Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

CharlestonJew posted:

why was he shirtless though

I don't know about you, but I know I do all my strangling while shirtless.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Obviously Koga isn't having any fun. That's his flaw. Or killer instinct. Probably the fun thing though.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Lt. Lizard posted:

Actually, considering that Muteba has no real allegiance to Kengan association and was in it explicitly for the money, I wouldn't be surprised if he ended up being a fighter for Purgatory.

No way, he learned his lesson from the kengan matches. Getting into a ring for a fair 1v1 is far from ideal or something he enjoys. If we get to see him again he'll be there for the act 3 disruption of the tournament that we all know is going to happen.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

I typically don't know what day of the week it is and don't/won't keep track of when things release, if it doesn't get posted in a thread I follow I'd likely not see any chapters until a few months later when I get curious and go through the backlog. So, I get the confusion/being disappointed because it happened to me too.

Sextro fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Feb 19, 2020

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Kanos posted:

I am too strong and bored. I will go off and train in the mountains for 15 years in hopes that this psychotic murderer will eventually hunt me down so I can have a Good Judo Match, because that's what will make my life worth living.

Yeah he's kind of a nut.

Sounds better than zoom meetings tbh.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Well, I hope someone posts whenever the official translation that might never happen catches up to where we are now.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Plutonis posted:

It's 100% because they lost interest but are trying to save face. They said on the discord they wanted to do other manga instead.

Also, guess here are lovely scans instead

https://www.reddit.com/gallery/nr0m9t

This is exactly the win I hoped to see, and speedscans are fine :(

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

There's no way Waka hasn't evolved the blast core, Fei is going to be a red mist and have to be really aware of it as it happens.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Brought To You By posted:

I need an entire spinoff series of Inspector Narushima and Officer Kureishi to get the taste of this the tournament out of my mouth.

I need this series and I loved the tournament.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

And for the next arc, itís now a BL story.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

To clarify, Iím here for this change in direction. I really think thereís some great ground to cover in the crossover space between the kind of manga that has Raian the human can opener and a BL punchmans story. Kengan has always benefited from that inherent genre tension, and itís great to see it leaned into.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

It kinda makes sense for the organization that seems to heavily lean on cloning and duplication would also be an organization that specializes in jobbing. Being a clone or other type of copy is just coding jobbing into the base level of any character in punchmanga after all.

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Tbh I think thatís the direction the author has been moving this whole time and itís just taken a while for their particular expression of it to come out as they go through the creative process.

Itís easy to be distracted by the awesome, detailed and hyper-violent art and think this is supposed to be Serious Punching Manga, but when you look at the side materials, the notes, and author commentary - I think you could argue theyíre more interested in something like Cutie Honey; ie the content and the presentation of the content are somewhat at odds making for something quite enjoyable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sextro
Aug 23, 2014

Xia Ji join the professional wrestling crew