Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I read ahead since you guys mentioned the raws were available and man am I glad the author still knew how to have fun with this series. It goes places man.

Fatality!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

Next fight is gonna be legit duel of the superforms. Cause Kure dude needs to but out more than just I AM USING ALL MY MUSCLES against ohma to stand a chance.

Yeah, cuz if not it's just gonna come down to which one of them has the superior Bankai final form.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When did the doctor first appear? I don't remember him at all before part 62.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

McTimmy posted:

Chapter 39. Which also contains like half of the fighters' debuts.

Well that's helpful. I can't even remember which murderer won the fight to be considered.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

i want to see kazuo accidentally get put into one of the fights

He will fight the Fang of Metsudo and win because you can't kill a man who's already dead inside.

Literally, it can't be done. It's like trying to kill a zombie by making it OD on pills.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

The running gags of (a) everyone having King-like levels of misunderstanding about Kazuo, and (b) all the women falling for Ohma, and him being completely oblivious to it, never ever gets old. :allears:

Misunderstandings X Violence X Power

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Huh, this took a turn. Mugabe's got more fans than Ohma, somehow.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wow, I can't believe he was literally all about that murder his whole life. Hopefully he doesn't win this one!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

I think his backstory seals things for a muteba win.

I hope it does! We've seen less of him than we have Jun but I'd still be delighted if this was the last block of serious focus he got in the story.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe this fight ends with Meguro literally eating his opponent whole like a Kirby enemy.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Boy that's a relief.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Place yer bets!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

My money's on Heihachi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

i get the feeling this is going to be the best fight in the series so far

Don't be hasty now, Wei Shen and Liu Kang haven't even shown up yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Place yer bets!

Door number 3 has been opened to reveal a goat, would you like to change your bet or stay?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Do you guys think it's gonna go the same way after this fight or we're gonna start with Agito and Naoya?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

That being said, I wouldn't mind having some idea of what the hell Medicine Man is planning.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

I've kind of assumed that the entire plan for the series is this tournament arc. Where would you even go from here?

Fantasy. Werewolves, Vampires, ogres, trolls.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Even so I don't think there were many surprises so far, if only because the left side had like, 5 guys so far who were either really heavy favorites or built up well before the tournament. (Ohma, Raian, Cosmo, Takeshi, Julius)

Come on man, you're leaving out Sekibayashi, Setsuna, and Mikazuchi.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Piriwi posted:

I think that even the writer doesn't know that yet.

I'm pretty sure this manga is finished already but just not in English yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo I was so wrong, I thought this was finished.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Where is your unshakeable faith in Jun now peons?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I skimmed the raws but this was way back and I only got as far as Raian fighting that dude and him waking up under the doctor's care before I gave up since I couldn't tell what anyone was saying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mikazuchi Rei snuck up on Ohma, Hatsumi Sen and I wanna say someone else in an earlier appearance so we know he's either fast, or just really hard to track.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Neat that that fight has demonstrated that Nogi's original choice of representative also wouldn't even be able to damage the Hell's Angel Sekibayashi Jun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Please don't spoil unreleased chapters.

He's lying. They're actually defeated by WWE CHAMP JOHN CENA IN THE WWE SUUUUUUUPERSLAM!!! And then suddenly...AN RKO OUT OF NOWHERE?! BUT WHO COULD POSSIBLY-

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Oh gently caress, even in his combat headspace, Ohma can't shake his intimidation of Kazuo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

im glad they got official permission to let their oc win a fight against ryu, that's living the dream right there

Yeah, Kazuo is even in there being better at reading the fight than Sakura. Is that canon? I mean, I'm assuming she's better than Dan but I can't say I know much about any of the characters in SF.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

i'm rereading ohma's fight and i wonder why the doctor thinks he'll die soon

I mean, he doesn't seem like he eats a balanced diet, he's basically just looking for any good fight he can get himself into, and nothing about Advance looks healthy pr natural in any way.

Dude's gotta be burning the candle at both ends.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm stunned that Ohma would ever forget anyone who taught him a fighting technique that he used regularly.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's confused about it too. ohma having an unreliable memory hasn't come up before now.

He must've got a concussion when Jun suplexed him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I still think Sakamoto can win this.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

He's the Orgami Killer?!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe it was Jason Todd after all. Who could've seen that one coming?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

For a guy who's not a martial artist, Karo's pulling off some real crazy bullshit here.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder what it was that got them popular enough for that to happen.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Man, Muteba is getting a ton of work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

GoldenPrice posted:

And we just talked last week how this manga does a good job giving even the obvious jobbers a good fight, what a terrible chapter.

Never count your chickens before they hatch. :smuggo:

Hey, what chapter was buff kindergartener Wakatsuki on?

edit2: Found it, chapter 64

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Dec 21, 2017

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

You guys haven't gotten to Rihito's fight yet, right?

We just got to Mockey Mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wait, people were scared of Gensai? I totally missed that.