Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zerilan posted:

Rihito is probably going to give mockey dude competition for being the biggest jobber. Also think Gao wins because he looks like he'd be a better matchup vs Fang.

Gao's been getting some hype so he'll probably make it. Or they'll murder him like that old 'God of War' on the boat. Who knows.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Dec 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

RatHat posted:

Uhhh was this actually revealed yet? It’s a minor spoiler but still.

I read through a bunch of the comic looking for a panel, I could've sworn that was mentioned somewhere.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wish it was Muteba vs Raian.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Holy poo poo, Mikazuchi is so fast that Yoroizuka actually used his inside voice for a moment.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Finally, we can start seeing why this man, who has had no Kengan matches before now, is getting so much hype alongside the likes of the Kure assassin, Wakatsuki, Muteba, and the Fang himself.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

JosephWongKS posted:

To quote myself from Chapter 81:

Weird claim to make when the dude's deaf as gently caress.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Was Kuroki's goatee always supposed to be so thick? What the hell happened?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe after weird freaks like Kiryu and Inaba, the third guy that people are scared of is just using Karate with rock-breaking hands.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

Are people actually scared of kiryuu?

I'm not saying anyone's scared of him, I'm saying that spiral poo poo he does to people's bodies is loving weird. Like Inaba being able to control his hair is weird.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gensai's too overconfident. He'll have no defense from Rihito gouging out his eye now.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

It's time for the grudge match of the century!!!!

http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Kengan-Ashua/Vol--013-Ch-101---Government?id=412184

THE MAD DOCTOR VERSUS THE MAD MED STUDENT.

oh gently caress, this is gonne be so gruesome. They're gonna be shutting down and overclocking organs left and right

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

That image of the broken fingers really got to me somehow. Gave me the heebie-jeebies.

This is shaping up to be another Mutembe vs Meguro.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't wait for it to turn that Agito has a gun in his leg.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Electric Phantasm posted:

I feel like whoever wins this match could make it to the finals. How is a normal fighter even supposed to deal with either of them?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm so glad this fight is over and I don't have to look at Hanafusa's broken fingers anymore.

Not happy about this adblock blocking thing Kissmanga's doing though but at least it's not making pop-ups. Yet.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

https://www.reddit.com/r/KissManga/comments/8d5hyt/adblock_blocking_all_manga_images/

I followed this thread's advice and added these to my uBlock Origin filter and it doesn't pop up anymore.

@@||2.bp.blogspot.com^$image,domain=kissmanga.com
@@||*$image,domain=kissmanga.com
kissmanga.com##script:inject(bab-defuser.js)

Oh, much appreciated! I tried to find a solution myself and failed.

IceBorg posted:

Just use mangadex, I still dunno why people use kissmanga and keep linking it here, it's the only thread I check where people do it all the time.

Eh, I found it first and I'm already terrible at clearing out my youtube video backlog so transferring all the manga I follow to another site sounds like a lot of work.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i haven't seen a single kengan fighter who could compare to one punch gal

Who?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

looking forward to seeing the Fang next round

What the gently caress is that outfit he's in tho :roflolmao:

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Since when was Ohma a cocky jerkball? Yeah, let's wander around throwing shade all of a sudden.

Ah yes, known not-cocky shonen protagonist Tokita Ohma

Ohma's a good boy who's suffering from brain damage.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Mirage posted:

Yeah, okay, good point. I haven't read all the way through in a while. Mostly I was remembering his more low-key personality as he dealt with Kazzy.

He ain't got no animosity with Kazzy so he doesn't have to be rude. Plus he respects him greatly. Which is why he refers to him by his full name and stepped in to stomp all over that deal with Penasonic (Or whatever the hair guy's company was called.)

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

where the red fern gropes posted:

oh man which one was the chapter where he asked for like 10 or 25 panasonics or something

Chapter 58, going off of Kissmanga.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

I am really excited for round 2. All the jobbers and weaker fighters have been discarded, now it's time for the real contenders to duke it out. Hell's angel vs the strongest creature in Africa is the match I'm most looking forward too. The embodiment of wrestling vs the daredevil assassin, that's the stuff of dreams.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Mutembe reveals that he's been fighting in the Kumite since he was 14 and starts tearing Jun's organs out

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

the tournament is great and all, but i'd rather like to know just what the heck is up with ohma

Same here. I need to reread this too because I can't remember who the super bodyguards on the island were and who the new invaders are anymore.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

When he was meditating and we found out that Awakening wasn't a technique Niko taught him he told him that he's been neglecting like half of the styles he taught him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

I like the fact that Agito is so powerful and feared everyone refers to all the top tier fighters as "Agito level"

Well yeah, they call everyone Agito level fighters because they look at them and think they might be able to beat the Fang.

Brought To You By posted:

Phantom Niko then noted that something is different from "then". Regarding Ohma's aptitude or training of the 4 katas. So it's possible that he's actually mastered the other two katas as well and just isn't using them. Ohma's a mess though mentally so that's probably related to why he's only using his past proficiencies as well as defaulting to the advance when in a tight spot.

The Flame and Redirection katas are a lot more aggressive than the Water and Adamantine katas so that might have something to do with it. Although, all the face bleeding might've made him more aggressive than he used to be so he just doesn't use them anymore. Like how when he's using the Advance he can't use any martial arts at all.

edit: Oh it was called Advance. Not Awakening. Alright.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Venuz Patrol posted:

the misogynist cop guy is going to get instantly beheaded by cosmo

I don't know what manga you've been reading but that dude's got like 60 lbs and seven inches on Cosmo.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

CharlestonJew posted:

So did Adam "loving" Dudley and see how that ended for him

Yeah, but Cosmo still didn't take that dude's head off.

And neither did Sawada!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

EmmyOk posted:

Your life rights are revoked if you support cop over Cosmo

I don't support the loving cop, I just don't think Cosmo has him beat if it came down to who can punch harder than the other or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I'm glad that Ohma is dead and Haruo made it back to his home planet.

Also that Raian got ate by that werewolf. That was good.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, Agito's clearly gonna murder Jun.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I hope Cosmo kills the cop and doesn't accidentally befriend him like he did with the Dudmeister.

Also, what's Zetton? My mind immediately goes to Disgaea but I doubt that that's it.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

OnimaruXLR posted:

The last boss from the original Ultraman TV series

Oh, Ultraman, I am extremely not familiar with that so no wonder.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't believe that we've been seeing diet Ohma this whole time. Weird that it seems that he was giving Niko trouble back in the past. If that was him and not some random harem protagonist.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Stairmaster posted:

I think cosmos is shaking cause he's lost a lot of blood

He's shaking because this is his Gohan vs Cell fight.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SMH at you all with your 'phyyric victory' and 'Cosmo's gonna lose' snark. Sure, it's not going to be a painless victory like Wakatsuki and Gensai did but have some faith in the boy. Once he's convinced that Akoya means to kill him he'll pull out his True secret technique.

And hopefully kill him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Your belief in Cosmo should be equal or greater to how angry Adam is about this whole situation.

God, I hope Cosmo fucks up and accidentally kills him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Jose posted:

i think there is a reasonable chance of that since he was unexpectedly drawn into a fight where he might die

One can only hope!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fantastic Flyer posted:

Jesus Christ.

Normally I reread a chapter once or twice after it comes out but I think this one will be hard pass.

Yeah, this and the Bando fight were like Tomb Raider (2013) death cutscenes.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Hate-Senpai posted:

It's your daily Kengan Asura AND your daily Kengan Asura side story chapter!

That's right, two loving chapters today!

https://mangadex.org/chapter/450613/1
https://mangadex.org/chapter/450614/1

Y'know, I was about to say that I can't believe that they made Akoya's backstory more upsetting than any of the assassins running around in this tournament but then I remembered that he's a cop.

Despite being a homophobic piece of poo poo, Adam's right, gently caress this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

What suddenly allowed them to tear through translating like this? Someone posted the explanation but I couldn't find it myself.

I was super prepared to be reading this for the next three years.