Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This series is extremely good.

A Baki for the modern age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I love how affable the Kure clan is. I'd read a spin-off that was just a slice of life about this huge, goofy assassin family.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I hope the priest wins because there are already enough Kures running around and Raian seems like the most boring one.

Also I really like the name Mokichi Robinson.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

Same here, Rihito owns. I feel like if he were more creative there are a lot of ways he could use his superhuman fingers/grip strength.

Yeah, hopefully he learned from his loss to Ohma and developed more techniques than "give 'em a pinch".

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

"Maybe some sort of a gi with... short pants?"

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Jfc, his using bartitsu is just ... :allears:

Also, from what I know bartitsu is heavily cane-focused, since all respectable men carried canes back then.

I bet that's the counter-powerup he uses to beat Raian :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mokichi definitely still has an ace up his sleeve. Before the fight the chairman kept talking about his bloodline, but he's not a descendant of the guy who invented baritsu, just one of the last practitioners.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Well then.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Jose posted:

That was brutal. Is the fang of metsudo the guy who kicked the person off the boat?

Nah, those were the bodyguards, who were later effortlessly killed by that guy who's obsessed with the main character (it's been so long since he was in focus I've honestly forgotten his name). We haven't seen the Fang actually do anything yet, but he's the reigning champion so it's safe to assume he's pretty tough.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Really loving everyone complimenting Ohma's new shorts.

This is gonna be a fun fight just for the teen CEO's reactions alone.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This manga is the story of him becoming like Chairman Metsudo. Fabulously wealthy, and even though he doesn't fight his sheer force of will is overpowering.

Also Ohma gets revenge or whatever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eopia posted:

Since Yamashita isn't allowed to have nice things either Ohma is going to lose this fight or something will happen that either prevents him from getting or causes him to lose his payout.

Penasonic will go bankrupt, and the shares he wins will be worthless. It's too early for Ohma to get knocked out.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Inaba's hair powers were cool, and Ohma's victory was a sure thing from the beginning so I don't really mind how he won.

But yeah the more entertaining things were tangential to the fight itself.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It seems perfectly appropriate for this fight to end in one punch. We already know Watatsuki is gonna be a major player, and this other guy doesn't know martial arts. It demonstrates how much of a monster both of them are without revealing Watatsuki's secret techniques or whatever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eopia posted:

So how many chapters are the scanlations behind by, and why are they sticking to a 1/week schedule when they're not even close to caught up anyway?

We're like a hundred chapters behind, and presumably because they have other projects and a regular schedule keeps people visiting their site or donating or whatever.

Hopefully some inane person will come along and catch us up some day, like what happened with Kingdom or HELCK.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Oh whoops, I mean "some insane person," not inane.

And I will say that I appreciate how the weekly chapters are very well done. Nice cleaning and text and good scans, good grammar, just a nice job overall. It's frustrating being so behind but I prefer it to a rush job overall.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ytlaya posted:

Pfft, I think the decathlon guy is out of his league. Wakatsuki wasn't bothered much at all by his blows (I'm assuming this is the fight that just got translated?).

Wakatsuki literally said he was impressed by how strong decathlon guy was at the end of the chapter. And last time said he had to go all-out from the start to stand a chance.

Dude was real strong.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I'm glad Sawada gets to fight after all. And that he's actually strong. It feels like he's been treated as such a joke character would be lame if he got taken out in one punch by Julius or whatever.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That was adorable :3:

So manga editors do have a limit for how extreme the fanservice can be. After Kenichi I figured literally anything went.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Prediction: Kazuo is substituted for Ohma in the final match of the tournament. And wins.

I don't think it'll be the final match, but that has to happen at least once.

Kazuo being accidentally (or unknowingly, anyway) super competent is one of those jokes that never gets old :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

This fight feels like a real tossup. Ginzega is definitely more interesting so far so I'm rooting for him, I guess. Having an african mercenary called THE GENOCIDER is in such spectacularly bad taste that it wraps back around to being kind of funny.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Eh, I think Muteba remains the more interesting of two kinda boring murder dudes. Especially if he's blind.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Plutonis posted:

Why do I feel Masaki will survive this somehow

It would be hilarious if this turned out to be the One Piece of bloody, graphic seining fighting manga. Turns out Ohma's master is alive too, he just couldn't fight anymore so didn't tell anyone.

That fight turned out much better than I thought it would be. Now to get hyped for more Sekibayashi!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Lord of Hats posted:

Looking back on it, Masaki lost that fight super hard. He managed a throw on Muteba early on, choked him for a little bit, and gouged out his already-useless eyes, and bit his arm. Everything else was Muteba dunking on him repeatedly.

It was a fight between a man with no sense of self-preservation and a professional killer. Couldn't have gone any other way, really.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I cannot wait to see Jun destroy this sumo man.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

That's why they call him Kazzy the Mark.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I believe

in Sekibayashi Jun's acting skills.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Pewdiepie posted:

I wish this series had a much stricter editor so that we could cut the crap and not still be reading this tournament arc in 2022.

This series is the tournament. There's nothing to "get to" after this. There's no crap to cut, if you're not enjoying the tournament, stop reading.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've kind of assumed that the entire plan for the series is this tournament arc. Where would you even go from here?

Then it's just a slice of life comedy about Kazuo running the Kengan Association.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Ohma's actual martial arts are pretty cool. What with them being all about redirecting force, to the extreme of his teacher being introduced redirecting a bullet with his fist.

But the super mode is definitely pretty boring. Hopefully it gets canceled out during the Raian fight by his bullshit super mode and they have to have a real fight :v:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mary Annette posted:

I believe in pro wrestling

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

What an amazing ending for an amazing fight.

I can't wait to see Jun educating Haruo in the art of pro wrestling!

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Y'all are crazy if you think Ohma isn't gonna win the tournament.

If only because it's the only way Kazuo ends up as leader of the Kengan Association. Which simply has to happen, it's the law of comedy.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Sarcophallus posted:

I guess there's only one thing for it: Nogi has to die.

Or get intimidated into dropping out by scarface or some other unforeseen event.

Oh, or how about Kazuo tries to give the chairmanship to Nogi, but everyone respects his incredible acumen and fighting spirit too much and won't let him. They never give him an opportunity.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

It's either Julius or The Fang of Metsudo :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Poor Ohma is gonna end up in a love triangle he has no interest in :allears:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

Probably something about his super mode, Ohma himself said he was taking out an advance when he used it against Jun, so it's probably killing him.

Yeah I just took that as the standard "super mode burning out your life force!" shonen thing.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Hate-Senpai posted:

Man this was a really good chapter, I really liked imagination NIko pointing out that the advance isn't very useful against people like Sekibayashi, who didn't take much damage from it.

Also wow, a new plot thread about who this advance teaching dude is. I'm hyped.

Maybe it's a kure guy and his super mode is actually the same as theirs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I believe in fishing grandpa.

He looks v. strong.