Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

raian just seems like a worse adam dudley, imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

if they hurt yoshiko i'm going to riot.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

the kure clan is straight up a clan of assassins.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

it's a thing in a lot of manga and japanese games.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Pewdiepie posted:

Dudley would have won already.

not an emptyquote.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

tweet my meat posted:

Yeah ohma was just wailing on ryan who had been knocked out for good at that point.

I'm starting to like ohma's fighting style a lot more. Niko style is definitely a lot more interesting than the advance and seeing him chain these moves together is pretty fun. I like the idea of having 4 schools of techniques that can be blended together.

yeah this is p much exactly what i was thinking during the last couple chapters, niko style has a lot more potential for cool fights than "angry man with super mode punches very hard" and i'm glad it looks like ohma's going to make better use of it from now on.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

holy poo poo i didn't notice the kure girl in the last chapter. great stealth gag with her always having her eyes closed.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

p sure raian would stomp him too. honestly ohma was probably one of the best people to fight raian, since he has his own super mode to stall out the removal.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

where the red fern gropes posted:

it said setsuna killed some of them? i don't get when that happened

iirc it was on the boat, when they trounced hassad some blood splattered on ohma and kiryu flipped the gently caress out.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

i'm guessing setsuna subs in for cosmo for one last shot at ohma and gets his teeth kicked in.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

i'm glad down-on-her-luck ceo girl made it to the big time.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

mcdonald's chicken nuggets have the texture of cardboard.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Ruggington posted:

also they made Adam Dudley's grill say "drat"

what the drat??

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

don't become a cop, ryuki

also ohma vs raian and cosmo vs akoya might've been bad, but they led to ohma vs cosmo which was honestly one of my favorite fights in the series.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Nov 9, 2019

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

idk i don't think "there are very important rule differences that he isn't used to" is quite the same thing as "he's poorly suited to underground fights".

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

That's ignoring both Carlos' derision for Gaolang and the fact that he is the former public champion who has now fully committed to fighting in underground matches in contrast to his current opponent. I could just be making a bad read but I have a feeling someone else will make a similar rebuff on gaolang in the next chapter not because he didn't pay attention for the ringout, but because his mindset never let him consider it being a public fighter and that kind of annoys me on top of Purgatory seriously being proud that they use ringouts like this

carlos does look down on goalang, this is true. then five seconds later he gets his entire loving face caved in. i don't think you're supposed to agree with him.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

yeah, like, what are even the stakes to this tournament? oh no, a different rich rear end in a top hat might take over the kengan association with his 'improved working conditions' nonsense. until just now none of the fighters have had much of riding on it; they just want to fight.

tbf that's more or less what the stakes were in the first tournament.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

lmao i thought for sure that raian was gonna turn out to be the real incarnation of the founder, but lol nope just brutalized the guy anyway, no powerup necessary