Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Kanos posted:

Even Kuroki, who is known around here for being "basic karate man with super strong fundamentals", has fingertips so strong he can carve statues out of stone with them and he can outspeed a gunshot. KA is well beyond realism.

Honestly the only problem I have with Ohma's return is that Ohma's ending in KA was absolutely sublime. If they do cool things with him in KO then it'll be worth bringing him back.

Yeah. His death was a strong emotional moment for me and that return soured that a bit. I really hope that Tiger Vessel plot is worth undermining both culmination of previous series and current protagonist story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Ehhhhh. I figured that Carlos would bring much more than that

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Yeah the saddest thing about Carlos is that before his heel turn he was a legit cool dude that could become friends with Kengan crew. In general fighters bonding outside of tournament was one of my favorite thing in KA and it would suck if no one from Purgatory gets the same treatment here.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Rihito plz no jobbing!

Anyway it wouldn't make sense for him to lose. Right?

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Dunno I liked absolute tenacity and fighting through the poison from Rihito. I really wanted stupid idiot to win but this fight is miles ahead of previous one. And it's not like Asura wasn't full of ambiguous "AND WE HAVE A WINNER" cliffhangers. Although I do think it is Rihitos loss.

Also absolute clowning on Yumigahama lol. gently caress that bitch. My boy Gaoh better properly gently caress him up.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
I wouldn't say that this is a fake win. Purgatory is still a very light version of Kengan where poo poo like poison is just a rookie filter and imo Falcon did very good outside of underestimating less experienced opponent which almost cost him the match. I'd say there is a trend of Purgatory being overconfident and uncoordinated with sending fighters that are not a good match for Kengan fighters and their wins fooling them in a false sense of security which will play a hand later.

On the whole thinking that a loser student of the winner of previous tournament should win is on the same wave that traditionalist karate master should job to quirky dudes. Kengan is all about subverting stuff. I am ready to eat my words but this is prime material for Rihito to grow up even more. And he did really good. Path of martial arts is hard yo.

ugusername fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jul 23, 2020

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Jose posted:

It'll probably be agito in the end.

I'm curious who is going to fight donaire since this emphasized he's the best purgatory fighter

If we're taking bets I'd say Fang. I see a scenario where he has to go against the best fighter of Purgatory and that leaves Yumi open for Gaoh to take revenge for his boyfriend. But then again I'm ready to be surprised by Wakatsuki or Okubo or anyone honestly. Man this is such a good fighting manga that predicting matchups is a real puzzle.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
The only thing that kinda irks me atm is no Kazzy agency in picking fighters. Then again it saves pages for more cool musclemen dunking on each other so...

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

This manga sucks, they're just doing mirror matches instead of making poo poo interesting.

Oh boy, boxer vs boxer, how novel. Oh yay, the two giants are gonna punch each other a bunch, hooray.

At least Rithito wasn't fighting someone who had the same build as him.

Same tbh. I would reserve my opinion before next issue but it's kinda stale. Rihito fight was awesome imo!

There has to be some other parallel story going on where other fighters will have a go on worm bitches

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Hot drat Misasa rules. Finally a fight where I'll be pissed if cool Kengan boy loses to some stupid rules bullshit. gently caress Yumigahama forever!

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Soooo even Purgatory hypes up Kazzy and he didn't really chose any fighter yet. He kinda picked Misasa but only after he already strongly went forward. Am i the only one annoyed by that? Like Kazzy being the captain was the basis for really interesting fights and everyone just going past him feels a bit sad.

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
Well on one hand Koga vs Ryuki can be super boring. But even if they won't fight in the end it wouldn't hit the same as in Asura. Tbh I'd rather watch them fight since their relationship is a lot more engaging and realised than Ohma and Setsunas so I have some faith. Just no more stupid worm bullshit please, I'd like to see the emotional resolution without distractions

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

I mean, they call it qi for a reason.

Chapter link.

So there's two connectors. Maybe more. Not sure I like that.

I had a random thought when they first revealed the whole shebang with Ed Wu and "soul transfer" or whatever like why won't they make more of the same super persons so they don't get bored or whatever. So it's not that surprising to me. At this point I embrace fantasy elements and try to have fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ugusername
Jul 5, 2013
I'm kinda feeling that it's the whole nurture vs nature thing throughout. Like I cant concretely put my finger on it but a lot of the themes of a lot of characters go through it and "just" clones/impostors generally eat poo poo while "clones" that had their own life go on. Feels like the endgame of the Connector is gonna be passing on his OP martial arts on someone unrelated like Koga.

In that vein I'm genuinely hyped for super nurture vs super nurture fight in Kuroki vs Shen, hoping it won't be just jobbing for the sake of jobbing.

ugusername fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Nov 22, 2023