Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Um, Cosmo was not only willingly participating in illegal bloodsport tournament, he knowingly assaulted a police officer and then resisted arrest. Akoya's actions were clearly justified self-defense and he should get a medal. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
The sub rule won't be used even once. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Artelier posted:

I also love the reaction shots of everyone watching the final moment of the fight. He's made the most friends, and they were rooting for him.

Especially his best friend, murdercop.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
New chapter!

Wakatsuki grappling now.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My favorite thing about the chapter was the fact that shark-toothed lady is a fan of Predator.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Setsuna just delayed the ownage of Rei by another chapter. He truly is the worst.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Gensai does not give a single gently caress about stupid magic kung-fu bullshit and its great. :allears:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Dec 1, 2018

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm glad we got confirmation that Gensai's counter to Rei is "Don't mind me, I just place my fist here, it wont be my fault if you run into it".

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

team overhead smash posted:

Does jobber mean something different from what I think it means?

For Gensai, it's specifically that the way he is designed - a huge bear of a man with magnificent beard, and the way he is introduced - a powerful and well-respected martial arts master with no real issues to overcome or connection to a plot point, pretty much scream that after showing how strong he is, he will then lose to some like Setsuna or Rei (or Ohma) to establish that they are the new hotness. Everything around him just scream "textbook jobber character". Except, instead he just massacres everyone without breaking a sweat, hence the whole "most powerful jobber" joke.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I'm really liking chill Ohma. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jose posted:

he'd be a terrible at it he's so lazy lol

And in this important battle, FANG OF METSUDOOOO!!!!.....didn't bother to appear, so I guess he loses by default?

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

kazzy is probably the descendant of a lord, in which case nogi would be the descendant of a retainer, or if things get really silly maybe a ninja. nogi is trying to install kazzy as chairman despite kazzy's own wishes and how terrible an idea that is in general.

The last panel of manga is Kazzy sitting on the throne of Kengan Association as his face twists into devious grin and he murmurs "everything went exactly as planned". He is then main villain in the sequel.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yeah, ok Fang vs. Sen, whatever. I want to know what happens next at Kure family bingo!

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Suspicious Lump posted:

fix the link so it doesnt go to the last page.

Yeah, I was VERY confused for a while.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
So Tokita Niko mastered ancient martial arts of body-hopping? Pretty good for final villain. Hope this misunderstanding between Ohma and Setsuna will get cleared soon. :ohdear:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Formless style as he was using it, that is fight a guy until you learn to perform his fighting style and then beat him at his own game, was silly thing that held him back. Formless style used at its full potential, as in Fang being a master at pretty much every fighting style and seamlessly switching between them according to what is most advantageous in a given situation is crazy strong and it was how Fang managed to defeat Gao-lang. Fang just won't use it in that way because he is a dumb-rear end and considers it cheating and was disgusted with himself that he was forced it use that way to defeat Gao-lang, which is why he rather switched styles than being forced to use the full potential of Formless style or lose.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

No Wave posted:

The whole reaction time thing was why he had to drop formless entirely I thought.

Yeah, as it turns out, when you stop trying to learn your opponents fighting style mid-fight and use the freed mental capacity to pay attention to actual fight instead, you reaction time and ability to predict your opponent increase, who would have thought. :v:

I mean its not like all the techniques he learn while using Formless style disappeared and he can never use them again. Or that he is somehow unable to use prediction of his opponent attack to perform throw instead of a punch. In-fact, I won't be surprised if combining his pre-counter with Formless style will be the way how he beats Gensai (if he beats Gensai).

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

fabiopenz posted:

The way the manga describes it Fang abandoned formless so that he would have less possible moves and thus react faster not because of the copying.

Yeah, I reread Hatsumi's fight and you are right. Now I'm annoyed that the manga frames it as the reason he gained his foresight was sacrificing his flexibility and reducing the number of possible moves he makes, when he was using Formless only to mimic his opponent style and thus not really being very flexible anyway. Nor was he always thinking about hundreds of possible moves he can make because the manga was pretty explicit that his mental process was - what is my opponent using? -> use that but better. :v:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jose posted:

the niko style has a lot of bullshit in it but a technique that slows down time for you that you don't even choose to activate is a bit much

It also gives you brain damage, not that Setsuna cares or notices.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Venuz Patrol posted:

every freaking fighter is like "this will all be fine as long as i don't take a direct hit from wakatsuki" and then they go and take a direct hit from wakatsuki. waht the heck guys

It rules, becouse Wakatsuki's thing is being very good at punching and this manga correctly shows that "being very good at punching" doesn't just mean that you can punch hard, but also that you can get your punches to land.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I was waiting whole series for the "both fighter stand still, becouse they are predicting and countering each other moves in their mind" bullshit almost every martial arts manga does at some point and its finally here. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

Omha dies in the middle of the match and has to be torn into pieces before his body finally stops fighting.

Ohma dies in the middle of the match, but his dead body defeats Gensai. As a tie-breaker, we will proceed to the true final battle of the series - Kazzy vs. Lenny.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

AtomikKrab posted:

Isn't this the first time someone has gotten a grapple onto Gensai though?

Yeah, but on the other hand, this is also the first time he fought someone proficient in grappling on-screen.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Setsuna hunting evil Nikos and Tiger Vessels while being haunted by ghost Ohma the same way Ohma was haunted by ghost Niko and being slowly molded into sane and chill dude due to Kazzy influence is my ideal sequel setup.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Guys, do you know where is the option to switch Google into Dark Web mode? I tried settings, but no luck so far.. :confused:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Literally one chapter in and Kengan Omega is already awesome. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I would laugh if they poached Gensai.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Ok, so new Ohma, is already roughly on the level of chill Ohma with a bit of childishness added. I expect great things from him. :allears:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Rookie King actually seems like pretty good dude. He will probably beat Koga's rear end to get some extra cred so it's more impressive when not-Ohma demolishes him. Also not-Ohma is fun.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Yep, the outcome was not hard to predict. I am also pleased to see that the Kengan Asura trend where most of the fighters are actually pretty cool people when outside of match continues.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I really like our two new dumb idiot fighter boys. :allears:

Also reminder that Himuro is from the Inside so he probably has some knowledge and...opinions about Gaoh and Nico style.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I've got more "unholy combination of buff Donald Trump and Elon Musk" feeling out of him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

he's a self-made man, not a fail-son who inherited his wealth.

That's what Trump would say too.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Mary Annette posted:

Oh great, 'oodles of sinister foreigners are just waiting for the moment Japan lets its guard down to swoop in and wreck poo poo'. Never heard that one before.

Doesn't look like it's going to be a factor as Toyoda's tournament seems to be the main plotline, and KA has a ton of goodwill banked up, but I got my eye on you, manga. Watch it.

I mean the guy who talks about sinister foreigners invading Japan is specifically characterized as dangerous, sociopathic manchild, so it hardly seems like something Kengan Omega endorses.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

tweet my meat posted:

Fusui's back!

It's shameful how long it took for someone to mention that best Kure girl is back and is getting more spotlight this time. :colbert:

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Random wild speculation: one of our new protagonist boys will end up fighting for Purgatory.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
I hope this is the first sign of the series going full Baki and there is some kind of Mad Scientist that is cloning fighters in his quest to create ultimate fighting machine or something. :black101:

Lt. Lizard fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 27, 2019

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
That was very good and very gay. Only a blind chance saved the Koyo Academy group secretary from dying of blood loss.

Also nice to see that our sumo boy just doesn't give a gently caress anymore and uses throws in his "sumo".

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Wow, nice helmet Agito! But Kazzy still played you like a violin. He is good at his job. :allears:

Also my feeling that Gaoh ends up fighting for Purgatory, or becomes one of the major antagonists in some other way, is rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Jose posted:

no he didn't

Well Agito is a extremely powerful, neutral fighter with no real affiliation, reason or interest to enter this tournament on Kengan Association side or at all, yet after a short talk with Kazzy's envoy, he instantly joined the Kengan line-up of fighters, with no question asked or any special conditions. If that is not a sign of manipulation by a tactical mastermind, what is?