Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I wonder what it was that got them popular enough for that to happen.

it won that online survey the publisher runs, which usually results in an anime adaptation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Seems like everyone assumed the anime would be on TV, but just for confirmation's sake the newest volume had an announcement confirming a TV broadcast.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

post the spoilers openly

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a raws only thread doesn't seem sustainable, so a minor derail where the marked spoilers were pretty obviously given the context of "these are for raws" is not a big deal

obviously if you start up the raw discussion you should label that spoiler, and maybe continue to do so

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the same would apply to the spoilers that show up when new chapters release though

e: i just figure the raw readers should have the opportunity to discuss in here on occasion, but maybe they don't care. if raw spoilers are marked appropriately they're only as risky as any other spoiler

dogsicle fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Apr 27, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Zep posted about it earlier, try this

Hate-Senpai posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KissManga/comments/8d5hyt/adblock_blocking_all_manga_images/

I followed this thread's advice and added these to my uBlock Origin filter and it doesn't pop up anymore.

@@||2.bp.blogspot.com^$image,domain=kissmanga.com
@@||*$image,domain=kissmanga.com
kissmanga.com##script:inject(bab-defuser.js)

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i'd rather the anime be one and done since i doubt they'd switch from cg to hand drawn between seasons, and i'm still incredibly skeptical of it being a good cg show in the first place

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i would say don't even post tagged spoilers for that poo poo, if you were considering it at all

PMs seem fine

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i mean it's also cg so there's that

i'm only optimistic because Seiji Kishi seems to genuinely love the series/martial arts in general so he'll definitely be trying his hardest with it

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

even ignoring the cg, why is everything all washed out? incredibly boring choice for a visual style

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

boy that sure still looks brown and washed out

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

cg anime isn't even always cheaper

part of the reason Netflix has a ton of it is because they have a good relationship with Polygon Pictures, a large cg studio. based on the performance of stuff like Knights of Sidonia they probably see value in it and animators certainly want to keep making it so they can advance the form. i can even see why you'd pick it for a martial arts show but the post-processing on this is awful and the characters look like dolls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

bottom right is himuro

man wakatsuki and gensai look especially awful here, jesus

e: oh wait is bottom right gaolang, probably