighting in the next round, considering his injuries. The better question to ask is which fighter will sub for him.... Who would be most kick-rear end opponent for Ohma at that point?

Tbh it's probably gonna be Setsuna

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Okay but what about all that property damage huh

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

lose already rei you absolute tool

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's funny that I actually like Rei outside of this fight, he's a take on the usually tired, pretty :jerkbag: "badass young hot assassin who gave up killing for love" character that becomes humorous because he's framed as this huge baby who only wants to bury his head in big boobs. It's an entertaining schtick because the story doesn't really take him seriously. So I guess that's why when his character is entirely played straight during this fight I immediately turned on him and rolled my eyes all the way through.

blizzardvizard fucked around with this message at 03:46 on Oct 15, 2018

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

It's not over yet

I BELIEVE

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Sen is supposed to go up against Bando, but Bando's counting his hours so chances are someone's gonna substitute in his stead. Could be anyone.

Also, Gensai is a bit too mysterious to lose now, and this manga is too well-written to just abruptly dump his whole backstory in the middle of the fight and have him lose afterwards... I think. :ohdear:

I still want to believe

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah uh I know this isn't the most realistic manga but all of that is stretching suspension of disbelief too much for my tastes

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

aww yeaaaah

this chapter is jam-packed with action but i'll give a shout out to the moment where setsuna tries to flick blood at gensai's eyes, only for gensai to unflinchingly keep them open

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Rihito becoming Gensai's disciple makes perfect sense given that their killer moves have similar principles, we should've seen it coming a mile away.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Agito's pure glee at anything related to fighting is actually kind of childlike, and I daresay... cute?

Also while this is a nice gesture from Kazzy, he should know that there is no way Ohma will take it just like that, and the substitute rule just means Ohma can still find an opportunity to get back in the ring anyway.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Highroller girl is gonna buy out an existing competing company in the middle of the tournament and go on to become the chairman

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Be safe Saw :ohdear:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

God loving drat. :f5:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I mean I expected it but it kinda felt like the other kid on the playground just going "nuh-uh you lose now"

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Okay let's see...

Cosmo vs Ohma: Cosmo's character arc is kinda concluded already with the cop, plus Ohma is the protagonist, so Ohma should win... if the match happens. This is a pretty weird matchup, since after Raian, Cosmo isn't gonna feel like as dramatic an opponent, since he's the "underdog" type of fighter. So the sense of escalation isn't there. So due to that I'm gonna make a left-field prediction that someone is gonna sub for either of the fighter - more likely that someone is going to sub for Ohma on account of him still being comatose. Who'll probably then beat Cosmo.

Wakatsuki vs Muteba: I feel like this could go either way, but I'm gonna go with Muteba since the writer seems to have some bigger plans with him and his employer, while Wakatsuki's story is basically all laid on the table already.

Gensai vs Rei: I feel like at this point, no amount of backstory is gonna flesh Rei enough to be able to match Gensai, so I'm gonna go with Gensai winning here. I get the sense that Gensai is the creators' pet character too, so I don't think he's gonna exit before the semifinals, at least.

Sen vs Agito: This chapter seems to be subtly hinting that Agito isn't as invincible as he's made out to be, to probably build up to Agito's eventual loss, so... I'm gonna go with Sen winning here?

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I want to hear Saw's singing

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

https://mangadex.org/chapter/477957

That came out of nowhere

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Oh, are we heading into battle manga territory now? I'm not complaining though :dance:

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Awww yeaaaa

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Look I'm just saying openly declaring war on literally the entire world might not be the smartest plan no matter how strong your troupe of personal bodyguards is

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Suspicious Lump posted:

That flash back which showed village CEO, Metsuda and Hayami (toyo) as buddies brings up even more questions about him. What the hell kind of village is it that he was best buddies with the two most powerful kengan members.

The Village of Dawn must either spawn some super powerful fighters or they must control something to make them a member of kengan.

Assuming they are in fact controlling something, having 200 km square of land but only 400 residents could imply some sort of big plantation or farm? The most obvious assumption would be marijuana or something like that

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Going back to the tournament after all this poo poo is done is gonna be weird

Or rather maybe this whole thing is an excuse for the top 8 to "power up" before their quarter finals

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Muteba x Sekibayashi OTP

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I didn't expect us to get a very technical match in the semifinals, but this is surprisingly engaging

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Muteba is going to win because the CEO girl needs to be a millionaire

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Mindblast posted:

I know that we're doubting that the queen bee actually likes Rei as a person, but her hesitation to use her ability on him suggests that she might actually care(and shows that she never used it to gain his loyalty). It would be cool if this doesn't turn into a classic "you're of no use to me anymore. goodbye" cliche.

From what we've seen of Rino so far I don't think she's gonna take a left turn and do that, (also the fact that the number of villainous women in this manga has been zero) but I doubt that she reciprocates Rei's feelings.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Yeah, I mean Tomari is ruthless and ambitious, but in the context of the manga itself she's definitely portrayed in a positive light, as a badass take-charge CEO rather than some rear end in a top hat

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I love that Rihito's eyes were already filled with trepidation in the first panel, as though it's happened a lot

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

:stare:

I didn't expect the match to be so one-sided! I'm 100% hyped for Fang vs Gensai now, though

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I forgot that the semifinals are happening on the same day, that's nuts.

I thought it was strange that the quarterfinal matches weren't as... bloody as the previous ones, but now it makes sense.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

I don't know how the hell Ohma's gonna take on Wakatsuki after fighting Kiryu. Maybe we'll finally see our first substitution? (Yes this has been said multiple times before but still)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012