Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Seems that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I like that he's not some big badass, he's just a weaselly coward. There's some really cool choreography this chapter, Sekibayashi would have been proud of that elbow drop. Also I love how Lu Tian's crazy dodges have that liquid effect instead of traditional action lines, really neat touch.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Dec 31, 2020

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy poo poo!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The dumbass peanut gallery in the infirmary and the ol' Kazzy Magic have both made their return this chaper, it's a very good chapter.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This matchup is looking pretty great for Alan, I can almost guarantee that he will be declared the winner by the referee.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:55 on Jan 21, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I've always really liked how Nikaido treats the people who came from Hayami's faction as comrades even though it was a very loose alliance that quickly went south. It's not a very in your face character trait, but you see it in stuff like him interacting with Julius in this chapter, that comedic side story with all the jobbers who infiltrated the ship meeting up in the diner (played up for comedy, but you can tell he was trying to take care of them), and Nikaido being the only one who visited Meguro's grave(?) after the annihilation tournament ended. He's a weirdo, but it's easy to see why the Heavenly Wolves are so fiercely loyal to him.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 28, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Maybe spoiler the results of the fight if the translation hasn't even released. I'm not surprised, but I certainly would have preferred learning that from reading the manga.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Personally I'd just as soon not have anyone post the raws in here so that nobody is tempted to spoil the chapter with no tags like they just did with this chapter. It's not like it's a long wait before the translation comes out and HnG is pretty much always on time. It was nice when they finally caught up to Ashura so we didn't need to worry about it, really don't wanna go back to tiptoeing through the thread.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy poo poo that dude is dead as gently caress. Raian is absolutely unstoppable when he's done playing around. Alan pulled a weapon before getting King Konged, so that could be grounds for a disqualification or draw, though it was pretty clearly self defense after he realized Raian was going for the kill so I think the right call would be a Kengan loss, and the ref seems pretty competent so that would be my guess. Honestly though the tournament seems to be getting less and less important as the worm has started making its presence known.

Very exciting developments and I can't wait to see where this goes.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Under Purgatory rules, Purgatory gladiators never lose.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://mangadex.org/chapter/1205419

Really loving excited for this one, these are probably the two fighters I've been most curious to see in action and I really wanna know what the deal is with Masaki 2. I really liked the deliberations over the outcome of the previous match too, all the options had their merits and it was cool seeing them work it out. Also loving the purgatory folks coming to terms with the fact that, despite the rules, they're fighting on Kengan match terms.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
A smile on his face and a can-do attitude.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Meguro's main purpose in the story was to be the straight man for the Hayami faction goons in side chapters

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Was really hoping to see Hayami in action this chapter, but I really like the dude so far. Excited to learn the mysterious secret of the airpods and to see him in his serial killer mode if he has one. A lot of people are complaining about mirror matchups in this tournament, but I think the closest we've had to a pure grappling matchup is Ohma vs Cosmo so I'm excited for this one.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Jurota's going over clean, I can feel it. He's way too dedicated to the fundamentals to lose to a gimmick.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This is probably one of my favorite fights so far. Medel was built up as a top of the top tier opponent, but didn't really live up to the hype in his actual fight. Yumigahama was hyped up as being super strong, but it turned out he wasn't actually that strong compared to the other fighters and he was just another one of Metsudo's pet projects. Jurota feels like the real deal, and when they say he's on the level of someone like Kanoh or Kuroki I believe it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
ok yeah that makes perfect sense why he's listening to the earbuds, Alan was just a setup character to foreshadow this twist. Honestly I'm cool with Jurota losing to the actual Meguro Masaki. That feels pretty well earned and I absolutely love the direction they took his character. Good to see them touch on Rino being Katsumasa's daughter again as well.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Brought To You By posted:

Translation is up on Hokuto no Gun's discord but Holy poo poo is this an upset. On the one hand this was a good fight and actually unpreditable but on the other the No. 2 of purgatory still lost however dominant he was in the fight itself which is still disappointing. I was really rooting for Jurota here.

Also why does Hayami want to induce Meguro's personality in Clone Meguro? He already has an amazing fighter on his hands that has all the strength of Meguro's strength but none of his weaknesses or instabilities. That's back asswards thinking.

He has all of Meguro's strength because he already is Meguro, just implanted into a (comparatively) mentally stable vessel. He was trying to implant the personality without the mental illness, and it seems like he already succeeded.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I mean he's still crazy, but who isn't in this series. Hayami Masaki is currently probably the single most chill and well adjusted fighter in the series when he isn't actually fighting (and even then he's far more level headed and tactical) while still retaining the prodigous martial skill and endurance of Meguro Masaki, so something must be going right. I absolutely love this plotline and I'm fully willing to suspend disbelief on some of the more confusing aspects of Huisheng.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah this is a straight up deathmatch. Nicolas probably wants the Kengan Association to win so he can have more fun deathmatches so he'll be going for the kill and Akoya is Akoya. This one's gonna get real nasty and I'm hyped for it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's weird, but I really like it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Well that was a bit anticlimactic. This next match is gonna be a loving banger though.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
God drat that's such a disappointing decision. Omega is pretty much dead in English now. I doubt we'll ever see a decent translation of it.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
If they were working on something official (which would be incredible) or if they had word that an official translation was coming I could understand why they're kinda vague about the whole thing.

Those posts have some potentially exciting implications.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/nawxLPY/1/1/

Holy poo poo! This fight is absolutely amazing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Earbuds could prevent fighters from hearing the referee's instructions and calls.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

verbal enema posted:

WHOAH WHOAH WAIT

WHAT ABOUT THAT SEX WORKER THAT GLASSES DUDE KNOCKED UP IN CHAPTER ONE OF ASHURA

maybe that dude is Terashi somehow cuz of idk science stuff

The worm had already replaced her with an imposter by the time the story started.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://cubari.moe/read/imgur/b5xSXli/1/1/

gently caress yeah here we go

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yo what if Wakatsuki used his own version of the ripper or the devil lance to just gash open Fei's arm forcing him to drop divine demon or pass out from blood loss? They've already set up the high blood pressure in this fight with the blood gun (which seems like a supremely bad move for someone vulnerable to blood loss), Wakatsuki has specifically studied how to counter the advance which is similar in concept to divine demon, and he was there to see Kuroki counter the advance with blood loss in the same way.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
This has been a pretty amazing fight honestly.

I'm really excited to hear about the official release. I'm holding out hope that HnG is somehow doing it officially now. It's a longshot, but they were really cagey and weird about their announcement and implied that there was more to come, and they certainly do professional grade work. The current group also seems to be in the loop, so there's definitely something going on behind the scenes that the fan translators are aware of.

Either way, an official release is a long time coming, very exciting news!

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://www.hokutonogun.com/?p=44582

Yep it's HnG, this is basically the best case scenario.

Edit:misread, they're using their translation as a base I think, but I don't think HnG is actually doing it.

tweet my meat fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 29, 2021

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Also drat, rip Fei. I'm really starting to dislike this Niko dude. Also it sucks that they seemingly skipped Muteba, but maybe they'll circle back on it next week.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I think that Ohma has already been hijacked by the worm honestly.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
The site could certainly be worse. Kengan definitely deserves a better platform, but I'll use it anyways because an official release is an official release.

The keys seem relatively cheap at least for weekly readers, 4 bucks for 10. If you're just reading the free weekly chapter and occasionally using a key to break the 12 hour window then that would last a very long time. I'll have to work out how much the full collection would wind up costing.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
It's about $113 before taxes and new chapters to get every chapter of ashura and omega if they were all released right now, that seems a tad expensive.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/orLp1D/chapter-130/

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
https://twitter.com/daromeon/status/1472411574048821248?t=FK-cKB41Ny3xcMDacN0Fsg&s=19

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
We're right back into the swing of it and I like how things are playing out post tournament, even if that arc dragged on a bit too long. I missed Koga.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I love Xia more and more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

Caidin posted:

Haruo is shaped like a friend more then ever before

I still love it so much that he actually gained weight instead of getting super cut when he reawakened