Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Yeah, Wakatsuki is a really humble guy, it's basically the first trait of his we saw upon introduction. Just because he says the dude put up a close fight doesn't mean poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Reinhold revealed his power first, he gonna die

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Best Boy fukken confirmed.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

drat

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

we're still a long way away from going full Baki

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I want Muteba to win because his CEO loving rules and he's over the top enough to be kinda fun too. He's got a literal fight boner. I don't give a poo poo about the slavering beastman dude who so far has just been 'crazy' in all the most generic ways.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I like that his backstory doesn't even bother trying to come up with a reason why he's so hosed up. Still hoping for The Strongest African Organism to win though.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Muteba might be able to fight again with just his wounds if turns out he really is blind all along but surely Judoman is just plain hosed even if he wins, right? You can't walk away from that poo poo.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

Meguro himself doesn't seem very interesting (his past was pretty interesting but the dude himself in the present is just a mindless serial killer so far) but those panels of him with the lighting are really neat.

His fighting style and stance stuff is pretty cool.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I really want to check the raws to see who'll win but I know it'll be better if I don't. Still hoping for Muteba.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Muteba has only been getting cooler every chapter, Meguro can't possibly win.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

gently caress yeah Muteba, gently caress yeah wrestling dude

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I must go with my heart and my heart says Jun. This sumo guy is just some punk with a dime-a-dozen lovely personality.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

You know, I can't see Jun vs. Mutenba going well for Jun. Mutenba's whole thing is attacking inherently vulnerable body parts, like the eyes/ears/etc, that can't be protected simply by virtue of being super swole.

Not to mention that if Jun goes with his usual schtick of just sitting back and taking it, Mutemba will rip out his eyes or something.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

I believe in wrestlers

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

this is certified Good poo poo

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Hypocrisy posted:

He kicked him?

Yeah, it was actually a pretty good fakeout. He's just been doing sumo stuff this entire match so it actually made me forget that he's considered a disgrace to sumo for a reason. Nobody expects that sort of kick from a sumo wrestler.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

you know, sumo guy started out boring but he's really amped up these past two or so chapters

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

yeah like from a storytelling perspective or whatever obviously this is pretty garbage (esp that chapter that was literally just introducing the fighters and nothing else) but Kengan Ashura has decided to be this and be this so hard that its actually good. You will never read a manga that is more invested in a tournament arc.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Hate-Senpai posted:

I mean, does there really need to be an overarching storyline besides "BIG BEEFY MEN DUKE IT OUT SO THEIR CORPORATE OVERLORDS CAN RULE THE JAPANESE ECONOMY?"

agreed, all else is secondary to this bit

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

Mango Polo posted:

This is pretty much the best match so far.

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

So Jun is about to get hosed probably

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeroCount
Aug 12, 2013

JUN 3:16